Grip Training Elementary

MiroslavBrabenec

Hello everybody,

I made my first grip machine and I would like to ask you about basic information:

• Type of exercises
  • Best routines
  • Basic skills against injury

post-23718-0-08753700-1421664402_thumb.j

Thank you for information

Mike

• Like 1

I would first say that you need address the range you will work best at. Second, in what aspect does it relate to your overall goal towards grip strength? I would suggest putting some object under the machine to help cheat the handles up. That way you are only working the area that works best for what you are attempting without having to kill your grip strength by wasting time

• Like 1

I would first say that you need address the range you will work best at. Second, in what aspect does it relate to your overall goal towards grip strength? I would suggest putting some object under the machine to help cheat the handles up. That way you are only working the area that works best for what you are attempting without having to kill your grip strength by wasting time

Thanks for advice.

• I competed in strongman and powerlifting. Now I have a break so I returned to sport climbing. My actual weight is 105 kg so I would like to be strong enough to be able to climb heavy routes (no I am able to climb about 6c). Next goal is to be keep enough strengh to be able to return to strongman and powerlifting. Summarize: To develop grip strength for climbing and my future return to strongman competitions.
  • I more question: where would you recommend me to buy grippers? I have found this: http://cannonpowerworks.com/products

Thanks for advice.

• I competed in strongman and powerlifting. Now I have a break so I returned to sport climbing. My actual weight is 105 kg so I would like to be strong enough to be able to climb heavy routes (no I am able to climb about 6c). Next goal is to be keep enough strengh to be able to return to strongman and powerlifting. Summarize: To develop grip strength for climbing and my future return to strongman competitions.
  • I more question: where would you recommend me to buy grippers? I have found this: http://cannonpowerworks.com/products

Cannonpowerworks is your best bet for any gripper need you have.

• Like 1

Thanks for advice.

And for Mash Monster certification can I have any of them?

Thanks for advice.

And for Mash Monster certification can I have any of them?

You can only get replicas of them. If you want to try the real deal, just like everybody on the board you have to sign up and wait your turn, then after you've made your official go at that level, the gripper must go back to the person who is holding on to them for safe keeping (Matt Cannon).

I checked out the video again. When you attempt to close the handles on the grip machine, are you closing it with just the strength of your hands or lifting it like you would for a deadlift?

I think you have more in you and can handle more weight on that machine.

I checked out the video again. When you attempt to close the handles on the grip machine, are you closing it with just the strength of your hands or lifting it like you would for a deadlift?

I think you have more in you and can handle more weight on that machine.

I tried to be strick and focused to eliminate using other muscles groups except my grip. To minimize the use of back I tried to stand so that I had with stretched arms and perpendicular to the surface. Maybe I will be able to handle more weight but I am still not sure about technique and distance of handles.