Looking For Man Strongest In Deadlift Lockout And Inch Replica Clean A

1stCoC

You are right Rick . I think there is plenty of raw back strength out there but the grip if fairly done over 1000 is the real weak link key. The most important applicable part of the three parts of grip strength is the supporting grip. I as well as others thought it would be a great test to just see how much the human hand unassisted could hold.

There are other things we can assist with in Guinness book. I was asked to be on the review committee for strength related events. As always, thanks Rick for your insight.

• Like 1

Hello Richard,

this video was in 2013 during a funny training session in a gym. We have done strange things in this evening. Strange and risk things :-)
I started with 150kg shrugs up to 200Kg. Then i wanted to know how much i can hold without straps. 220Kg, 250Kg, 300Kg, 350Kg, 460Kg.
I could have done much more but the gym owner was angry of the bent barbell. Now i'm happy i haven't done more because it was discount steel from china which was not built to do heavy gripping stuff with that.

• Like 2

That seemed to be a clean lift close to what we were figuring . The bar did move freely for a distance ,head and back came up straight and you were raw, 460 kilo is 1056 pounds ...a real worthy lift. You can see the toll the great weight takes on the bar. If that was a normal reverse grip with no hook you truly do have outstandingly strong hands. Thanks for video!

That looked much higher than right at the top of the knee cap?

Yes tit seemed to be but I did not see from the front. The bar when you are standing upright shoulder with conventional stance bar should nest in groove right above patellar bone not on below or way above. This real strong gent was a bit high seeming on start but bar moved well. With differing bends of the bar after slack is taken out should approximately move 6" as we have measured a number of times. Great eye Rick!

• Like 1

Still at mid quad height if the bar fully rested on the strength of the hands and was moved it woul be a huge load supported by the hands alone. Years ago they tried some lockouts with standard rIlroad train wheels fitted to an Olympic bar figuring it could be done but as Dr. Ken Leistner remarked it was first tried bare handed, then hook , then with straps , then with 2 men and it still didn't get air time. That wheel set with bar weighed around 1500 lbs.

My hopes to see a huge lockout from above knees or a giant 727 plus one handed deadlift resides I would think in the body of Benny Magnussen ,champion power lifter and record holding deadlifter. His form , explosiveness ,and exceptional hand strength seem to be the most adequate presently for either top marks in those two lifts.