Looking For Man Strongest In Deadlift Lockout And Inch Replica Clean A

1stCoC

We are putting together opportunity of a short , main stage spot Guinness/Arnold's/ Guinness Book shot at a free handed from top of kneecaps, no straps max barbell lockout, no hitching full lockout hands not touching body. Prize included for record exceeding 1331. Who is best in world to contact?

Second optional feat an Inch replica one handed power clean from ground to shoulder in one movement with no other body contact. From shoulder then pushed and locked overhead for under control down call. Record is now one rep ,any number exceeding this done correctly within two minute time frame results in record/ prize and Guinness book recommendation..this is not a full contest but a challenge to the top one or two in both or each individual event. Open to all comers to request opportunity. Includes all Arnold Athletes and former mighty mitts contestants or the strongest man you know of.i look to the grip community for suggestions.

Edited by 1stCoC
  • Like 3

Time is so crunched due to a change in venues not using the auditorium for body building finals. So we have put together a potential plan to feature grip. The greatest poundage ever lifted with raw hands to me is significant in the recognition of true grip power. I have for years wondered if a few grip feats could be recorded into history under well documented conditions. We always try to support grip and I thought giving a addition opportunity to grip in the Guinness book (the second most popular book to the Bible )would help those blessed with a super grip be recognized.

I think he could possibly set records in both. Good man very strong. I hope he or anyone else realizes the potential. Durniat is within striking range as well as superman in deadlift star as Benny Magnusen. This year we will see who is "game."

• Like 1

Wish I could help more but I don't know anyone personally. Here are the only two people off the top of my head that I can think of.

Eddie Hall, and Vince Urbank.

Eddie Hall has an absolute massive deadlift, over 1000 lbs in a strongman setting, but I don't really know how strong his hands are for sure.

Also, I believe I saw a video of Vince Urbank deadlifting over 900 lbs double overhand in a powerlifting contest. He might have been using a hook grip, but I get the impression that his hands are very very strong.

Wish I could help more but I don't know anyone personally. Here are the only two people off the top of my head that I can think of.

Eddie Hall, and Vince Urbank.

Eddie Hall has an absolute massive deadlift, over 1000 lbs in a strongman setting, but I don't really know how strong his hands are for sure.

Also, I believe I saw a video of Vince Urbank deadlifting over 900 lbs double overhand in a powerlifting contest. He might have been using a hook grip, but I get the impression that his hands are very very strong.

yes he was using a hook grip.

It would have to be a lot higher then just above the knee for someone to pull a 1300+ pound rack pull.

A real rack pull from about 18" is usually only 60-100 pounds over a guy's floor deadlift.

My best lockout with a front facing hook grip is 660 kg and I've cleaned the Inch a few times. But that was 100 lbs bodyweight ago and a few years back. I wish I could do it now !!

• Like 7

I watched Dave clean the Inch yesterday at the Gym several times; Not sure he could do the lockout. That's something we need to try this week.

• Like 2

Steve Justa I've heard that he has hit 1800lbs on the deadlift lockout with a setup using barrels welded to a bar. That is if the big foot of strength could be bothered into going to such an event.

Edited by hellswindstaff

1800 pounds lol what??? From what distance???

Here's a rack pull from my knee caps with 675lbs. I've done 715lbs but not on video. No ones doing 1800lbs with a regular rack pull range of motion.

Edited by king crusher
  • Like 1

Here's a rack pull from my knee caps with 675lbs. I've done 715lbs but not on video. No ones doing 1800lbs with a regular rack pull range of motion.

It's supposed to be the top 1" ROM, so almost an isometric contraction and he's been working the lift for like 20 years. It's not an outlandish claim considering those factors and that strongmen have hit over 1000lbs on a full ROM with shorter training careers.

BTW sick lift. That's just above the knee? My record for just above the knee is around 600lbs. It's crazy the difference a couple of inches make in terms of poundage IME; above knee/ below knee.

Edited by hellswindstaff

http://youtu.be/kNPsiJ75JwE

It's supposed to be a 1" ROM, so almost an isometric contraction and he's been working the lift for like 20 years. It's not an outlandish claim considering those factors and that strongmen have hit over 1000lbs on a full ROM with shorter training careers.

So full rom on this lift you're talking about is only 1"? For me even a rack pull from the knee caps doesn't seem that far because of my long arms. Over 78" reach at 6' 1/2" Edited by king crusher

It's supposed to be the top 1" ROM, so almost an isometric contraction and he's been working the lift for like 20 years. It's not an outlandish claim considering those factors and that strongmen have hit over 1000lbs on a full ROM with shorter training careers.

BTW sick lift. That's just above the knee? My record for just above the knee is around 600lbs. It's crazy the difference a couple of inches make in terms of poundage IME; above knee/ below knee.

yeah that is the lowest my gym can set the safeties to. For me it hits right on the high side on my actual knee cap. Yeah every inch lower or higher makes a big difference. Thanks man.

The best of the best here aint pullin them numbers i call BS. Sorry HWS, not toward you, please dont take offense, but Justa is full of shit.

It's supposed to be a 1" ROM, so almost an isometric contraction and he's been working the lift for like 20 years. It's not an outlandish claim considering those factors and that strongmen have hit over 1000lbs on a full ROM with shorter training careers.

So full rom on this lift you're talking about is only 1"? For me even a rack pull from the knee caps doesn't seem that far because of my long arms. Over 78" reach at 6' 1/2"

Exactly! Justa's starting position is supposed to be 1" from lockout.

The best of the best here aint pullin them numbers i call BS. Sorry HWS, not toward you, please dont take offense, but Justa is full of shit.

None taken, I'm not here to convince anyone of anything

Edited by hellswindstaff

John Beatty,former Strongman Pro Card holder, former proprietor of Fat Bastard Barbell Company, and Quarter-finalist of America's Got Talent, used to have "lockout numbers" that were just UNREAL. I would suggest contacting him to see what kind of shape he is in these days.

Edited by Hubgeezer
  • Like 3

We are putting together opportunity of a short , main stage spot Guinness/Arnold's/ Guinness Book shot at a free handed from top of kneecaps, no straps max barbell lockout, no hitching full lockout hands not touching body. Prize included for record exceeding 1331. Who is best in world to contact?

Second optional feat an Inch replica one handed power clean from ground to shoulder in one movement with no other body contact. From shoulder then pushed and locked overhead for under control down call. Record is now one rep ,any number exceeding this done correctly within two minute time frame results in record/ prize and Guinness book recommendation..this is not a full contest but a challenge to the top one or two in both or each individual event. Open to all comers to request opportunity. Includes all Arnold Athletes and former mighty mitts contestants or the strongest man you know of.i look to the grip community for suggestions.

Why 1331#? Is that the current Guiness record? Held by who? And with what rule set?

Why 1331#? Is that the current Guiness record? Held by who? And with what rule set?

Here's a picture of Richard Sorin holding this weight at lockout with a mixed grip.

http://www.cyberpump.com/gallery/album24/aam

• Like 1

Here's a picture of Richard Sorin holding this weight at lockout with a mixed grip.

http://www.cyberpump.com/gallery/album24/aam

Ah - I understand - thanks Eric - I remember seeing that picture now - Richard looks a year or two younger there :). . Is there a Guiness record for this lift as well that the guys can go for??

Any top desdlifter or pro strongman could crush this lift. It's so obscure that I doubt any would care though. Think for Bennie mag or Brian shaw who can pull a grand or close to it. From the floor. Imagine an inch to lock out.