Going For The Gains, Meetthemortahud's Log

MeetTheMortahud

My Christmas present this year was the Captains of Crush gripper set, Guide through #4, only one missing is the #0.5. So, with that, I'm getting into grip training! As of right now, the only goal I have is to certify on the #3, but I'm sure as I go, my goals will adjust. Along with my weightlifting, I'm going to start with grippers and slowly add in a little bit more at a time, pinching, thickbar, etc.

I'm going to start with the Radical Reps Baseline Training program, I'm using the Sport for the 10 rep, the Trainer for the 5 rep, and will start with the #1 as my goal gripper. I'm pretty close to closing it now though, so if I can close it when it gets to that point in the program, my goal gripper will bump up to the #1.5.

Any opinions, advice, constructive criticism, or anything else is highly encouraged. I feel like I'm learning quite a bit, just from reading the forums, but I'll admit that I don't know everything, and am always willing to learn from those who know more than me.

• Like 3

Welcome to the addiction and good luck.

I am still amazed by the vast knowledge freely shared on this board.

Some incredible people doing amazing things in a little known niche of the strength world.

• Like 1

The fastest and most efficient way to get strong would be to set the gripper to where the handles are parallell before closing it, and here's the best video to learn how to set the gripper in your hand:

• Like 2

8 January 2015

10x10 CoC Sport

Did the first day of the RRBT program. Also watched the setting video and gave the #1 a shot just to see if that was why I couldn't close it, but still couldn't.

9 January 2015

10x10 CoC Sport, spread throughout the day, both hands

Day 2 Phase 1 of the RRBT program. Lifted today, and my hands didn't feel too burnt out at the end of the day, so feel like I'm doing pretty good so far.

10 January 2015

1x5 CoC Trainer, throughout the day, both hands

Day 3 Phase 1 of RRBT. Felt pretty easy, but its supposed to be a rest day. Also did some random closes on the Sport and Trainer while showing a friend the grippers.

11 January 2015

10x10 CoC Sport, throughout the day, both hands.

Day 4 Phase 1 of the RRBT program. Still feeling pretty good, thinking I'm going to start adding some plate pinching into my program as well. Looked into the Rolling Thunder a bit today. Is it a good substitute for thickbar work or are they too different from each other?

13 January 2015

So going a different direction here. Started reading Mastery of Hand Strength, so decided to do a dedicated grip workout 3 times a week, on my weightlifting off days. Today just used grippers. Was going to add plate pinching, but had a slight cooking accident and sliced the hell out of my right thumb, so am going to let that heal a bit before I start bleeding all over the place.

1x10 CoC Sport, both hands

2x5 CoC Trainer, both hands

3 attempts at CoC #1, both hands. Got within about a half inch of closing with both hands on the first attempt, by the third could barely get it to parallel.

• Like 1

15 January 2015

3 attempts at CoC #1, both hands. Even closer on the first attempt, pretty close even on the third attempt. I'll get it on Saturday...

17 January 2015

3 attempts at CoC #1, both hands

I closed the son of a bitch! First attempt with right hand! It wasn't with authority, but I felt the handles click together. The other two attempts with right and all the left hand attempts almost got there, but not quite.

• Like 1

19 January 2015

Workout schedule is flip flopped this week, just works better for my schedule. Never quite got the #1 this time, but thiiis close with all three attempts with right hand. Very close with left hand too, but haven't quite got it. Will Wednesday...

21 January 2015

Didn't get close with any of the attempts. Was in a bit of a hurry, maybe that's why? Just wasn't feeling it today.

• 8 years later...

Way cool never too young to start training

On 1/4/2024 at 7:12 PM, Joshlo said:

where to I buy the RRBT  program ?????

I wish to improve my grip  at  age  79

Josh

Hey Josh, it’s not currently for sale but I working on a way to get it back on the market. 

• Like 2