Elite Closed

RogerSteffens

Some of you know that I've been close on the Elite gripper for some months now, although for the past 2 months haven't been using the grippers much, but more the Atlas for open hand strength.

Well, I just closed my Elite gripper this evening. I had just come back from a golf outing and hands were warmed up. I tried my #3 without warmup and ground the handles.  That was the signal ! Gave the Elite a try and it closed. Some months back I'd been at a couple of pennies.

I hope some time this summer to get pictures, but probably not till early August.

Very impressive Roger!!  You're even a rarer breed of rare breeds now.  You've got to try for the #4 now.

BC.

Roger, this truly is an awesome feat of strength!  You should consider documenting the strength of your Elite with PDA so that others will understand the immensity of your recent close.  The Elite just doesn't "feel" harder, it is harder.  I friend of mine who does a bit of grip work up to the #1 perhaps said it best one day.  I brought the Elite to work and he examined it closely, he could not place the gripper in his hand to even move the handles at all.  He then held it up like it was a mystifying icon and pronounced in a very solemn tone that he could not even imagine a human being ever closing such a thing!  We both agreed that the Elite seemed more appropriate as a car shock absorber.

I hope this puts the close in perspective for everyone who does not own an Elite.

Great going Roger. Were going to have to call you Major Crush now. It seems the sweep strength work translated real well into your close. Maybe it was also just the time off. Now work up to six reps and you may frighten a #4.

Way to go Roger!  Now after the #4!

Well done Roger! I've just had someone asking me on the phone who will be the next to close the #4, well maybe your the man to fit the bill. Good luck with all your training.

David

Awesome job ! Tonight I got my #3 to 1/2. I'm still a long way from closing the #3 and a longer way from closing the Elite.

One of my friend, who is a VERY strong guy, looked at my grippers tonight and tried them (he never trained with weights) : #1 easy, #2 easy, #3 3/4 of an inch. I'll have him to train on the grippers. He's a machine !

Way to go, Roger!  If you could, please outline the workout you used to close that Elite.  I have the Elite myself, and it's almost unmovable!  I'm glad to see you have finally conquered the beast!  

Now.... go get that #4!!!

Absolutely amazing! We do all automatically think - hungrily - of the #4. But I just want to stop and say that closing the Elite is absolutely raw! I hope you will take pictures, or perhaps even a video, next time you close it. That would be a grand inspirational piece for those of us who have seen your struggle for the goal we all secretly covet.

Thanks for the interest and support. I'll get my stepfather to take a picture when I see him last week of July; he's the one who captured my #3 shot.  With luck, maybe I'll be able to close it reasonably consistently by then.

Make sure you give the Elite a workout. I think Gorilla was right in an old post that it softens up (seasons ?) after it's forced closed a couple of dozen times. I'm pretty sure the #4 softens up only after being beaten with a sledge hammer.

Roger - if you want, I will videotape it FREE.... give you a copy FREE, send a copy to ANYONE you want FREE.....

Catch my drift?  I have lots of videotape, and live close to where you are.  Just let me know when.... and I'll be there in a flash!  E-mail me, call me - whatever is good for you.  Hey, I'll even bring my Elite!  This is GRIP HISTORY!!  (Hence, my excitement!)

E-mail:  Sybersnott@yahoo.com

Hotline:  1-877-571-7486  (toll-free/24-7)