Jump to content
EricMilfeld

Powerlifting Log

Recommended Posts

Shoggoth
22 minutes ago, EricMilfeld said:

Definitely. I’m presently warming up on squats and either I got hit by truck or left nothing on the platform. Also gonna let these shoulders heal a couple more weeks at least. 

Now’s when a specialty bar or two would be nice. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
EricMilfeld

Squat

140x2x12

2-Second Pause Squats

165x3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
EricMilfeld
17 minutes ago, Shoggoth said:

Now’s when a specialty bar or two would be nice. 

Absolutely. Just stuffing  myself under the squat bar hurts my shoulders. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Shoggoth
6 minutes ago, EricMilfeld said:

Absolutely. Just stuffing  myself under the squat bar hurts my shoulders. 

Maybe front squats or hold the straps like Clint Darden was doing. Kinda like a SSB. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
EricMilfeld
2 minutes ago, Shoggoth said:

Maybe front squats or hold the straps like Clint Darden was doing. Kinda like a SSB. 

I am definitely not a front squatter! Haha. But the strap idea I may try. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
EricMilfeld

Neck Curls

40k x 2x15

One Legged Calf Raises

25k x 2x15

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike Rinderle
13 hours ago, EricMilfeld said:

Neck Curls

40k x 2x15

One Legged Calf Raises

25k x 2x15

 

My kinda workout!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
EricMilfeld
2 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

My kinda workout!

Haha!

Felt like I had to do something, not being able to bench. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
EricMilfeld

Deadlift 

175x15

Off 2” Plates

175x2x7

Shrugs

205x2x12

Chins

118.3x8

- rest one minute then 5 body weight reps

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
EricMilfeld

Im meeting up with Tommy, Tanner, and Adam Sunday, so I decided to dust off my grip today.  I told Tommy I’m hoping for a participation trophy.

Wooden Pinch Block

183x1

188x1

191x not quite a full lockout

172x3

60mm 1044 Stainless Steel Ball Bearing Revolving Handle from Sweden

Right 138x1

Left 138x1

Right 133x5

Left 133x7

 

 

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
EricMilfeld

Squat

145x12

2 Second Pauses

175x2x5

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
EricMilfeld

Yesterday:

Trained grip with Adam, Tommy, Tanner, and  Morgan yesterday. Was pleasantly surprised to discover I could still lift the Blob. 

Today:

Neck Curls

50k x8

50k x10

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tommy J.
7 minutes ago, EricMilfeld said:

Yesterday:

Trained grip with Adam, Tommy, Tanner, and  Morgan yesterday. Was pleasantly surprised to discover I could still lift the Blob. 

Today:

Neck Curls

50k x8

50k x10

Easily!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
EricMilfeld

10k Plate Wrist Curls

Left

x7, 7, 7

Right

x7, 7, 7

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
EricMilfeld

Deadlift 

200x2x10

2” Plates

200x5

Shrugs

215x2x10

Chins

130.6x6 PR!

Body Weight Chins

x10

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
EricMilfeld

Bench

115x2x8

2 Second Pauses

115x5

Shoulder finally felt fair enough to bench again.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
EricMilfeld

Swedish 60mm Roller

Left worked up to 

71.65x1

 

Right worked up to

67.9x1 

Pinch Block

best single 86.65

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike Rinderle

What width block?  Solid work!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
EricMilfeld
51 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

What width block?  Solid work!

It’s a 2 1/4” wooden block arced at the top like a Euro. It’s painted, so it’s fairly slick. But I’m still nearly 30 pounds off my best with it. But my thick bar hasn’t lost much at all. That roller I used is the most difficult one you’ll ever touch. Stainless steel handle and encased ball bearings. It doesn’t know what binding is. 😆 Drama-free apparatus!!!

And thanks, buddy!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Boulderbrew
1 hour ago, EricMilfeld said:

Stainless steel handle and encased ball bearings. It doesn’t know what binding is. 😆 Drama-free apparatus!!!

It was very cool! Are you going to make it out this Sunday? I am going to make my official #3 cert attempt with Tommy out at Adam’s 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
EricMilfeld
10 hours ago, Boulderbrew said:

It was very cool! Are you going to make it out this Sunday? I am going to make my official #3 cert attempt with Tommy out at Adam’s 

I wouldn’t miss you pulverizing that gripper for all the beer in Adam’s ice chest!😀

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
EricMilfeld

Squat

170x2x8

2 Second Pauses

180x5

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
EricMilfeld

Bench

110x12

2 Second Pauses

117.5x4(missed fifth)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
EricMilfeld

Deadlift 

220x10 PR!

Off 2” Plates

215x5 PR!

Shrugs

225x2x8

Chins

143.7x3 PR!

bodyweight x 11

Been eating big lately and it paid off today. I weighed 237 before my workout, so I may just make a go at the 120 weight class, even if I never reach a full 264 pounds. It would be nice to squat well into the 600s and possibly pull 700. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike Rinderle
4 minutes ago, EricMilfeld said:

Deadlift 

220x10 PR!

Off 2” Plates

215x5 PR!

Shrugs

225x2x8

Chins

143.7x3 PR!

bodyweight x 11

Been eating big lately and it paid off today. I weighed 237 before my workout, so I may just make a go at the 120 weight class, even if I never reach a full 264 pounds. It would be nice to squat well into the 600s and possibly pull 700. 

 

There's nothing more anabolic than a calorie. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy policies.