Deadlift

531x3

449x7

Chins

304x3

Pullups from 2” Bar

233x10

• Like 1

Tomorrow I’m scheduled to receive my new Rogue stainless steel 20k Ohio Power Bar and about 350 kilos of Rogue calibrated powerlifting plates. Super excited! I’ll be able to load in 0.5 kilo increments, and going forward I’ll be posting all my workouts in strictly kilograms. I feel so Euro-sophisticated now. And my fourth grade teacher lied to me when she said America is converting to the metric system, so maybe now I can redeem her name in some small way.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, EricMilfeld said:

Tomorrow I’m scheduled to receive my new Rogue stainless steel 20k Ohio Power Bar and about 350 kilos of Rogue calibrated powerlifting plates. Super excited! I’ll be able to load in 0.5 kilo increments, and going forward I’ll be posting all my workouts in strictly kilograms. I feel so Euro-sophisticated now. And my fourth grade teacher lied to me when she said America is converting to the metric system, so maybe now I can redeem her name in some small way.

That's an awesome set to have!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tommy J. said:

Very cool! So you will be able to go .5 increments total on a barbell? As in- the plates go as small as .25k?

that is super cool!

Yes, so about 1.1 pound jumps in weight. And everything weighs what it should to within 10 grams!

• Like 1

attention. the rouge plates have bad colour, they loose the paint very fast. and then you have shabby outlook at new plates. so handle with care

• Like 1

4 hours ago, corefire said:

attention. the rouge plates have bad colour, they loose the paint very fast. and then you have shabby outlook at new plates. so handle with care

I did read reviews about that. With painted plates it seems you have to put up with it. I’ve even seen badly chipped Eleiko plates. But it doesn’t really bother me too much. 

• Like 1

yes eleiko also loose quality very much in the last years :-(

On ‎3‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 7:30 AM, EricMilfeld said:

Jelly!  I have their Ohio DL bar and love it!

Edited by Mike Rinderle
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Jelly!  I have their Ohio DL bar and love it!

Nice!

Ive never tried it. Is the knurling comparable to their power bars? 

Pretty good spring off the floor?

2 minutes ago, EricMilfeld said:

Nice!

Ive never tried it. Is the knurling comparable to their power bars? 

Pretty good spring off the floor?

Knurling is a little more aggressive than the power bars.  Flex is in between the TDL and ODL bars I've pulled on, but very close to the TDL.  Taking a little getting used to.  My numbers actually dropped a little when I first started pulling with it.  Learning to take that slack up instead of exploding.  HAHAHA

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Knurling is a little more aggressive than the power bars.  Flex is in between the TDL and ODL bars I've pulled on, but very close to the TDL.  Taking a little getting used to.  My numbers actually dropped a little when I first started pulling with it.  Learning to take that slack up instead of exploding.  HAHAHA

Being a slow conventional puller who’s strong off the floor, deadlift bars never gave me a real noticeable advantage. But I’ve heard of others gaining 50 pounds!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, EricMilfeld said:

Being a slow conventional puller who’s strong off the floor, deadlift bars never gave me a real noticeable advantage. But I’ve heard of others gaining 50 pounds!

I'm still looking for my 50.  :laugh

I like it a lot.  It just took some getting used to.   I've actually been using it for squats too.  Since my shoulder tear, I can't squat with a straight bar with my hands inside the rack.  The extra length lets me get my hands outside the pins and it seems to work.  No center knurling but I've never had it slip, and if i ever get to a decent squat whip might come into play; but so far so good.

Edited by Mike Rinderle
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

I'm still looking for my 50.  :laugh

I like it a lot.  It just took some getting used to.   I've actually been using it for squats too.  Since my shoulder tear, I can't squat with a straight bar with my hands inside the rack.  The extra length lets me get my hands outside the pins and it seems to work.  No center knurling but I've never had it slip, and if i ever get to a decent squat whip might come into play; but so far so good.

Something I'll do if I'm squatting with a no centre knurling bar is just give it a wrap of athletic or hockey tape. Works great.

• Like 2

All lifts recorded in kilos starting today. 

Squat

215x3

3-Second Pauses

200x3 PR!

High Bar

160x5

Bench

140x2 (missed third rep)

3-Second Pauses

132.5x2 post-injury PR!

2.5” Bar Hammer Curls

26x7 

• Like 1

Bench

110x14

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, EricMilfeld said:

Bench

110x14

Sure looks deceptive if a guy's using 25's eh?

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Shoggoth said:

Sure looks deceptive if a guy's using 25's eh?

It does! Looks like minuscule weight. 

• Like 1

I just wasn’t feeling the deadlifts today. 

Chins

125x8 PR!

Pullups

106x10

• Like 1

Squat

225x3 P to the Rrrr!!!

Bench

132.5x5

3-Second Pauses

125x4 PR!

Thick Handle Hammer Curls