• Thanks 1

Lend me some of that bench please! Just so I can get that 150 of my mind xD 

Impressive lifting! 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Lennix said:

Lend me some of that bench please! Just so I can get that 150 of my mind xD 

Impressive lifting! 

Thanks a bunch!

You’re doing some fine lifting of your own! I suppose we both struggle with the bench. Any half-kilo or rep I can add to my bench feels monumental. I know you’ll get that 150! 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, EricMilfeld said:

Thanks a bunch!

You’re doing some fine lifting of your own! I suppose we both struggle with the bench. Any half-kilo or rep I can add to my bench feels monumental. I know you’ll get that 150! 

Thanks! Yea bench is hard -.- I mixed it up now with volume and doing pushups every day I'm not benching 80-110 reps to see if I can get it moving. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lennix said:

Thanks! Yea bench is hard -.- I mixed it up now with volume and doing pushups every day I'm not benching 80-110 reps to see if I can get it moving. 

Other than simply eating more, incorporating some high-rep sets have definitely lit a fire under my bench’s butt. Also, when my shoulders don’t protest, benching twice weekly, as opposed to once, seems to help me. 

Just now, EricMilfeld said:

Other than simply eating more, incorporating some high-rep sets have definitely lit a fire under my bench’s butt. Also, when my shoulders don’t protest, benching twice weekly, as opposed to once, seems to help me. 

Thats great, I've been benching 3x/week for like 2 years (been lifting for 3). I guess my monkey arms makes it a bit harder but I'm weak aswell. Hope volume does the trick. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lennix said:

Thats great, I've been benching 3x/week for like 2 years (been lifting for 3). I guess my monkey arms makes it a bit harder but I'm weak aswell. Hope volume does the trick. 

Wow, you must recover quickly. No way could I go three times a week. But I do tend to keep the intensity rather high. Have you experimented much with the width of your grip? You probably have all that dialed in after three years... 

Edited by EricMilfeld

7 minutes ago, EricMilfeld said:

Wow, you must recover quickly. No way could I go three times a week. But I do tend to keep the intensity rather high. Have you experimented much with the width of your grip? You probably have all that dialed in after three years... 

Bench isn't taxing even at 80-90% alot of people in Sweden bench at 70% >10 sets 4-5 days a week. High frequency is working very good for me in almost every movement. I've experimented abit with it, been using max width and moving in up to 2-3 fingers in, I hardly notice any difference. I know its popular with narrow benchpress in USA so I think it's more of your own preference (could be wrong ofc) 

• Like 1

Squat

75x5

75x8

125x5

165x5

187.5x8 (experimented with narrower stance - no bueno)

Pauses

175x9 PR!!

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Lennix said:

Bench isn't taxing even at 80-90% alot of people in Sweden bench at 70% >10 sets 4-5 days a week. High frequency is working very good for me in almost every movement. I've experimented abit with it, been using max width and moving in up to 2-3 fingers in, I hardly notice any difference. I know its popular with narrow benchpress in USA so I think it's more of your own preference (could be wrong ofc) 

I knew volume was King in Sweden, but didn’t realize it was to that extent! 

Ive always benched maximum width. I’m surprised it still works for me, being that I’m missing a good chunk of my left pec from an old injury. 

Edited by EricMilfeld
  • Like 1

Bench

50x12

70x10

90x7

115x15 PR!

• Like 5

On 8/18/2019 at 6:32 PM, EricMilfeld said:

Bench

50x12

70x10

90x7

115x15 PR!

👍👍👍👍

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY ???

• Like 1

On 8/18/2019 at 7:32 PM, EricMilfeld said:

Bench

50x12

70x10

90x7

115x15 PR!

Great PR!

• Thanks 1

Deadlift

95x10

125x7

175x5

205x2

227.5x10 PR!

Total ego lifting today. 😆 But I can do a deload next week. This was 7.5 kilos more than I was scheduled to pull, but pulling over 500 pounds for 10 sounded cooler than 485.

Supinated Rows

75x5

100x8

Pronated Rows

100x8

Shrugs

175x7

227.5x15

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Great PR!

Thank you, Sir! 

Any bench PR I can get tickles me pink. 

Another PR, well done!

Smart training training too, do you start with a lower weight after the de-load and work back up to another PR in the next cycle or pick up where you left off before the de-load?

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Raymond said:

Another PR, well done!

Smart training training too, do you start with a lower weight after the de-load and work back up to another PR in the next cycle or pick up where you left off before the de-load?

Thank you!

Im currently doing three back-to-back mini-cycles of three weeks each. First cycle is 8-10 reps, second is 5-7 reps, and finally 3-5 reps. I take big jumps from week to week. For example, last week I pulled 463x10 and then this week 502x10. The first week I did 429x10.  

• Like 2

227.5x10 is nuts, well done! How was form on the last reps? 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, EricMilfeld said:

Deadlift

95x10

125x7

175x5

205x2

227.5x10 PR!

Total ego lifting today. 😆 But I can do a deload next week. This was 7.5 kilos more than I was scheduled to pull, but pulling over 500 pounds for 10 sounded cooler than 485.

Supinated Rows

75x5

100x8

Pronated Rows

100x8

Shrugs

175x7

227.5x15

Holy chit bro!  That's awesome! 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lennix said:

227.5x10 is nuts, well done! How was form on the last reps? 

Form was very good, but looong pauses in the bottom position between reps. 😆

And thank you!

• Like 1

Dumbbell Wrist Curls

58 Pounder

Right

x2x5

Left

x2x5

85 Pounder

Right

x12

Left 

x12

Neck Curls

15 kilos x20

30 kilos x30

• Like 1

Bench

70x5

70x7

90x5

120x5

145x4 PR, but I really wanted 5.

Pauses

137.5x 4 PR! Real happy with that one.

Hammer Curls

58 Pounder

R x5

L x5

85 Pounder

R x10

L x10

So I became curious and decided to finally send off a blood sample and get me DNA tested.  Turns out I’m only 19% Bench Daddy. I then decided to do a little math and was delighted to discover that if I was pure blood Bench Daddy (thicker bone structure, more distal tendon insertions, and Hobbit arms) my 320x4 bench  converts to a 455x4 bench! Very exciting news! Now I can legitimately inform people I’m a 500 bencher.

Edited by EricMilfeld
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Squat

75x5

75x8

125x5

175x3

205x6 (cut this set short because I didn’t want to work that hard for 2 more reps)

Pauses

200x5 PR! Video below  

• Like 2

I got tingles down my leg watching that.  I'm pretty sure it was just my sciatica, but nevertheless, incredible set!

• Haha 1