Powerlifting Log

EricMilfeld

3 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Knock it off and have a beer.

I’ll try. But I did do a set of four beers last night. 

21 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

50/20 for gains!  ⏱️🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺 🍺🍺🍺🍺

I’m writing down this routine. Looks good!😀

• Haha 2

While in Colorado I did 10 pushups with my wife on my back and 10 pullups from a ledge with all my snow gear on. Then when I got home last night I pressed my new 85 globe dumbbell for 3 reps righty. It’s actual weight is 83.

Bench

115x14 PR!

This was my best ever projected max set (365 pounds).

Edited by EricMilfeld
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Big benchin buddy!

Thanks!  Surprisingly, I felt really good warming up after missing two bench workouts, so I decided to go big.  Guess the vacation did me some good.  And that beer workout you put me on, of course.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, EricMilfeld said:

Thanks!  Surprisingly, I felt really good warming up after missing two bench workouts, so I decided to go big.  Guess the vacation did me some good.  And that beer workout you put me on, of course.

Never fails!

• Haha 1

https://www.facebook.com/100000146396300/posts/2504819709532884/

Deadlift

265x4 PR!!!!!

Shrugs

210x2x20

Chims

134.3x5 PR!

- rested one minute then 5x body weight

Feeling super duper awesome about that 584 quadruple. 

Edited by EricMilfeld
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, EricMilfeld said:

https://www.facebook.com/100000146396300/posts/2504819709532884/

Deadlift

265x4 PR!!!!!

Shrugs

210x2x20

Chims

134.3 PR!

- rested one minute then 5x body weight

Feeling super duper awesome about that 584 quadruple. 

As you should!

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

As you should!

Yes, sir.  It's that feeling that we would train our guts out for a year to experience.

9 minutes ago, EricMilfeld said:

Yes, sir.  It's that feeling that we would train our guts out for a year to experience.

I'd train a lifetime for that set.

• Like 1

Bench

140x5 (starting to close the gap between my high and low rep projected max single)

3 Second Pause @ Sticking Point

115x7

83# Dumbbell Press

Right x7 PR!

Left x4

83# Hammer Curls

Right x10

Left x10

125# Sahlaney Dumbbell Time Hold

Left 20 seconds

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, EricMilfeld said:

Bench

140x5 (starting to close the gap between my high and low rep projected max single)

3 Second Pause @ Sticking Point

115x7

83# Dumbbell Press

Right x7 PR!

Left x4

83# Hammer Curls

Right x10

Left x10

125# Sahlaney Dumbbell Time Hold

Left 20 seconds

6E7D601E-4AE5-4745-8679-6CE5B0D40A4D.MOV

Strong stuff Eric!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Strong stuff Eric!

Thanks, Mike! 

Getting my bench to budge is like pushing an elephant, so I’ll take any little step it decides to make. 

• Like 1

Squat

Having missed a squat workout and then going so heavy on deadlifts Tuesday, I felt the need to back off my regular progression today. Also, I’m trying thumbless today to alleviate shoulder, wrist, and elbow pain. 

195x3x3

3 Second Pauses in Hole

195x3

• Like 1

Team Texas Training 

Did a 213 10” log. 

Got the Inch to knee level twice. Seems tilting doesn’t help me. This was the first time it’s ever even left the ground. Very happy. It should fall any workout now. 

Edited by EricMilfeld
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, EricMilfeld said:

Team Texas Training 

Did a 213 10” log. 

Got the Inch to knee level twice. Seems tilting doesn’t help me. This was the first time it’s ever even left the ground. Very happy. It should fall any workout now. 

Awesome job on the Inch!  That's a big deal!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Awesome job on the Inch!  That's a big deal!

Thanks, buddy!

Tanner and I had recently discussed warming up for thick bar by not doing thick bar.  So yesterday I did log press and took a casual test pull of a 160 Rolling Thunder, which felt easier than it ever had, and then knew I had a decent shot with the Inch.  It's one of those feats I had long ago written off as being out of my reach.  So when I do it it will be my proudest grip accomplishment because it's the one I'm least suited for physically and took the longest to achieve.  Huge thanks to Tommy, who always has way more faith in my abilities than me!  And thank you to all of the supportive and enthusiastic guys of Team Texas!

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Tommy J. said:

I would also like to point out tho that Eric has only been focusing on this for 2 months. In that time frame, he went from no go with the inch, and now to above the knee pulls. Something to be said for honing in on a goal! And also represents how fortitude can be a mans best friend in times of uncertainty.

i had a small disagreement with my dad some years back. The topic was in regards to one of my cousins doing everything he could to join dads MC. Much like any Jennings, my cousin had made his mind up, and wouldnt accept failure. He was all over my dad about membership. Wouldnt get off him about it. Dad, then frustrated at the fact that his nephew wanted to follow his foot steps instead of his son, was irritated by my cousins tenacity. Even going so far as to call my cousin a wanna be Bandido.

as usual, i always try to see the positive in people. Especially with regards to family and friends. My response to dads wanna be comment was “well dad.. you gotta want to be a Bandido before you are one. That kind of deal wont happen by accident.”

moral of that story is a good one to live by when in pursuit of something heavy. Your biggest hurdle with any heavy undertaking will be believing in it. The rest is repetition.

Well said, and I agree completely!

2” Deficit Deadlift 

165x12

2” Deficit Snatch Grip

165x8

Shrugs

220x2x15

Chins

109.4x14 PR!

125 Sahlaney Dumbbell Rows

Left x6

Sahlaney Dumbbell Holds

Left 22 seconds PR!

Right 11 seconds

Right elbow still painful. Reverse curls cause the most pain, towards the outside of the elbow  

• Like 1

Outstanding work Eric!  Your consistency and persistence continues to pay off.  Years and years of hard work.  A lesson that we all can learn from.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 3Crusher said:

Outstanding work Eric!  Your consistency and persistence continues to pay off.  Years and years of hard work.  A lesson that we all can learn from.

Much appreciation for that, Steve!

And count me among those learning from that lesson. I’ve been discouraged more than a few times along the way, but looking back I see that consistency played a big part in getting me back on the rails. And not just consistency for its own sake, but coupled with enthusiasm and optimism. One thing that helps me in that department is any measurable improvement by any metric. So if I can get a PR by one pound on an obscure assistance movement I take it as a big victory. Often times I determine my workout by looking over my list of PRs for the one I could most likely eclipse by the smallest of margins. This is all the motivation I need. Self improvement for its own sake... and enjoying the the journey along the way... bumps, derailments, and conquests alike. The person I like to beat the most is me. That’s what keeps us going over the decades. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, EricMilfeld said:

Much appreciation for that, Steve!

And count me among those learning from that lesson. I’ve been discouraged more than a few times along the way, but looking back I see that consistency played a big part in getting me back on the rails. And not just consistency for its own sake, but coupled with enthusiasm and optimism. One thing that helps me in that department is any measurable improvement by any metric. So if I can get a PR by one pound on an obscure assistance movement I take it as a big victory. Often times I determine my workout by looking over my list of PRs for the one I could most likely eclipse by the smallest of margins. This is all the motivation I need. Self improvement for its own sake... and enjoying the the journey along the way... bumps, derailments, and conquests alike. The person I like to beat the most is me. That’s what keeps us going over the decades. 

Incredibly well said. Big congrats, I have a few feats on my list as well that somedays I wonder why I train for them. This is encouraging to me.

• Like 1

i love reading Eric's log - a not so "spring chicken" still setting - and reaching - big goals.  Keep believing !!!!!  And doing!1!!! 

• Like 2