Training Tools For Christmas?

Chuck Hench

I would like to hear your feed back on it after you have used it some. I have been using an el-cheap-o $60 bar from Dicks Sporting Goods and I had it leaned up against the wall, it slid down hit the cement, now only one side spins, kind of. $275 seems like a good price.

I have only bench pressed with it so far. Tonight I'm doing squats with it. You can feel the quality difference. I had a cheapo bar before this as well (bought it used from a friend). This is my first time having a high quality bar. It one of the cheapest high quality bars you can buy. It has a lifetime warranty and rogue ships it for 15 bucks. Rogue shipping is freaking awesome.
Wow they have an axle for 150$! Might have to get one of those. Probably less than a 2 hour drive as well.

If you plan to pick up something at Rogue - it's wise to call ahead. I've been there twice and neither time did they have much actually in stock there. I think much of their stuff must be drop shipped from the manufacturer.

• Like 1

I got the "Ugly Rubber" from Dennis Rogers - cheaper than using real decks of cards.

• Like 2

I would like to hear your feed back on it after you have used it some. I have been using an el-cheap-o $60 bar from Dicks Sporting Goods and I had it leaned up against the wall, it slid down hit the cement, now only one side spins, kind of. $275 seems like a good price.

I have only bench pressed with it so far. Tonight I'm doing squats with it. You can feel the quality difference. I had a cheapo bar before this as well (bought it used from a friend). This is my first time having a high quality bar. It one of the cheapest high quality bars you can buy. It has a lifetime warranty and rogue ships it for 15 bucks. Rogue shipping is freaking awesome.
Wow they have an axle for 150$! Might have to get one of those. Probably less than a 2 hour drive as well.

I have that Axle, it's pretty nice.

• Like 1

The Rogue axle is great for the price...gets the job done for all my strongman needs. I'm not sure how much it matters but it is made of sch 80 pipe so it's slightly thinner than an Ironmind axle...I'm assuming this is a deal breaker for most the the hardcore grip-only guys.

The Rogue axle is great for the price...gets the job done for all my strongman needs. I'm not sure how much it matters but it is made of sch 80 pipe so it's slightly thinner than an Ironmind axle...I'm assuming this is a deal breaker for most the the hardcore grip-only guys.

For training I don't think it matters much if you are aware of it - I find around a 10# difference between the 1.9" pipe bars and an IronMind Axle at 2.0". The only time it makes a difference is that the IM (or actual 2") ones are legal for competition.

The rogue axle is great and plenty strong enough. The website says it has been tested to 650 lbs so its definitely strong enough. i sold mine because I run grip competitions and the ironmind axle is the standard for grip comps.

I got the "Ugly Rubber" from Dennis Rogers - cheaper than using real decks of cards.

Let us know how that works.

Not here yet - my son ordered it for me - should be here soon. I can tear a deck but it's not that pretty - I need to practice more is all - hoping this will help along with the booklet that's supposed to be with it.

I'm gonna try to close the 2.5 out of the package on video at my next training session.

Got the video up of the close out of the package. MMS and close only lasted 2 seconds before it let off a little but I felt it hit and it can be seen at 2:25-2:27. Still sore from 3 consecutive days of various forms of grip training but I couldn't stare at that unopened gripper anymore and had to try it out. Pretty happy with the result considering the soreness and newbiness.

Close COC# 2.5 with MMS out of package: http://youtu.be/xbZtNM7Xqgg

• Like 1

Xbox1 and a bunch of zombie games!

• Like 1

Xbox1 and a bunch of zombie games!

^^^ Also active rest. For the thumbs. Lol
hell ya got to relax sometime
  • Like 1

Got a Little Big Horn and a couple of FBBC grippers off of EBay. Now I'm going to send some grippers off to Jedd for calibration for a late gift.

Tommy,

Wife and kiddos got me another shotgun.

Not exactly a primary grip training implement, but serves great for active rest when you shoot from the hip. Lol!

I don't recommend anyone try this because I'm a professional but....I once held my pump 12ga loaded with 3" mag and shot it pistol style with one hand. Not many people could do this without the shotgun falling out of your hand to the ground.

If you ever try make sure you're in a open field away from everyone.

Or just don't try it. But it is grip!!

Lol! Wow dude, 3" buck shot hurts when its shouldered, let alone running it un supported and in 1 hand. Being that i can just barely make it through a 15rd box (while shouldered), im afraid ill have to pass on attempting it 1 handed... Lol

2-3/4" 00 high brass Buck shot, or any high brass slug at 2-3/4" (which are still very powerful) i can shoot all day. But moving up to Magnum loads is quite punishing.

It was 3" mag #2 for mallards and geese. Not buck. So not as punishing but still a fair bit more than 2 3/4 loads lol.

Speaking of Rem 700's. I just got a new rem 700 CDL in 30-06. Great Xmas present. Yet to shoot it though.

#2 shot at 3" is pretty heavy tho! Thats still impressive.

Remington 700 in about every platform reigns king in both affordability AND out of the box accuracy. No doubt. The 700 has a proven track record for many decades as well. Not to mention that it will last a lifetime. As soon as you do some plinkin' with it and get an optic dialed in on it, youll fall in love with it.

Yeah I can't wait to shoot it. I topped it with a Nikon prostaff 3-9x40. Should be a decent rig for deer or anything else like elk bear or moose. Mainly deer in the Midwest woods so 9x will be plenty. The Nikon has decent glass for the price too.

• 7 months later...

Chris

How do u like the ugly rubber? Thinking of ordering it is it worth it?