Inch Dumbbell

ChimpGrip

Anyone know where I can get one? Would putting a 2" thick fat grip on a 175 lb dumbbell be counted as lifting an inch dbell or no?

Anyone know where I can get one? Would putting a 2" thick fat grip on a 175 lb dumbbell be counted as lifting an inch dbell or no?

I would assume no it wouldn't be the same cause you wouldn't have the globes rotating, and you would have a rubber handle.

They do not seem easy to find.

The only thing that counts lifting an inch, is lifting an inch. Handles on Dumbbells is comical.

Put a want to buy thread up and see where it goes. But be ready to pay some serious coin.

Did you ever end up buying a set of 200lb Dumbbells you were hell bent on buying?

Edited by EJ Livesey

The only thing that counts lifting an inch, is lifting an inch. Handles on Dumbbells is comical.

Put a want to buy thread up and see where it goes. But be ready to pay some serious coin.

Did you ever end up buying a set of 200lb Dumbbells you were hell bent on buying?

Couldn't find those either. I KNOW IronGrip makes 200 lb dumbbells, but they're no where to be found.

Couldn't find those either. I KNOW IronGrip makes 200 lb dumbbells, but they're no where to be found.

Pardon my ignorance but exactly does one do with 200lb dumbbells other then just try to lift it to lock out?

Pardon my ignorance but exactly does one do with 200lb dumbbells other then just try to lift it to lock out?

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?showtopic=42484#entry604449

I actually think putting Fatgripz Extreme on a loadable dumbbell with the same weight as the inch would be comparable in terms of difficulty of the feat.

It wouldn't give the same feeling but it would be very hard to lift because the diameter is much bigger than that of the inch.

Anybody have any experience with that?

I actually think putting Fatgripz Extreme on a loadable dumbbell with the same weight as the inch would be comparable in terms of difficulty of the feat.

It wouldn't give the same feeling but it would be very hard to lift because the diameter is much bigger than that of the inch.

Royz - this has been discussed many times and I don't know the physics behind it all but a loadable DB is NOT like an Inch Replica. The amount of rotation simply isn't close. People have tried lots of things but an Inch is the challenge - and while we can train with loadable or even fixed cylinder type DBs - only an Inch is an Inch when the day comes. The increase in handle size - while harder - isn't the same thing.

Edited by climber511

Royz - this has been discussed many times and I don't know the physics behind it all but a loadable DB is NOT like an Inch Replica. The amount of rotation simply isn't close. People have tried lots of things but an Inch is the challenge - and while we can train with loadable or even fixed cylinder type DBs - only an Inch is an Inch when the day comes. The increase in handle size - while harder - isn't the same thing.

Thanks Chris. Well that's that then. An inch is an inch. Too bad those things are so darn expensive.

Thanks Chris. Well that's that then. An inch is an inch. Too bad those things are so darn expensive.

They are worth it, in my opinion.

Mobster has said that you'd need to be able to lift a plate loadable DB, with a handle diameter as thick as the Inch and weighing as much as 190-210 lbs. before you will be able to lift the Inch

• Like 1

One of the better proxies for an Inch DB lift is being able to 1HDL 210+ on a 2" axle. Most anyone that has done that has lifted the Inch, if they'd had the opportunity. It is better for comparison purposes because you cannot brace the plates agains your forearm and tilt it like a loadable DB. Also much better than the Rolling Thunder for seeing how close you are, because axles will vary, but much less than RTs.

• Like 3

Chimpgrip what is the heaviest dumbbell you are currently working with since you want some 200's?

Chimpgrip what is the heaviest dumbbell you are currently working with since you want some 200's?

155s are as high as I've gone (to do rows) and it was fairly easy. Full range of motion, no strain, no lifting straps. I have loaded weights in my gym (what I've turned my garage into) and that's the heaviest I can make a dumbbell (do not have a bar long enough to make it 200)

155s are as high as I've gone (to do rows) and it was fairly easy. Full range of motion, no strain, no lifting straps. I have loaded weights in my gym (what I've turned my garage into) and that's the heaviest I can make a dumbbell (do not have a bar long enough to make it 200)

Why don't you just make the bar? Any good steel supply shop will cut anything you want, you could go and get a section of 1.9OD Schedule 80 pipe, drill some holes through 4" from center and put some grade8 bolts through them to act as collars so the weights don't slide towards your had and you could easily load up with 10 25lb plates.

Hell I could bang that out in my shop for you if you cover the mailing of it (which would be cheap) if your willing to post videos of yourself working with it.

• Like 1

Why don't you just make the bar? Any good steel supply shop will cut anything you want, you could go and get a section of 1.9OD Schedule 80 pipe, drill some holes through 4" from center and put some grade8 bolts through them to act as collars so the weights don't slide towards your had and you could easily load up with 10 25lb plates.

Hell I could bang that out in my shop for you if you cover the mailing of it (which would be cheap) if your willing to post videos of yourself working with it.

Didnt think about that. I originally wanted something that could hold 10 25s on each side. What would this run price wise?

Careful brother, you just might get a few orders for dumbell handles lol

Hahaha only if they want to wait forever cause I have a crap ton of projects going on.

Didnt think about that. I originally wanted something that could hold 10 25s on each side. What would this run price wise?

Are you joking around you want to be able to have a 500lb dumbbell? The cost is you posting videos, plus shipping. I would also need you to measure the thickness of the plates you plan on using, also weather or not they are Olympic or standard.