Left Handed Grippers

steve0

I ordered a #2 and #3 left handed gripper yesterday, very excited to get these. I was wondering of there were any plans on making the .5 sizes as a 2.5 would be great. Also wondering if certs will be official with one of the left handed #3's?

• Like 1

I asked Randall about certifying with the Left-Turn and it doesn't sound like they'll be offering that cert. It's a training tool.

Did you ask him why the company changed their opinion on springs being left or right?

Your right. I did. I just can not get over it all.

Years ago, when I first bought my first CoC grippers I had ordered the first edition of the CoC book. Years later when I was moving I was thinning down my library, and that book landed in the trash.

Fast forward to the last two years and me getting into grip training. So I order the second edition of that CoC book.

To be politically correct, It was an "interesting" update. I wish I could compair the two editions for historical purposes.

I am not about to re-read that book but as it has been pointed out by others, Iron Mind has stood by the statement that the "turn" of the gripper does not effect how hard they are to close in either hand.

I might still order one of these "left turn" grippers from Cannon Powerworks, but I will do what you said. I will write Iron-Mind a good old fashioned letter.

I have just ordered a Leftie 1 & 2 (as well as a GHP5) I'm not expecting much difference in feel but they look great!

• Like 1

Hey Rich, depending on your mindset and how you look at things "change" is often good and in this case

it is very good in my estimation! Instead of arguing with Strossen why not embrace the change and benefit from it?

I bought all 4 LT grippers and they are absolutely great! Numerous benefits and advantages and they look very classy

in appearance!

Just my input and suggestions here and that's all! :)

• Like 1

You rate'm yet Joe?

Yes I did Matt. The #3 rated @ 151 lbs., #2 @ 107 lbs., #1 @ 75 lbs., and the Trainer @ 54 lbs.

I rated these and 18 other hand grippers this weekend with my NEW scale/dyno and after getting familiar with the controls and

details on the remote control I rated some grippers me, you and Eric all 3 had rated and came within a pound of each other. Then I

went ahead and rated these grippers. Love the ability to press and hold the final reading with a remote control. Helps immensely! You don't have to take your eyes off the gripper handles after they touch.

Let me know some of your results as well when you get some rated please sir!

I think IronMind did a great job here myself! Great grippers for a specific function in one's training of hand grippers left handed!

Lastly, they look really sharp too! Love the black, anodized aluminum handles! The single stamp #'s on each handle end is

reminiscent of the 2002-2005 COC grippers of which I like as well! :)

Okay, I caved and ordered and been using the lefty's for a bit. I went with #2 since I can currently close it. I am not using it as a training tool or a tester but more of a novelty and something to do reps when I am at the desk.

Review:

It's okay. Being a lefty myself, I don't feel any "benefit" to using it (either hand). It does though have a different feel to it. Being someone that has used the norm for so long, I wouldn't say this is a necessary item to have in your arsenal UNLESS you are a gripper fanatic. But considering where I am posting this review, well that goes for just about everyone here.

Sorry Cannon didn't buy it from you. Was a spur of the moment thing. But you have my money for the 3 other grippers : :santa:

Ironmind does not recognize them for their certification however they should be accepted for MMO?

No on the MM0 as well. We're not looking to make any changes.

• Like 1

Just got them in from the mailbox. They feel great in the left hand. Can't wait to grind the anodizing off the handles!

• Like 1

I've been playing with these today and rating a bunch. More on the ratings later. Here are a couple observations:

1) They look sharp.

2) Knurl is fairly smooth, similar to the CoCs.

3) I think they are going to be really nice Right-hand tools. They seem to be a little harder in the rating and then you can feel the "odd" torsion in the right which gives the difficulty another little bump. It's like a micro-tweener.

4) The black scuffs off fairly easily. If you are going to keep these piled with your other grippers where they can bang together in your gym back, they are going to take on a salt-and-pepper look where there will only be black left in the nooks and crannies. It's really hard to rate them without making some scuffs.

5) They REALLY show how much skin you leave on a gripper. :sick: It's kind of crazy.

6) The biggest improvement in the left hand is that I felt the gripper "seated" better when setting.

They have a great feel, and with the added difficulty even in the right hand I think they will continue to be popular. They are selling well so far!

• Like 2

If the black comes off that easy I wonder what they did to make them black cause anodizing should be more durable then that.

• Like 1

If the black comes off that easy I wonder what they did to make them black cause anodizing should be more durable then that.

I think it's because of the knurling. It's not hard to actually scratch off the knurling because of how it comes to a point. No different than any other gripper, but on other grippers the color is the same under the tips of the knurl so the only difference is the feeling that it's not quite as sharp.

Hopefully they will do the .5 sizes soon. Still hanging in the middle as a working gripper

When the black comes off, and the these grippers get dirty with use... could they become "black" looking again?

just a joke.

but Anodizing is a chemical process. It only effects the surface of the metal so when the metal is scraped or scratched, the part that was colored gets removed and the original metal's color is left. Anodizing is supposed to help prevent surface corrosion but it does not make the metal stronger.

i never thought about this until now. What will the Left-Turn grippers look like all covered in chalk anyway?

i soon might find out, as i have ordered two from Cannon.

but Anodizing is a chemical process. It only effects the surface of the metal so when the metal is scraped or scratched, the part that was colored gets removed and the original metal's color is left. Anodizing is supposed to help prevent surface corrosion but it does not make the metal stronger.

That's only kind of true, this isn't really the place for me to dork out on the subject.

I have some black handled RB's that have had the 'top' of the knurl scuffed and show the aluminium underneath, they also have quite a bit of chalk on them, they still look neat though!

I'll try to get some pics in my gallery, and again after cleaning.

Might be a good idea to protect black handle a little rather than but them all (black / chrome and standard) in a bag together as I tend to do :)

• 3 weeks later...

Here are some findings after training on the Left Turn Grippers:

• Like 1

Interesting video jedd, would be cool to see how a left handed #4 would feel lefty but seems these only go upto a #3?