#4 Nowdays?

Captain Sam

I do not doubt of paul's strength.i dont know if he can ccs a 4 out of the package but i am sure he can give it a GOOD squeeze.

• Like 4

They have absolutely no reason, i have clear video of hard 3.5 ccs close easy on channel along with 220kg overhand axle deadlift, six 5kg plate pinch etc / have competed in national and world level comps. Have no clue how anybody could think i was lying or why they would want to think that. I think it's pretty terrible, people should just support each other. I have never done anything but encourage anybody else in there training goals.

Just funny. Save us from this. I'll pay all your other certs and Tommy will pay your MM stuff.

I'm not interested in any other certs Juha, have said this a bunch of times. It's not about money.

Actually i do have very good reason to doubt you. Atleast in regards to you being in the ballpark of a 4 cert. you have refused to answer my questions about the exact gripper(s) youve closed in comp multiple times. And at this point, my guess is that the grippers you closed werent anything even remotely close to #4 level since you keep dodging the question. And if you did indeed match Mobster in a comp on a gripper close, im assuming it was with a CCs (since you stated earlier in the thread that CCs is what was contested). And no offense to Mobster, but he missed a 3.5 cert a couple years back. Which means whatever gripper that both of you ccs in that comp was either right at, or just below a 3.5 level.

My other reasons for doubt are your ducking my more than generous offers for you to prove me wrong. That throws up the biggest flag for me. I mean what gives?.. You act like climbing the MM ladder (on someone elses dime) is somehow going to throw your training off or something? I mean its obvious that being recognized as one of the strongest guys on grippers, ever, is on your to-do list. Otherwise you wouldnt be interested in a 4 cert. So why NOT climb the MM ladder all the way to the top? Especially when given the opportunity on a silver platter? The only cost youd have to cover is mailing the grippers back to Matt.

And your mistaken if you think i WANT to bring you down.. I know your story. Youve come a long ways, no doubt. From not being able to close a #1 to CCs'ing 3.5s. I would love nothing more than to have to eat my words and see you prove me wrong about not being on the same level as everyone i mentioned above. So much so that im even willing to pay to see it.

I remember telling you in a thread about a year and a half ago that you should cert any and everything you can, while you can. Because life happens. You may never actually get to cert the 4 due to some off the wall reason that life throws at you. And in the event thats how it plays out, you will undoubtedly be a never-was in grip.

Tommy i disagree here.Some people just dont care about competing and certs unless they are going to hit a wr.Just think about eric spoto he didnt compete until he was touching the wr basically.

I'm not interested in any other certs Juha, have said this a bunch of times. It's not about money.

Paul ill say this you should take your coc4,measure it with a caliper and close it without the gripper leaving the frame like i did,this will close the mouth to all those that are dissing you.

• Like 2

I will do better #4 videos next year cancrusher.

I never avoided the question mudhutmasher, you just simply were not bothered enough to search the results. The first comp i did was only local so all i needed was #3 ccs to win. Next i did lvl 19 each hand for 38 total next comp which had won by 4 levels so needed no more. Next comp i did lvl 20 missing lvl 21 by a slight bit. In this comp i found out on the day that setting against my leg was now not allowed which was a problem as i had not trained without doing so for years and was much worse result than training, had done 23 regular and 24 once i think. These were 20mm block closes. Steve never trained with credit card, that is only reason he failed the cert, he has closed several #4's with pretty wide sets.

• Like 1

You have very selective reading going on here, no idea why you are trying to troll me. I have done lvl 24 vulcan 20mm block set, i had not done setting without bracing against my leg for years, made a big difference, i was repping lvl 20 warm up in training. Also a lvl 20 is not just a lvl 20, i have tried several different vulcans, all different in strength, each spring is not the same. I have done 24 closes over 5 different #4's in same session, one around 4.3 you have no clue what you are talking about. As said i don't care about mm certs, just not my thing and yes it would mess up my training for the #4 as to do what i know i can i would have to peak mm set and do a lot of training for it, i wouldnt be happy just to do #8 or whatever. Training for #4 cert is very different.

By the way have closed mm7 replica left and right hand and was easy right. This mm5 talk is rediculous.

By the way have closed mm7 replica left and right hand and was easy right. This mm5 talk is rediculous.

How much money we must collect to you that you will try to do official IM#3 cert?

Keep your money, give it to charity if you want to give it away. Are you serious with the 'try'? You said #3

• Like 1

How much money we must collect to you that you will try to do official IM#3 cert?

I understand him not wanting to do the #3 cert. That is going to be like CCS closing a #1 for him. The #3.5 cert would at least be (in theory) a little bit of a challenge, I think.

Keep your money, give it to charity if you want to give it away. Are you serious with the 'try'? You said #3

This is getting a bit silly. Mobster has more than vouched for your gripper (and other grip stuff) strength level over the years. With both hands. The #3 "try" reference has got to be a joke. Or maybe a poke to try to get you to agree to cert on the #3 to silence doubters. Paul, do you think the #3.5 cert would even give you a challenge CCS right now?

It isnt ben, the #3.5 i do in the ccs video is the hardest or second hardest i have tried, would def cal 190 something and wide spread, tough sweep etc that close was 5th single on a weaker day. If you are legit close to a #4 e.g consistently within 1/8th of an inch then even the hardest 3.5 is not going to be an issue even on bad day.

It would give me challenge left hand but right right, i can ccs hard #3.5 and mms medium #4 year round at this point no matter what training am doing.

I meant not right.

• Like 1

It isnt ben, the #3.5 i do in the ccs video is the hardest or second hardest i have tried, would def cal 190 something and wide spread, tough sweep etc that close was 5th single on a weaker day. If you are legit close to a #4 e.g consistently within 1/8th of an inch then even the hardest 3.5 is not going to be an issue even on bad day.

Right on Paul. I'm pretty familiar with some of your CCS work. Just wanted to ask because maybe I hadn't kept up with the times and you had been injured or something. Or lost a few fingers...

At my best, I was nowhere near closing a #4 and I even CCS a few of them. And TNS an easy one. So I figured it wouldn't be much of a challenge for you.

• Like 1

The more I read your stories about your "hero levels and super closes" the more confident I am that IM #3 official cert would be good start for you.

• Like 1

lol juha, you getting in on the trolling because?

Ben - Yes i did get injured doing heavy braced grippers, several months of pain in arm, also crushed my hand with boom truck but did 227kg axle pb recently and am ready to push for #4 cert and inch dumbbell clean and press next year.

• Like 1

Nowhere good

This is how grip should not be, you should not question proven athletes and have them have to post everything up showing spring size abd perfect videos / call them a fraud. Juha does all his pinch feats with easy plates he's gone out of his way to buy, did i once say anything about this? No i said congradulations juha, great pinch etc show nothing but respect for him, yet he shows nothing but disrespect to me. Classless act, grip should be about supporting each other and having fun doing the sport you love.

Yes they are all thin perfect fit plates that 99% of people don't have and really isnt the same thing doing three 15kg or four 10kg with them as almost any other plate. Have done 6 10lb plates thin decent fit for several reps then hold one hand pinch yet only half way up six regular 5kg, three 15kg took long time as plates very wide, this iswhy the feat is hard, four 10kg never managed again because very wide tough pinch. If you are going to make it narrower it's a different and easier feat, like getting a smaller blob and putting weight on to make it 50lb. Do i say anything about this? Not one word i just encourage you and say well done and good luck with training but you jump at the chance to insult me with no truth behibd what you say.

Yes they are all thin perfect fit plates that 99% of people don't have and really isnt the same thing doing three 15kg or four 10kg with them as almost any other plate. Have done 6 10lb plates thin decent fit for several reps then hold one hand pinch yet only half way up six regular 5kg, three 15kg took long time as plates very wide, this iswhy the feat is hard, four 10kg never managed again because very wide tough pinch. If you are going to make it narrower it's a different and easier feat, like getting a smaller blob and putting weight on to make it 50lb. Do i say anything about this? Not one word i just encourage you and say well done and good luck with training but you jump at the chance to insult me with no truth behibd what you say.

I don´t really understand what you mean. It doesn´t matter. My plates are Eleiko or Leoko calibrated plates. You´re welcome to try pull those.

I have nothing against you. I only wonder that you have big mouth and lot of stories but if you wanna really be something then you must do real certs.

Hope you understand what I mean.

• Like 1

I know what your plates are. How is it big mouth and stories? I talk about my goals and training just the same as anybody else and have not once lied about anything. I can't help that the goals are more difficult than most. I don't go around saying i'm great or anything because of what gripper i can close or what i lift, i dont think it makes me better or worse than anybody else. All i have stated is what i have done and what i am trying to accomplish.

• Like 5