#4 Nowdays?

Captain Sam

Is there anybody who has certified on the #4 yet? Is there anybody closing the 4 nowdays? As i said in another post: i was quite in to grip 6-7 years ago and i am slowly but shurley making a comback. So i was wondering if the top standard, in gripper in perticular and grip in general, is the same or is it higher nowdays?

There are few fellas that can close it,Cancrusher (sorry i forgot your name) Chez, Juha and Vano. They are most certainly up there with the tip top of grip legends.

I have my money on Vano to be the first to certify with a credit card set. I don't think anyone has cert'd with a 4 since that rule change.

• Like 1

Paul Savage. He also CCS-ed a #4 in training year or two ago. Also a contender. He was denied certing because he wasn't consistently closing the #4. Keep an eye on him also.

• Like 2

As per my thread I've two challenges I'm focusing on. Ones big bucks and one isn't. If the bucks one doesn't happen it'll be full bore on the gripper one. Then it's either a 3.5 or a 4 close. Heck, I might even get Paul to metaphorically kick my butt as per when I was last there or thereabouts lol.

When was the rule change? I assume sometime after 2004 since the only official certs were 2003/2004. I would say Vano is next to do it.

Just picture me in your head easily closing the gripper you are using before each attempt steve :) that will get you going!

I can't see anything ccs from vano, whats his best ccs?

I don't know about others but i will trying very hard to get this done next year and after thor se ccs close last year and very close on new #4 i think i have a good chance. We will see.

• Like 4

When was the rule change? I assume sometime after 2004 since the only official certs were 2003/2004. I would say Vano is next to do it.

Well, Magnus was the last to certify on the #4 and that took place February 28, 2004.

The credit card rule was announced on March 12, 2004. At this time you could still certify on your own gripper.

Then on June 27, 2006, Tex Henderson was the first to certify on the #3 with a credit card AND a new gripper out of the package. While I cannot locate the press release for that change, there was another 2006 cert prior Tex which took place on January 30, 2006. So the last rule update for a new gripper would have to be between January and June of 2006.

• Like 1

The question is not, who is next, but who is first (with CC rule)!

Vano is amazing. Gonna get MM7. Maybe MM8. However I don't think he or anyone else will be added to that list now or in the foreseeable future. Maybe if some 400# WSM decides to actually focus on it.

• Like 1

Well that's a straight up lie. The fact is none of these people, including vogt, have ccs'd an average #4 to as close as i have, infact, they have been a good way off. Going off this thinking, i could tns a #4 out of package on video but without a ironmind rep there and you would class yourself as stronger than me on grippers because you certed the #3. Not everybody has the same goals, i don't care about other certs.

Also as far as best on grippers comment goes i think nathan holle strongest

lol you think i'm being direspectful to 'proven athletes' i have came 2nd in british championships, won uk leg of wsh/4th in world so if you don't think i am a proven athlete then you are being bloody well disrespectful to those who finished below me in those comps. The only thing you have proven is you dont have the slightest clue what you are babbling on about.

I've finished above lol. If I'm to see you doing it as motivation then the back and forth above should be enough to get you going. As for Nathan?? It negates Kinney. Hopefully, there's something in Welsh water. Today was a volume day and I'm waiting on a youtube video to load

Alright guys, i want a good, clean fight.

Lol in all seriousness though, if nathan holle has not stopped training and i am assuming he has not, then the only reason he hasn't done the 4 cert under new rules yet is because he simply doesn't want to.

• Like 1

Not been beat yet on grippers, had them in the 3 comps i've done. One was ccs torsion grippers, two were vulcan. Steve tied me last time. I don't care for any 'challenge' you have for me or anything you have to say. Why not just focus on improving yourself rather than trying (and failing) to bring others down?

edit - i didn't claim to tns a #4, read over my post

Edited by Paul Savage

Even for a 11 year old, this is terrible trolling. Good luck in high shcool.

I've finished above lol. If I'm to see you doing it as motivation then the back and forth above should be enough to get you going. As for Nathan?? It negates Kinney. Hopefully, there's something in Welsh water. Today was a volume day and I'm waiting on a youtube video to load

Hope this means you'll be posting frequent vids now. I'll be posting a bunch next year.

Even for a 11 year old, this is terrible trolling. Good luck in high shcool.

Tommy isn't trolling. You made world class claims without video proof. And last time I checked, you need video proof, per the GB rules. Tommy is trying to sus out the truth, and he did. If anyone is trolling you, it's you. Put up or shut up. I can barely close a #3, but you know what, it's documented.

• Like 1

What the hell is wrong with you guys? There's a ton of vids on my channel but if you know that if i have beat/matched steve on grippers in national/world comps then how could you possibly think i am trolling?

Yea, good luck with the #4 Euclides.

Good luck with your trolling.

Edited by Paul Savage

personal attacks will get this thread locked. keep it civil.

above applies to all parties.

I'm not your 'buddy' and i never said i can ccs new #4, so why are you making this challenge? When i can ccs new #4 video will be posted of it, you can watch it then. Attempting to ccs a #4 now would do nothing for my training, which you would know, if you had put even 1000th of the amount of thought and effort in to it as i have. You would also know that who has certified on the 3 and the 3.5 means nothing as far as who might cert on the 4 because they are light years apart, you can ccs a 3.5 for reps and get nowhere near #4 ccs.

Everybody talks about certing the mythical #4 gripper. I don't see anybody's name there on the 3.5 list. Oh, wait there's Andrew Durnait. There's Pagan. Interesting.

• Like 1

Well that's a straight up lie. The fact is none of these people, including vogt, have ccs'd an average #4 to as close as i have, infact, they have been a good way off. Going off this thinking, i could tns a #4 out of package on video

I'm not your 'buddy' and i never said i can ccs new #4, so why are you making this challenge?

I just saw this video for the first time, cause I didn't know who y'all were talking about, closest I've seen at least.

Paul I looked at your channel and didn't see a CoC #4 video that was CCS, do you have a link maybe?