Sign in to follow this  
Jones1874

Raging Bull Film: Robert De Niro Training?

Jones1874

I was just wondering if anyone knows how robert de Niro got in such good shape for this film? This isn't a 'I wanna train and look like de Niro' question. It's more out of curiosity, one of my favourite films. I wouldn't have posted a thread, but I couldn't find much on Google.

All I know is that he apparently sparred around a thousand rounds, had 3 fights and won 2 out of the 3. And that he would run early in the morning.

Does anyone know how he trained in a boxing gym? And how long he spent training preparing for the role?

Thanks in advance

Alex.

Frank Pizzo

He looks pretty dang impressive in Cape Fear as well and that film is over a decade after Raging Bull and puts De Niro at close to 50 years of age!

Yeah, Robert De Niro pretty much rocks!

• Like 1

EJ Livesey

Just as I figured. Food and training with real boxers did the job. People seem to underestimate how powerful Food really is. Eat the right foods and you can transform your body into crazy things.

• Like 2

Frank Pizzo

Just as I figured. Food and training with real boxers did the job. People seem to underestimate how powerful Food really is. Eat the right foods and you can transform your body into crazy things.

Agreed!

Back when I cut my body weight down from 287 to 242 people were saying how crazy big I was starting to look, and that I must be using roids etc, etc...lol

I told them I'm not even lifting weights! I'm just dieting and jogging a little!

Your diet can make a truly incredible difference!

• Like 1