Post Surgery Log

Rick Walker

Great job Rick, you're really fast off the floor!

Yeah, I train to build speed off the floor so I don't stall out mid shin. I think if I had a singlet on and some baby powder it would have slid right to lockout, sweat pants are not conducive to a big deadlift.

Got that O-lifter foot stance, great leg drive!

Thanks. It is how I always pull. Ton of leg to get the bar moving upwards.

Great pull Rick!

Thanks!

4:00 pm workout:

-Bench press: 245 x3, x3, x2, x2. Pec is better finally.

-Chest supported rows: 140 x 60 S, x60 S, x60 S, x60 S.

-DBs with pressure at the top like last week: 50s x10, x9, x8. Man these things are tough as hell.

-Standing cable pull-overs: 60 x 60 S, x60 S, x60 S

-Incline plate loaded machine bench: 180 x 60 S, x 60 S, x60 S.

Training partner had to jet and figured no need for another back exercise after the deadlifts.

Casey was up next. He surprised the hell out of me by pulling 205 for 3 sets of 3 with no belt!

Did an inventory this morning of aches and pains. Overall I feel pretty damn good considering I was up until after midnight and had a painful coughing fit at 3 am till about 5 am and slept from 5 to 7 on the couch so I wouldn't wake up the wife.

All parts feel good. Back isn't even tender...no muscle soreness at all. Have to go down and hit shoulders and traps at some point. Had a long morning...fuel pump shit out on me last night and left me stranded in the middle of the road. Its at the garage now. More nasty weather in route. Need spring NOW.

My twins are working out with 8 pound dumbbells right now. They crack me up. "Gotta get healthy daddy!"

• 3 weeks later...

I know I haven't updated my log in awhile. Lots going on including a big move for the family that we are super excited about! Time to get away from old man winter and into a red state!!

Still training hard. Last deadlift session did a fairly easy 510x3, 520x2, 530x1, 520x2, 510x3 with no belt and my knees are coming around as I just hit a nice and quick 410 for a double despite not being able to squat in awhile.

Casey has another meet this coming weekend. He should bump his current records up significantly before the start of baseball and spring football training! :grin:

• Like 3

My son has been consistently hitting 73 mph out of the pitching machine. This morning we decided to try out 90 mph for sh*ts and giggles. It took 5 pitches before he crushed one. That is probably one of the most amazing things I have ever seen. 11 years old and smoked a 90 mph fastball!