Race To Mm1

GrassMaine89

I'm still grippin' Evan but just distracted slightly with this fbbc bastard I'm chasing!

You're leaps ahead at the moment, swear you actually closed the 155lb gripper MMS.

• Like 1

nice work, you'll be ready for the MM1 soon as well.....how are you liking using choked grippers?...i have never really used this training technique but I'm seeing a lot of people using it lately...seems as though its similar to a negative in concept (allowing you to hold closed a gripper heavier then your max).

thanks man, I'm planning on trying MM1 in the Fall if training is going well. Choked grippers add variability to my training and allow me to get used to the pressure of heavier grippers especially at that last 10-20mm. Usually if I can close a gripper MMS then I don't use it choked anymore. It's just a method to help me get to the MMS. Theoretically speaking if you can close a choked gripper from ~20mm and you can also set it to 20mm then with some training you should be able to close it MMS. Similarly, if you are used to closing a gripper choked from let's say ~15mm you should be able to MMS a ~15-20 lb lighter gripper (I'm thinking of the 140s-160s range, as you move up this probably doesn't correlate as well). The difficulty of setting a gripper varies though depending on the gripper so it's difficult to generalize this. Perhaps it's just in my mind but I feel that the Tetting grippers are a bit harder for me to set than my RBs.

Nice work Evan! You are like hair away from #155

J.

thanks brother, as I said in the other discussion I can't wait for you and JoshW to cert mm0 so you can join the mm1 race.

Thanks Evan! I think it is doable in August. Right now doing some choker work a little. And when I reach your level, Ill join this race :)

you got this bro! I think you are already at my level and much stronger with your off hand.

I'm still grippin' Evan but just distracted slightly with this fbbc bastard I'm chasing!

You're leaps ahead at the moment, swear you actually closed the 155lb gripper MMS.

Keep grippin! I know you are almost there.

I wanna be a certified bastard too one day.

• Like 2

I'm gonna try one now to see if it will wobble alittle.

I look forward to you joining the bending game! Be warned, it's very addictive lol

• Like 2

I look forward to you joining the bending game! Be warned, it's very addictive lol

oh great, I do have addictive personality traits, this is exactly what I need :grin:

• Like 1

from what I've seen I love the intensity of it! It should help toughen your hands which should help with grippers too.

• Like 1

I feel guilty posting in this thread, let me cert the MM0 and il be right back with you.

Yea, Josh, lets finish this MM0 thread first and come back here, hehe :)

• Like 1

We'll see both of you real soon then

• Like 1

Just choked the MM2 I got from Justin couple of months ago (I love this gripper even though I haven't used it), 20mm is most likely too much but can't wait to try it tomorrow and see how far I get. I 'll probably have to take it to 10mm

photo%2528152%2529.JPG

photo%2528153%2529.JPG

photo%2528155%2529.JPG

• Like 1

Just choked the MM2 I got from Justin couple of months ago (I love this gripper even though I haven't used it), 20mm is most likely too much but can't wait to try it tomorrow and see how far I get. I 'll probably have to take it to 10mm

Make a video tho! :) This is the journey to mm1 :)

J.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

How's everyone doing here? I took a break from grippers for a few weeks and about to get back to it. mm1 is going down this year!

I've not done grippers for a few months now but want to get the MM1 too! Will need to condition my hands again and get the skin tough.

I need to plan my workouts to fit it in as have a few implements (Euro, adj thick bar, sledge / pickaxe) that need to train on too

• Like 1

Good to see you are still after the mm1 Sam. I've been focusing on pinch and other stuff too, but I have to say I miss training grippers like crazy as I used to a few months back!

who else is after the mm1 right now? I know from the board Jake and Jeff seem ready for it. 

'Focus' is the key as something new comes along and you change your plan. Glad I certified on the MM0 when I did