Race To Mm1

GrassMaine89

haha its an obsession...hopefully your hand heals quickly

• Like 1

no videos today...I have an obsession with attempting 1-3 closes on my off days...I did this the last 2 days nad just have nothing in my hands...this led to my injury last October so I am going to wait and do grippers sometime between next Thursday and Saturday...hopefully I will do 0 closes in between now and then...videos will be posted whenever I do the next gripper workout

I used to do that. I was making crazy n00b gains at the time too. It was awesome.

Haha if only it lasted...this training smart stuff sucks

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Gone a bit quiet on here . . . how is everyone doing? I've had a few weeks off grippers due to getting minor pains in my knuckles and wrists through RRBT.

Just been doing extensors and totally avoiding grippers, need to let them heal

My golfers elbow flared up so I backed out for now. Lit up again after doing extreme grindouts with a #3. Stupid.

Gonna play it by ear and train smart from now on.

My golfers elbow flared up so I backed out for now. Lit up again after doing extreme grindouts with a #3. Stupid.

Man that sucks, sorry to hear that...I was wondering the other day what happened with your MM1 sign up

Gone a bit quiet on here . . . how is everyone doing? I've had a few weeks off grippers due to getting minor pains in my knuckles and wrists through RRBT.

Just been doing extensors and totally avoiding grippers, need to let them heal

I had a similar situation, so I have toned down my intensity and have been making sure to only do grippers once a week (school has been killing me these last two weeks anyway)....right now I am preparing my gripper collection and will be starting Jedd's Cadenced Based Training...as far as my status I can close my 155 left turn gripper at will, but cannot close my 160 CPW Spectrum gripper...so I am probably close but I want to find and close standard wound gripper in the 158 range before I sign up

MM1 is 155-158ish.

Simon, you'd close it now.

I think so too...would love to see him smash that thing

• Like 1

Man that sucks, sorry to hear that...I was wondering the other day what happened with your MM1 sign up

Feeling much better now. I always find a way to sabotage my goals, haha. Usually involves getting too confident.

I'll see where I am Friday.

Feeling much better now. I always find a way to sabotage my goals, haha. Usually involves getting too confident.

I'll see where I am Friday.

I hear ya...glad your feeling better...hopefully soon a couple of us on here will take this thing down

MM1 is 155-158ish.

Thanks for believing in me guys :D All I can say is I will sign up real soon :shifty

• Like 1

MM1 is 155-158ish.

Thanks for believing in me guys :D All I can say is I will sign up real soon :shifty

I see you signed up, that's awesome man. Crush that thing

• Like 1

MM1 is 155-158ish.

I see you signed up, that's awesome man. Crush that thing

Thanks brother!! Will give it hell!!!

Best of Luck Simon for the MM1, train safe leading up to it!

Thank you my friend!! I will do my best to crush that thing!!!

• 3 weeks later...

As an update...today I closed a 156 GM, it felt pretty good and was from a MMS....I am starting Jedd's CBT program...at the end of that program I am going to sign up for the MM1...during this program I am going to work on widening my set so it is not questioned on video

• Like 2

Currently started on KTA as of 13th July so hope this will set me up for MM1 in a few months

As an update...today I closed a 156 GM, it felt pretty good and was from a MMS....I am starting Jedd's CBT program...at the end of that program I am going to sign up for the MM1...during this program I am going to work on widening my set so it is not questioned on video

How is your CBT program going?

How is your CBT program going?

I'm still early on it but so far I like it...too early to tell results but I definitely can tell i'm getting a workout and it's forcing me to change up what i normally do, which was basically heavy singles

• 3 weeks later...

I'm on a deload week now...I've seen some improvements already in the program...If this continues I feel good about putting in for the MM1 cert at the end of the program

• Like 2

I'm joining this race :)

this is from today's training. It's nothing compared to Vano's choker work and I'm using my other hand to stabilize the gripper but I'm happy with my progress.

• Like 4

nice work...glad to see you joining in on the race

• Like 1

nice work...glad to see you joining in on the race

thanks man, a difficult part of MM1+ certs is that there is more pressure to be ready for them vs just trying yout goal gripper whenever you feel strong until you close it like with MM0. So I feel it's gonna take me some time with getting comfortable closing a mid 150s gripper at any given day. But I'm so happy of this challange, for me it helps a lot having short and long term goals with grippers to stay motivated and keep progressing.

• Like 2

the RB is rated 155 not sure by who, got this gripper from Rick couple months ago. It's hard to see the number/letters in the vid. I haven't closed it yet. I get the closest at my third attempt but the set is deeper than the second attempt and I don't think it qualifies for MMS. The elite ext is rated 165, I got 2 reps at 17mm choked only because I used my other hand to stabilize the gripper

• Like 3

nice work, you'll be ready for the MM1 soon as well.....how are you liking using choked grippers?...i have never really used this training technique but I'm seeing a lot of people using it lately...seems as though its similar to a negative in concept (allowing you to hold closed a gripper heavier then your max).

• Like 1

nice work, you'll be ready for the MM1 soon as well.....how are you liking using choked grippers?...i have never really used this training technique but I'm seeing a lot of people using it lately...seems as though its similar to a negative in concept (allowing you to hold closed a gripper heavier then your max).

thanks man, I'm planning on trying MM1 in the Fall if training is going well. Choked grippers add variability to my training and allow me to get used to the pressure of heavier grippers especially at that last 10-20mm. Usually if I can close a gripper MMS then I don't use it choked anymore. It's just a method to help me get to the MMS. Theoretically speaking if you can close a choked gripper from ~20mm and you can also set it to 20mm then with some training you should be able to close it MMS. Similarly, if you are used to closing a gripper choked from let's say ~15mm you should be able to MMS a ~15-20 lb lighter gripper (I'm thinking of the 140s-160s range, as you move up this probably doesn't correlate as well). The difficulty of setting a gripper varies though depending on the gripper so it's difficult to generalize this. Perhaps it's just in my mind but I feel that the Tetting grippers are a bit harder for me to set than my RBs.

Nice work Evan! You are like hair away from #155

J.

thanks brother, as I said in the other discussion I can't wait for you and JoshW to cert mm0 so you can join the mm1 race.

Edited by Evan Raftopoulos
  • Like 3

thanks man, I'm planning on trying MM1 in the Fall if training is going well. Choked grippers add variability to my training and allow me to get used to the pressure of heavier grippers especially at that last 10-20mm. Usually if I can close a gripper MMS then I don't use it choked anymore. It's just a method to help me get to the MMS. Theoretically speaking if you can close a choked gripper from ~20mm and you can also set it to 20mm then with some training you should be able to close it MMS. Similarly, if you are used to closing a gripper choked from let's say ~15mm you should be able to MMS a ~15-20 lb lighter gripper (I'm thinking of the 140s-160s range, as you move up this probably doesn't correlate as well). The difficulty of setting a gripper varies though depending on the gripper so it's difficult to generalize this. Perhaps it's just in my mind but I feel that the Tetting grippers are a bit harder for me to set than my RBs.

Nice work Evan! You are like hair away from #155

J.

thanks brother, as I said in the other discussion I can't wait for you and JoshW to cert mm0 so you can join the mm1 race.

Thanks Evan! I think it is doable in August. Right now doing some choker work a little. And when I reach your level, Ill join this race :)

• Like 1