Race To Mm1

GrassMaine89

I'm gonna say that's too narrow. When I doubt go wider.

Ya that's what I suspected, thanks man

Thanks. I'd say about 160 if I ate my wheaties.

I hope you give it a shot soon then. You are definitely strong enough, as a few have mentioned. I thought maybe if another MM1 closer recommended it, you might go ahead and do it.

I had a knuckle injury and stayed away from the boards to avoid temptation (when I read about other people gripping or bending I can't resist doing it myself).

As an update I have closed my LT CoC #3 150 lbs for numerous singles. I have failed my GHP #7 152 lbs but by narrow margins.

I read through this form and noticed how close a lot of guys are, I want to keep it alive. Do we have any status updates?

I know EJ closed it, congrats. Chops how are you doing with it? I noticed awhile back you were making some awesome gains. Anybody else have any status updates?

Good work man. You are very close to the MM1 then.

• Like 1

Good work man. You are very close to the MM1 then.

Thanks man...hoping to snag one of CPW's new RB grippers that is closer in range to the MM1 so I can find out how much work I have left

Edited by GrassMaine89

These are my latest GHP 7 closes:

I'm going to take a break until my new grippers from CPW arrive...at that time I'll test myself and see how far off from MM1 I am...I'm not there yet however I now feel confident I can close my GHP 7 at will...I'm motivated to slay MM1

Edited by GrassMaine89
  • Like 2

Is the race finished? If not, I'm in ;)

Its less of a race right now and more of a few people showing there progress...I would love to turn it into a more formalized race...that's what we did when I achieved MM0, and that's what you guys just did...seems to be highly motivating

Is the race finished? If not, I'm in ;)

Its less of a race right now and more of a few people showing there progress...I would love to turn it into a more formalized race...that's what we did when I achieved MM0, and that's what you guys just did...seems to be highly motivating

Yeah I understand, would be awesome if it turned back to a friendly race, either way I will post my proggress in this thread :) Edited by greppstark

Awesome, look forward to it

• Like 1

Anybody know how the mm1 feels compared to a CoC or a ghp...I've heard people say rgc would be anywhere from 153 to 158 so I was wondering if it felt like a particular rgc gripper, like a 155 CoC....just trying to gauge where I need to be...I realize it's like nailing smoke to the wall with all the variables that exist with grippers

• Like 1

Just got my new grippers today...closed the left turn 3 155 lbs for 2 singles...its hard to see in the video, hate the LT's for videos...I tried my CPW 330 N 160 lbs for 2 singles and missed them both by paper thin margins...I think it will go down soon

• Like 1

Just got my new grippers today...closed the left turn 3 155 lbs for 2 singles...its hard to see in the video, hate the LT's for videos...I tried my CPW 330 N 160 lbs for 2 singles and missed them both by paper thin margins...I think it will go down soon

Awesome man, is it harder than regular when closing with right hand?

Edited by greppstark

I don't know if I'm willing to say that it is harder, it just feels different...similar to closing a regular gripper in your left hand...they definitely feel awesome in the left hand

• Like 1

Strong as hell dude.

• Like 1

Thanks man...I'm getting close to where I want to be to try MM1

• Like 1

Here is my attempt at my RGC 149 GM. About 4-5mm off, hoping to be somewhere near in by Winter 2015

https://youtu.be/z0musvlPVY4

That was a solid attempt...keep at it and you will crush that thing

• Like 1

Here is my attempt at my RGC 149 GM. About 4-5mm off, hoping to be somewhere near in by Winter 2015

https://youtu.be/z0musvlPVY4

That was a solid attempt...keep at it and you will crush that thing

Thanks dude, my hands are getting shredded due to RRBT on the #2 and #2.5 so hopefully in a few weeks the skin is tougher. Just got to work on my set with the other hand

I am aiming for MM1 by fall.

I see you put your name in early for MM1...can't wait to see you crush it

Edited by GrassMaine89

Thanks buddy, I'm gonna give it hell.

• Like 2

Tomorrow I'm going to post videos of my attempts...I'm turning my focus to filming and making sure my attempts would pass judging...Hoping to have the people that post here judge it by posting white or red and then why, seems like a good utilization of the expertise on this board

• Like 2

no videos today...I have an obsession with attempting 1-3 closes on my off days...I did this the last 2 days nad just have nothing in my hands...this led to my injury last October so I am going to wait and do grippers sometime between next Thursday and Saturday...hopefully I will do 0 closes in between now and then...videos will be posted whenever I do the next gripper workout

no videos today...I have an obsession with attempting 1-3 closes on my off days...I did this the last 2 days nad just have nothing in my hands...this led to my injury last October so I am going to wait and do grippers sometime between next Thursday and Saturday...hopefully I will do 0 closes in between now and then...videos will be posted whenever I do the next gripper workout

I have the same problem.. Ended up with a skin tear in my palm yesterday.. Atleast it will keep me away from grippers :D