Race To Mm1

GrassMaine89

I wanted to start this based off of the success of the Race to MM0 thread...I know there are some guys like EJ and KingCrusher who can and will smoke it right now....however I would like to extend a friendly challenge to the newer MM0's and future MM0's (Chops, JoshW, and others I don't even know) to race for the more standardized challenge of the MM1....anybody want to formally accept the challenge?

• Like 2

Just waiting on three lights............

• Like 1

I'll be here trying to close the gap between us while we wait on the judgment....haha

• Like 1

I'll get in on this for my off hand. I need to look back and see if I need to do an MM0 for my off hand first though.

• Like 1

I'll get in on this for my off hand. I need to look back and see if I need to do an MM0 for my off hand first though.

Nice to have some real experience in the race...where do you think your off hand is now?

right now I'm doing jedd's Cadence based gripper training. so, I've been doing more reps and holds than max work. I started off a bit low on it and had to adjust up. I'll be running that till gripmas then after the comp I'll test. close to that anyway. depending on how the days fall I might test the week before gripmas. I would guess I'm about low 150's left handed. after gripmas I'll submit an MM0 off hand. And I won't do my MM1 off hand until I can do a double cert with Josh Henze.

• Like 2

What!?! You're going to throw me under the bus.

you can easily get your MM0. at this point you're just being antagonistic.

I'm in. I will attempt the mm1 late next week.

• Like 2

A lot of true power is on this race...motivating...I do my workout with grippers today I'll post a little bit about my progress

I'm in. I will attempt the mm1 late next week.

Crush it...

These threads are a great idea. I'll be watching. Go get it guys!

• Like 1

I did a gripper workout today...it was awful...going to back off of volume and add in wrist work and see if that doesn't help...

I'll jump in. This April I did the MM0 with a 156 #3 but stopped grippers shortly after that to train for King Kong. Last night I gave it a go to see where I'm at and a 140 Grand Master gave me all sorts of trouble. Guess lets see how long it takes me to get back to where I left off.

• Like 2

Nice work Andrew. You shoulda played the meatloaf on the last two closes for an extra kick!!! Haha

• Like 2

Update:

Haven't touched a gripper since my mm0 cert. No info on when the mm1 will be sent to me.

Your a beast EJ. That gripper doesn't stand a chance!

• Like 1

Your a beast EJ. That gripper doesn't stand a chance!

Thanks bro, lol. I have my moments. I hope I close it. Been hitting forearms hard lately, haven't felt like my hands are all that strong today.

THREE WHITES!!!

I'm up for a race.

I'll jump in. This April I did the MM0 with a 156 #3 but stopped grippers shortly after that to train for King Kong. Last night I gave it a go to see where I'm at and a 140 Grand Master gave me all sorts of trouble. Guess lets see how long it takes me to get back to where I left off.

Can I say how awesome it is that during the first close with the 130 lbs gripper you were rocking out to Meatloaf....awesome

THREE WHITES!!!

I'm up for a race.

Yes!!! The race is on

• Like 2

I'm down how does this work? Don't you have to get on the list to attempt it?

• Like 1

You need to cert mm0 first.

AND then message wannagrip or Wright in the mm1 thread that u desire to cert mm1.

Edited by PeterSweden

Already got my MMO.

Just need to train it before I get on the list to attempt MM1.

So I will start strict training and hopefully can get it by the beginning of next year.

Thanks for the info.

Edited by fortes mãos
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

New PR of 147 a couple days ago. Haven't been able to duplicate it yet.

Looking forward to MM1, does everyone agree that it is about 153# or so?

• Like 3