Official Ironmind Hub World Record

Juha Harju

Quoted from IronMind´s forum:

"Sorry to be slow in commenting on this but I've been out of the country and just got back yesterday.

John did contact IronMind about this lift yesterday or the day before (I was in a pretty different time zone so am not sure which day it was by local standards :-) but as everyone I know who has reviewed the videos has noted, the lift obviously doesn't satisfy the rules for an official world record:

http://www.ironmind.com/ironmind/ope...ld_Record.html

Of course, this can be like grippers and the principle of shortened strokes for different folks can be applied in the same way—in fact, any self respecting Feat Cheater would point out that the stroke and absence of requiring a down signal, etc. are just the beginning, because hand position is vital, too, and while maybe only those who were there can say for sure what John's hand position was, it can be said with absolute certainty that the videos I've seen do not demonstrate that a legal starting position was used (as required by those rules, above).

Anyway, that John is an animal on this lift, I have no question—would love to see him pull this much and more and get his name on that world record list."

Well, we will have to respect their decision. I think the control at the top was like Burke's axel WR...that passed.

One thing for sure- John being able to even get that off the floor is an awesome feat!

And the guy who got the WR is awesome too!

Both probably feel deflated a little by this, but it shouldn't last very long...you guys are good!

• Like 4

Ari Siltaoja, I want to personally say congratulation for achieving the status honored to you by IronMind with your Hub performance at King Kong.

• Like 12

You guys both show exemplary sportmanship!! This is what grip sport is all about, pushing each other to be our best in respectful, constructive competition. Hats off to both of you.

• Like 7

Congrats to both you dudes on some top notch hubbing. That is awesome.