Buy The Ticket, Take The Ride

JHenze646

Miss Tuesday

Presses & pullups - I added weight to the pullups and they were bad. I need to mix this in more often.

Grprs L 136, 142, 150x0, 152x0,0, 136

R 136, 142, 150, 152, 142

Bp & 1 arm row

DO bend 60Dx2, 1/4 sqr x2, 1/4 rd x attempt

Climber curl reg. 40 3x5, rev. 20 2x10

Thursday

Box squat 320x2*, 300 2x3

Finger curls 73x3,84x3,94.5x5

DOAD 270 3x3

Inch trainer 135 x1,1,1, L0/R1

Rt(hm) 135 2x3 these need work.

post-23285-0-65091200-1430445091_thumb.j

post-23285-0-93390300-1430445111_thumb.j

• Like 1

Field day Sat.

It was a beautiful day. My throwing wasnt all that great and it was a long day. Hopefully I improved on something. I will have to wait until the results are posted. We started at 9am and finished at 5:30pm. Unfortunately I finished up with a miss at a wob height (11) that I normally throw.

Wob: https://youtu.be/W7BLfIoLXSo

Onward to Beltane.

Another fun Sunday

Light box squats 235 3x5

Vulcan gripper set work 4/4 4x1

Push press up to 185x5, 150x10,9

2hp 178 4x1,0,0

Cowbell 160 3x 5 count holds

Deads 410 x3,2*

Yoke 50ft&back 300x1, 350x2, 250x1

1hp holds 35's best hold was 12 count

Light stone loads

Ttk 10 4x8

Clubbell swings & sprints

Clubbell swings: https://youtu.be/8yRCvM2nRxo

Thanks for checking out my log.

Josh, on your homemade RT, I'd recommend cutting a slightly longer inner sleeve (the one inside the 2 and 3/8" diameter PVC) because the one you have is just like the one I made back in 2001 - the chain appears to be slightly contacting the outer 2 and 3/8" diameter PVC sleeve. Which makes it easier to lift more weight on. It won't make a huge difference, but when I corrected the flaw on mine it dropped me down a solid 10lbs. Which made it almost exactly what I pulled on the real RT when I bought one. I alternated workouts on the two devices over a 3-month period after buying the real RT and the homemade one with the flaw corrected was within 2lbs on all workouts.

• Like 1

Josh, on your homemade RT, I'd recommend cutting a slightly longer inner sleeve (the one inside the 2 and 3/8" diameter PVC) because the one you have is just like the one I made back in 2001 - the chain appears to be slightly contacting the outer 2 and 3/8" diameter PVC sleeve. Which makes it easier to lift more weight on. It won't make a huge difference, but when I corrected the flaw on mine it dropped me down a solid 10lbs. Which made it almost exactly what I pulled on the real RT when I bought one. I alternated workouts on the two devices over a 3-month period after buying the real RT and the homemade one with the flaw corrected was within 2lbs on all workouts.

Thank you for the advice. Its hard to tell from that picture but it actually has two pieces of the pvc fastened to the ends of the center pipe like colars and a center free turning piece for the gripping surface. I sanded all the edges smooth so there would be as little of a binding effect as possible. It has the feel of an old model Rt that has seen some use. It turns under its own weight but has some friction. I hope to get a crusher as soon as they are available to use as my primary rolling handle. Thanks again for the help.
  • Like 1

Cinco de Tuesday

Strict press 153 2x5, beltx5

Pullups - with my Bw finally on the rise these got harder

W/ Grprs L 136x1,1,1 my crush felt strong but my set was so poor that I could not increase or more volume. R 142x1,1,1 both 109 3x2 all mms

Bp&1 arm row

DO bend 60Dx2, 1/4sqrx2, doubles for kink 5/16 plated - I have lost a lot of bending strength. The 1/4 squares felt super hard.

Curls, side bend, Db Bp, shrugs, situps, rear flyes

Climber curl rev. 20 2x8, Reg. 30 3x10

Sledgehammer work

Forward looking Thursday

Box Squat 260 5x5

DOAD 290 5x1

Inch trainer 135 x1,0

Hm RT 135 x5

Ghr & rev. hyper

Sat. is another field day and Sun. I am stopping at Durniat Strength to train some grip and play.

Sun. I am stopping at Durniat Strength to train some grip and play.

I'm jealous!

Out in left field Saturday

It was about 80+ degrees F all day. I got there at 8:45 am and left at 7 pm, all day.

My throwing was terrible. Some of the events were set up on a bit of a downhill grade and I still threw short.

Durniat Strength Sunday

After a struggle to find food, a little sleep, and an allergic reaction, I was in perfect form to really crush it at the gym. - sarcasm

Warm up squats

W/ sorinex anvil trainer 50,90,115,135 Lx0, 160 Rx0, a few more singles at 135 both hands

Push press

Sorinex Saxon bar up to 200x0, 180 3x1

My pinch has really been suffering.

Blob(100 side) L 3x1, R 3x0

Deadlift

Stones- I found out from Brandon the day before that the stone platforms were under construction. But the three tallest platforms were still useable. I should preface this by saying I haven't trained heavy stones lately or to a high platform so I used the lightest stones they had to the third and fourth platform. The fifth platform was ~70 inches tall. It was really fun but I was just too tired to do anything.

I messed around with some other medley items(read: rolled Inch around on the floor) and called it a day.

I need another qualifying lift. If I cant get it on Thursday, i will make whatever lift I can shamefully.

• 2 weeks later...

Still training Tuesday

I have been consistently training. I haven't done anything to log.

Tonight I got the first session in with my new FBBC 2.5 Crusher and V-bar.

Crusher up to 115 x1, 135 x hop

V-bar up to R x 180, L 195xhop

Onward!

• Like 1

A babyshower Sunday

I woke up at 5 am on a Sunday because I had to lift before my cousin's babyshower at noon. Priorities.

I screwed up and omitted finger curls on Thursday so I added them here.

Finger curls 70x5, 80x5, 91x8

Hit squats, push press, log, and deads.

2hp worked up to 190x1, 200x0

1hp 35's pinch 2x 15 count

Yoke and stones - finally worked up to the 260 stone. The 20 in. size feels so much more natural.

Shallow hub up to 22.5x1 L for a solid PR. YES!

Blood, sweat, and grippers Tuesday

I cut the tip of my thumb yesterday making a salad. I wasnt directly using it but from the pressure it would bleed each rep.

SSB to box 190 5x5 w/ grprs 25mm block L 110x2, 136x0,0 R 110x2,136,143x1,1 these were awful so I just stopped.

Bp - equally awful

DOAD 275 5x3

DO bend 60Dx2, 1/4sqr this was so I did some bending

Four more training days til NAGSC. I am not too optimistic. Training has just been bad. I am going to chalk it up as a learning experience.

Another fun Sunday

Squat 300x5

Push press Axle & Log

2Hp up to 180x1

Deadlifts

DO bending 60dx2, 1/4sqr, Bastard x1 I also gave an attempt at nail knotting but I couldn't get the hang of it.

Farmers & stones

Two more training days til NAGSC. It will be good to have a chance to meet and talk with everyone.

Rest up bro... Resist the urge to go heavy!!

Thanks, Jon. It will be good to see you and hear about training and life in Texas.

Tuesday

SSB to box 195 5x5

W grprs 25mm block set L 109 3x1 R 110 3x1

Bp

DOAD worked up to 320(opener)x0 hahaha

This should be an interesting weekend. I am looking forward to bending shoes and nails and training with my crusher after its over. One more training day to go.

• Like 1

Too late Thursday

Strict press & power cleans

Finger curls 80x5, 91x3, 102x5

Pullups 6x6 , x4

Ttk 10 3x10

Wrist roller 25 3 times

Club swings

How do you keep your bending stock from rusting? I never really had a problem before but the hexabastards are really rusty already.

Post NAGSC Sunday

I felt awful when I woke up with a terrible sinus headache, probably from all the chalk. I had to be at my niece's birthday in a few hours(she's two) so I quickly searched for my non-drowsy decongestant but could not find it. I took some decongestant my wife had with breakfast and headed down to the garage.

Squats - I started to slowly work up in weight as the pain in my head lessened by half but was replaced with the overwhelming urge to go to sleep.

305x5 with belt

Push press didn't fair as well. As I worked up I had no power to clean the axle and my left wrist was swollen and sore. I called at 190x2.

I decide to drop stones and yoke and instead decided to load my FBBC Crusher up to 100 lbs. I hit singles between every set of presses and squats. I am ready to start training this and a few other lifts.

I knew with the fatigue from NAGSC and the meds that I wasn't going to pull anything heavy. I had a little fun instead.

Deads 315X15

I am now anxiously awaiting the delivery of some horse shoes.

Thank you for reading my log!

• Like 2

A fresh Tuesday

I hadn't had any sinus issues since Sunday but as soon as I started warming up, a sinus headache came on so fast and strong I had to go back upstairs for meds and lay down in between warm up sets of squats. By the second work set, the headache had all but passed.

SSB box 195 5x5

Bp

DOAD 260 2X5,3/2

2.5 Crusher 100 x 3, 11 and in case Tom S. is reading this I record all crusher weights in Freedom units. - humor

Sit ups & side bends

Polo 0 x L & R x attempt

Horse shoe bend(1): https://youtu.be/XkfBRoCxqKo

Horseshoe bend left: https://youtu.be/0V-ZPWHC4u8

Edited by JHenze646
  • Like 2

I try to get some throwing in about once a week. Due to NAGSC last week I didn't throw and I knew things would be off. I would loosen up with a few drills or tosses, then video one toss, watch it, and work on one or two things I could improve.

Throwing practice 6/15(4): https://youtu.be/3n8SFhUFyCw

Throwing practice 6/15(2): https://youtu.be/D-a-5eKfxA8

Another fun Sunday

I had an opportunity to train with Brent this day. I woke up feeling groggy and tired. I planned to start CBT for grippers and wanted to hit grip training at Brent's.

Squats 310 x 5

Push press Axle 200x4 the fifth rep got way out in front of me, Log 180x4,5

Def. Deads 365 x 6, 345x5,5 Too easy but rushing for yoke

Yoke I only got two super light runs in due to approaching lightning.

Stones 190 for 3 reps

@ Brent's

Hit the first day of CBT for grippers and was surprised how easy it felt. Hopefully I can simply follow the plan and see some improvement.

2HP 58 mm worked up to 190 10x1 (very curious)

Hit some random blockweights and then worked up on 35 hex to +15 x1 each hand. I had brought some Batards with me in the hopes of getting a cert video with Brent's help. First I had forgotten my IMP's and had to borrow Brents, then on the kink something in my finger cracked and moved. It didn't hurt but that wasn't something I wanted to push through. Not today I guess.

IM hub up to 40 for a few singles - I have to work on this so I can easily do this while being sprayed with a hose. Brent offered to slap me while I did it. I passed on the offer for now.

• Like 1

Hot garbage and spilled gasoline Tuesday

SSB to box 205 5x5

Bp 250 5x1

DOAD 280 4x3,1/1/1

For the last triple, I did a cluster of singles. I may not have gotten another set of triples or at the least they would have been of poor quality. The three singles were solid lifts and the better decision.

Crusher 100x3, 110 Lx4,3 Rx5,2 my hands were too fatigued from axle to push these

Situps & side bends

I didn't think I would have to lift on Sunday so I hit grippers and DO bending on Thurs.

Grprs - CBT

DO bend 60D x 7

Throw it all out Sunday

Squat 315 x 3

PP Log 190x5, 175x5,4/1

2HP 180 4x2

Dec. Deads 390x6, 370x5,5

DO bending 60D x2, 1/4 sqr

No farmers due to lightning

Stone 190 4 reps

Blockweights - finger combo lifts, tosses, facelifts

Shoes Polo 0 x right side stupid, Polo 0, DC0, SCF Lite Rim 0

• Like 1

Tuesday

SSB box 210 5x5

Bp 190 4x7

DOAD 270, 290, 310, 320, 325x attempt, 290

Crusher 100x3, 110x6,4

Situps

After a period of training, I come to a point where I have made a little progress or am right about to make progress and then the wheels fall off so to speak. I hope today was just a bad day.

Another Frustrating Saturday

Squat up to 335x1 this is what I wanted to hit today but it was way worse and more difficult than it should have been.

https://youtu.be/yhQ2KE0T5IM

It rained nonstop all morning and I can't do log inside.

PP axle up to 180x2 - max effort

Def. Dead up to 365x3 - max effort

I had hoped to at least do farmer picks and stones but after this abysmal performance, I decided to drop everything else. I bent some things to work my frustration.

DO bend 60D x2, 1/4 sqr

Spike

Right side SCF Polo0(pr), attempted another kinked Polo0 moving it a few degrees

Left polo0, DC0 to heart

https://youtu.be/QQhc3uBxNHg

Bad days happen. I want progress, even if it's little, for the time and effort. I wish I knew what I am doing wrong.

And next week I will be away from home. Good or bad, we will see...