Buy The Ticket, Take The Ride

JHenze646

Thursday - Back and arms

I did pull ups and quite a few row variations with light weight. Shrugs and face pulls felt crunchy. I must not utilize those movements in my day to day life. Lots of things felt rusty and unused.

tricep work, curls, sit-ups, and side bends

i didnt normally do direct arm work besides a few sets of tricep work here and there. If I keep up with this I am interested to see how it works out.

wrist curls - standing, seated, and reverse

i have lots of room for improvement here.

• Like 1

Its Friday! Throw your hands in the air!

CED33B7A-FB0B-46DD-857B-F92966D191EA.thumb.jpeg.50a39da0ebec4deb0fbf23b412ff7553.jpeg

Friday morning mayhem (cardio)

one mile trail run 

i didnt time the run today but it was eventful with the vast array of spiders. 😧

medball throws and broad/box jumps

some shop time...

4DB7CF12-D6A5-47A7-8C2B-C214E55C0741.thumb.jpeg.b663a53f297f5f04ea2d0a9841ba974e.jpeg

• Like 4

I screwed around too much this morning and didn’t leave adequate time for a good workout. Plus I have a sinus headache that refused to surrender 

a few press variations, chest and shoulders and pinches, 2x25 and hex40.

the pinches felt strong but I am just easing into it.

Wed.

hypers and reverse 3x20, squats 3x10 185, BB finger curls 135 3x15, hip work with band

Thurs.

pull ups Bw 3x7, facepulls 3x20, shrugs 135 3x10, sup/pro rotations, wrist curls using strap & pulley, standing wrist curls 135 3x10, oar 45 3x10, bent rows 135, oh tri ext., reverse wrist curls, reverse/curls, skulls, hammer curls, side bends, and sit ups

i am working to build up some work capacity and some muscle.

Fri. 

1.5 mile trail run 27 minutes - something is off here. The mileage can’t be right for the time as my pace is quickening. I adjusted my route a bit to avoid the majority of the spiders. 🕷  I only had one crawl across me this morning.(win!)

med ball throws and jumps, broad and box.

“Fall seven times, stand up eight.” - Japanese proverb 

• Like 1

My wife and I had a little getaway over the weekend to celebrate her arrival into this world. We had a little wine and spent some time sitting on some sand.91ECDF9A-B734-434D-9DBB-ECF661D0BF88.thumb.jpeg.e95f4bd4e8adc8b394b36550deb589d4.jpeg

Monday

I had to get prepared for the work week and the garage is a mess. I lost most of my gym time to efforts to organize and clean.

club swings

shoulder press 100 3x10

That was all I managed and it was frustrating.

... but later after finding out I need to be competition ready for LL19,

pushups, shoulder laterals

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JHenze646 said:

... but later after finding out I need to be competition ready for LL19,

pushups, shoulder laterals

I'm excited about this.  I may harass you from time to time...and hope you do the same.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, anwnate said:

I'm excited about this.  I may harass you from time to time...and hope you do the same.

“Come at me, Bro!”

😂

• Like 2

Weigh in - 199 freedom units

This is up about 10 from a few weeks ago due to changes in diet, sleep, and supplementation. I can normally gain 1 to 1.5 lbs a month so 25 in 12 months is going to be a hard push.

Weds.

I started warming up for a lower body workout only to realize I was out of time. I stopped just after the warm up.

Thurs.

Same as Weds.

... maybe in my next life...

“What gets measured gets improved.” - Sharma

6 hours ago, JHenze646 said:

I can normally gain 1 to 1.5 lbs a month so 25 in 12 months is going to be a hard push.

No worries...I've got 25 I can spare.  If you need advice on eating...I'm really, really good at it.

Seriously though, if it's all muscle, it'll be a serious accomplishment.

Fri-yeah!

1 mile track run - 8 min.

hmm... I think my trail loop might be closer to 3 miles than 1.5

med ball throws & jumping

i am going to make a series of low cost grip items that I will be selling in order to help off set the immense cost of my other projects. If you even consider buying one, I am grateful and consider any purchases a donation more or less to my continuous endeavors. Thank you and stay tuned.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JHenze646 said:

i am going to make a series of low cost grip items that I will be selling in order to help off set the immense cost of my other projects. If you even consider buying one, I am grateful and consider any purchases a donation more or less to my continuous endeavors. Thank you and stay tuned.

Will you be selling any of your art pieces? I have no need for more grip gear but would love a Henze original nail man. I'm sure others would as well

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Andrew Dube said:

Will you be selling any of your art pieces? I have no need for more grip gear but would love a Henze original nail man. I'm sure others would as well

No, no art.  

You always need more grip gear.

• Like 1

“I am coming for YOU!!!” ***looking @anwnate***

“I'm so fast that last night I turned off the light switch in my hotel room and was in bed before the room was dark.” - Muhammad Ali

P.S. Shenanigans are the best. The video idea is credited to This Old Tony on YouTube. Even if you don’t like machining check out his videos for the humor.

Edited by JHenze646
  • Like 3

Monday

i woke up early this morning in order to get a few hours of arc time. I have had an anvil for a while now and it just sits neglected on the floor and I recently was given a nice heavy chunk of steel. While everything didn’t go as planned and my welds are atrocious, I learned a lot on this project so far and there is still a lot left to do. And now my anvil has its own stand!

E8F34E9E-A473-4012-A31A-9B32BF4F1407.thumb.jpeg.38fd26ea1bedb3a01481a17cde1c7f5e.jpeg6C1CF19F-C6EA-4998-8174-DB49368E8188.thumb.jpeg.a02e86cad996f137a13b4516a208bd73.jpeg

Workout

sp 115 3x10, bp 155 3x10, incline dB press 45’s 3x10, oap 35 3x10

axe chops and leg raise attempts 😔

blockweight loads to 24 in platform x a bunch - just enjoying time in the gym

plate pinches, 10’s & 25’s - more enjoyment 

and some other stuff I don’t remember.

btw the anvil stand wasn’t all I had time to get started...56F18854-E407-4399-8D7A-9277036A82AC.thumb.jpeg.e4d9a317ee894b4cd696c7346759445f.jpeg

• Like 2

6 hours ago, JHenze646 said:

“I am coming for YOU!!!” ***looking @anwnate***

“I'm so fast that last night I turned off the light switch in my hotel room and was in bed before the room was dark.” - Muhammad Ali

P.S. Shenanigans are the best. The video idea is credited to This Old Tony on YouTube. Even if you don’t like machining check out his videos for the humor.

Seems legit.  :)

• Like 2

Wednesday 

rev./hyper ext., club swings

squats 190 2x10 - rebuild PR

bw lunges(something felt off in my butt), calf raises, finger curls(single hand) up to 75x10, hipwork, plank, fat grip rack lockout 225 2x1 - testing the waters

i had a few minutes to do a lil work and had to “engineer” how to get a bend I needed. Adapt and overcome.

C29C8DE0-6ECA-40F2-A3DC-47ECE82894B4.thumb.jpeg.ec6612d0daf8c9e557ec1c24933bfc3a.jpeg

And with no further explanation...5BC96DA7-A3A4-4EC3-9F2A-9A143740C017.png.adb4d27b1a7b34262fc66b30d7e8bd76.png

• Haha 2

Missed my Wednesday weigh in so today...

Bodyweight 205 freedom units - that was a big jump

back and arm work today, nothing remarkable.

i listen to TWIG while in the gym and didn’t know what this “Thumb Blaster” thing was that they were talking about. So I googled it. 😳 Yeah, don’t do that.

Also did some wrist sup/pro and rev/curl work. I need to figure out a good progressive way to do wrist curls.

The garage is in bad need of cleaning. Strength equipment and workshop materials are piled up on top of each other everywhere. This is no acceptable.

CD6D2782-FF54-4BE7-8893-051D3A43C83C.jpeg.f36ff7f8806c4402c71dadf4ebcac371.jpeg

• Like 1

Friday

Trail run of unknown distance, medball throws, and jumps. I only had to shake off 3 spiders.

Randoms thought while running

me to me: “Phew! This is hard! Maybe if I add a second day of cardio/running it would get easier.”

me also to me: “Don’t you blaspheme to me!”

i have been running in a larger county park but I might have to switch to my community park for less of a commute time.

Monday

BP 155 3x10 no standing press because of the continuous rain

db incl., oap, seated dB cleans, laterals, facepulls, rotator cuff work.

around the world 45’s x3, 45’s hold x12, 20, 11, 35’s griprush(7) and fingerwalks 

F157F6ED-640B-478C-A88C-9E9EADD874AD.thumb.jpeg.264ebe0cb77a153c40002ab3a1ec8437.jpeg

And in case you need it...

Thanks for reading my log!

• Like 4

45 around the world.  Damn...haven't had the balls to try that yet (not sure I'm strong enough).

Good vid tips Thanks.

finger cut gloves?  is that simply to protect the webbing or is it an intentionally imposed handicap?

All in all sounds like a beastly 2x45 workout.  I gotta step it up. :) 

3 hours ago, anwnate said:

45 around the 

finger cut gloves?  is that simply to protect the webbing or is it an intentionally imposed handicap?

Note what he wrote on them.  It is a shameless attempt to get Alen and Jedd to talk about him on TWIG

• Like 2

6 hours ago, anwnate said:

^yep

you are welcome on the pinch tips but you still aren’t gonna beat me. I left out a few things...

i also text Brent today and he reminded me of a few other things for training.

3 hours ago, richcottrell said:

Note what he wrote on them.  It is a shameless attempt to get Alen and Jedd to talk about him on TWIG

“I ALWAYS listen to This Week in Grip  while I am in the gym. It’s increases my workout intensity by 500%!” 

😀

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JHenze646 said:

“I ALWAYS listen to This Week in Grip  while I am in the gym. It’s increases my workout intensity by 500%!” 

😀

Yup...shameless. :)