Jump to content
JHenze646

Buy The Ticket, Take The Ride

Recommended Posts

JHenze646

Thurs.

i did squat supports up to 500 for 12 counts.

filmed some grpr closes.

bent 4 70D nails, starting to find my kink.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
anwnate
1 hour ago, JHenze646 said:

...bent 4 70D nails, starting to find my kink.

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JHenze646

*loud victorious yelling*

1C4EEFDE-1F99-4A00-9B8C-7BBF42E0A4AD.thumb.jpeg.4e3f7a448cac7b76af1161c70effa462.jpeg

(Hexabastard in BBW)

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jvance
14 minutes ago, JHenze646 said:

*loud victorious yelling*

1C4EEFDE-1F99-4A00-9B8C-7BBF42E0A4AD.thumb.jpeg.4e3f7a448cac7b76af1161c70effa462.jpeg

(Hexabastard in BBW)

Niice.. I am illiterate when it comes to nails.. Harder than a Red? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Donc101
1 hour ago, JHenze646 said:

*loud victorious yelling*

1C4EEFDE-1F99-4A00-9B8C-7BBF42E0A4AD.thumb.jpeg.4e3f7a448cac7b76af1161c70effa462.jpeg

(Hexabastard in BBW)

Great job Josh, strong bend!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JHenze646
2 hours ago, jvance said:

Niice.. I am illiterate when it comes to nails.. Harder than a Red? 

I don’t know how to quantify it. I have bent a few reds but never moved these more than a degree or two in the years I have had them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bencrush
6 hours ago, JHenze646 said:

I don’t know how to quantify it. I have bent a few reds but never moved these more than a degree or two in the years I have had them.

Great bend, Josh!!!  Even the "easiest" Hexabastards I ever bent were way beyond any Red.  I found them very hard to kink too - and had an easier time with them at 6" and under to be honest. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JHenze646

I had every intention of having a good long session but the forecast said the rain was coming and I had projects to finish outside before the down pour started. I didn’t make it through the projects completely. I have three that require sanding and finishing. And I lined up three more projects while I was working!!!

Get your Sunday started(5pm)

i see patterns a lot of times in people’s training. I used to point things out to Brent when we would grip regularly.  I noticed a few things in a few peoples training that I will be incorporating into my training. 

Thick bar work- KV Method (Kapusta-Vance)

4-1/4 handle to 75, thumbless to 90, pinned to 125

2.5 crusher to 125

2 incher to 165

2x70D, then Hexabastard in BBWs - the kink was hard but yielded easily the rest of the way. PR.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
climber511
On 11/20/2017 at 12:29 PM, JHenze646 said:

A week later and I am still building back up from my work trip. I made it over to Brent's and he let me borrow his Euro to prepare our group for Gripmas. I forgot what a great piece of traing equipment it is. I need to get mine pulled together.(I need spacers)

Tested 21hp - this is the first time I can remember pinching over my bodyweight!

Shoes - polo0 & SCF LR1

I have gone full blown Gripmas elf and I will try to have a picture up later of some toys.

A couple questions -

1 what's your bodyweight?

2. It's not all that impressive if you had to use 21 hands :)

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JHenze646
44 minutes ago, climber511 said:

A couple questions -

1 what's your bodyweight?

2. It's not all that impressive if you had to use 21 hands :)

At that time, I was 213.

on a board about grip training with tons of weird words and acronyms, autocorrect still changes things to even weirder words.🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jvance
10 hours ago, JHenze646 said:

I had every intention of having a good long session but the forecast said the rain was coming and I had projects to finish outside before the down pour started. I didn’t make it through the projects completely. I have three that require sanding and finishing. And I lined up three more projects while I was working!!!

Get your Sunday started(5pm)

i see patterns a lot of times in people’s training. I used to point things out to Brent when we would grip regularly.  I noticed a few things in a few peoples training that I will be incorporating into my training. 

Thick bar work- KV Method (Kapusta-Vance)

4-1/4 handle to 75, thumbless to 90, pinned to 125

2.5 crusher to 125

2 incher to 165

2x70D, then Hexabastard in BBWs - the kink was hard but yielded easily the rest of the way. PR.

I don't even know my method... enlighten me sir 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JHenze646
44 minutes ago, jvance said:

I don't even know my method... enlighten me sir 

Oh, you know! 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JHenze646

The week in review 

nothing remarkable occurred this week training wise. I made an unwise attempt at a shiny that went nowhere. I am listening to an audio book by Dan John which helped with some ideas and reinforcement of some things I forgot I knew.

sunday

i made a last ditch attempt at the April rolls wrist roller challenge but with the extra work shifts, I didn’t have the energy. I did a series of blob/blockweight loads to a platform and plate pinches. I did 3trips with 100 per hand on my farmers🤞And a tabata set of push presses/thrusters with the empty bar - interesting 

At my work now we are given gloves to protect our hands and told to mark them so they don’t get wasted. I draw on mine.

67794F96-56B5-49E7-A210-1D8F769661AF.thumb.jpeg.1d904a24cd4815826bb94e65c9936686.jpeg

Thanks for reading my log.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×