Buy The Ticket, Take The Ride

JHenze646

Bar & rolling handle hangs, IM hub, Finger ext., dc1, Dpl1 attempt., spike attempt.

Did atlas stones. First time in awhile. Felt so good.

0902162133.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, JHenze646 said:

1 hand cowbell

download (1).jpg

• Like 3

Josh, were you serious?  You seriously never saw that SNL skit?

tragic!

3 hours ago, richcottrell said:

Josh, were you serious?  You seriously never saw that SNL skit?

tragic!

What is this "SNL" that you speak of?

No, seriously. I don't watch much television and when I do its usually kids shows.

I don't have children or anything. I just really like claymation and puppets.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Deadlifts, stones, and reverse bending

I did the bends to the left and to the right but cut the head off an odd number of nails. I bent the final 60D out in front of my body(heslop?).

49 days til Gripmas

• 2 weeks later...

1.  that's totally sick!

2.  That drop block on the ground looks exactly like the Manna-Nuff.  Very cool.

15 hours ago, anwnate said:

1.  that's totally sick!

2.  That drop block on the ground looks exactly like the Manna-Nuff.  Very cool.

This one is more scrap art. It's supposed to be a blob. The discs are suppose to look like plates. The proportions are all skewed. Its what I had though.

Reversed a few 60D nails and hit light blockweight lifts last night.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, JHenze646 said:

This one is more scrap art. It's supposed to be a blob. The discs are suppose to look like plates. The proportions are all skewed. Its what I had though.

Reversed a few 60D nails and hit light blockweight lifts last night.

After blowing the pic up, I think I see the blob's rounded edges.  

The discs look exactly like a pair of pinched plates.  It's freakin amazing.  I love the 5 dimes and thick handled dumbbell.  Super creative.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, JHenze646 said:

Training in general has been really awful the past few months. I am not sure how to turn it around.

Are you training what you want to do?  Or...what your body wants to do.  Every time I've stagnated, it's been because I've developed serious imbalances.  Just a thought.

Training in general has been really awful the past few months.

I have been fighting some sort of sinus stuff the last week+.

But hey, Gripmas is coming.

I clamped together two 45's to use as a 2hp. It was the first time hitting these in a while. I worked up to what I am calling 84 kg for a single and then did some technique work. Skin needs toughened.

For Gripmas, I am hoping to accomplish the following.

Get there. - this one is crucial, everything else depends on this

Hang out with everyone I can. 

Not worry about any of my numbers since training or the lack of has been soo very bad.

In other news, I have decided to refocus my efforts. Did I mention that training has been bad?

One portion(pun intended) of this is to increase my bodyweight. The road to 250 lbs starts here. 

Starting bodyweight 224. It's all ice cream and sausages from here on out!

• Like 2

Hit BP and blockweights on Monday. 

Since training has been bad, I thought I should try a different program but which one? The universe heard my plea and a House of Biceps newsletter landed in my in box. Sure, I will give it a go.

Squats and Crusher. Crusher felt ok but missed a PR. Hit some super ugly cheat reps on my 64kg bell to prep for Gracie.

I am trying to construct a good argument for purchasing more steel to make a cine pinch. "It for science!" might not cut it...

Onward!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

This is going to be really random.

Gripmas was last weekend. It was a good time. So many people were not able to make the trip but it was good to see those that did. There is never enough time to spend with everybody.  I don't really want to do a trip report. There are others who write much better who's insight is much more profound. I will leave it to them to recount. However here are a few random rememberances.I started the drive over a little late and was nervous whether I would get there in time. I was greeted right inside the door by Rich C. I was surprised that so few had made it to the comp and that I was now in 105 with Paul Knight. Mr. Rice's gym is a constantly evolving and amazing place. My 2hp is rusty. I missed easy weights. I should have practiced more. I may have left a few pounds off on my Reverse bend and tips tester but Pr's. The medley was confusing. There were many great performances. Reverse bending is horrible on my shoulders. See you next Gripmas.

Back to training log.

Even though workouts are submaximal the sets are wearing on my shoulder after Gripmas. Sitting at a desk all day is like death. Winter is cold. Skipped a workout due to the cold and shoulder. I have not been able to maintain the diet. I continue to try to eat better and added a few pounds. The protein is the hard part.

I am working on setting a few goals and soon I will be thinking out the coming year.

Yes i have both the formal and the casual Bowtie. The casual ( black )   could be worn for longer periods during the day. The formal ( red ) should be used during your warm up. The Bowtie pulls you into and teaches you good position. It will save your rotator cuffs and labrums.