Buy The Ticket, Take The Ride

JHenze646

Lol.  Well...you start working squats about 100lbs past my max. With a bad back and wonky heart...I just haven't been able to work them.  

About your objectivity...since it's not negative... I'll have to say you certainly are a tough critic. ;)

14 hours ago, KRC said:

Also those 70d's sound brutal.  

This is the furthest I have moved one. I am going to put it in a vise today and make sure they don't snap. I probably should have done that first.

0316160954-1.jpg

• Like 4

Wednesday

P.clean and P.press up to 195x2, facepulls

Clean pulls, Bp, rear flyes, tri. ext., curls, and club swings.

DO bends IMP 60Dx2, 5/16 plated, 5/16 G2, BBW O-1 19/64 DR - the link was a fight due to flexibility but I worked it down after that. I am not a big fan of DR and this is the first piece of this I bent. It has been hanging out for 2 years or so.

Why did the tomato blush...

It saw the salad dressing. Ta-da...

0316162011-1.jpg

Friday

Deads 385 2x5, block pulls 425x5, 1 hand deads 225, 245xR

Squats & back ext.

Deads felt slow and weak. Sitting at a desk sucks the life right out of me and my back.

A dyslexic man walks into a bra.

Sunday

Sp 130 5x2 pull ups 5x6

I tried to get warmed up and lift and stay focused. It did not work. When I woke this morning my shoulder, hip, and low back were painful. I tried to get through it and some other stuff to no avail. I called it. Next week is a deload anyway.

Since my "workout" was finished, I thought I would take a nap. Hoping that would help my shoulder calm down. I had a series of nightmares. Each one building on the last one. The final one was of bugs crawling on my face and being strangled by the blankets in my bed. I am not afraid of bugs but the feeling of being strangled was very real. I knew I was dreaming but I couldn't wake up. When I felt I could no longer breathe, I finally woke. I gathered myself and walked into the other room to discover only 35 minutes had passed since I laid down. So refreshing...

No jokes today.

45 minutes ago, JHenze646 said:

Sunday

Sp 130 5x2 pull ups 5x6

I tried to get warmed up and lift and stay focused. It did not work. When I woke this morning my shoulder, hip, and low back were painful. I tried to get through it and some other stuff to no avail. I called it. Next week is a deload anyway.

Since my "workout" was finished, I thought I would take a nap. Hoping that would help my shoulder calm down. I had a series of nightmares. Each one building on the last one. The final one was of bugs crawling on my face and being strangled by the blankets in my bed. I am not afraid of bugs but the feeling of being strangled was very real. I knew I was dreaming but I couldn't wake up. When I felt I could no longer breathe, I finally woke. I gathered myself and walked into the other room to discover only 35 minutes had passed since I laid down. So refreshing...

No jokes today.

Sounds like your body is telling you it's ready for deload week, and you should listen to it. Rest it and don't push through weakness and pain unless it feels good. 

Also those nightmares sound horrid.

2 minutes ago, Anthony C. said:

I came for a joke.

Disappointed.

Lol.  I was going to say the same thing, decided not to...but now that is out in the open.  Me too. :)

• Like 3

Deload Tuesday

Squats, presses, pull ups, and deadlifts. I did a few light sets of each with squats and deads feeling more in the groove than the past few weeks. We will see on Friday(test day).

And the joke...

What do you call a fish with no legs?

A fish. Ta-da...

• Like 1

Friday

Squat 325,340,355x1

SP 155,170,185x0

Deads 425,445x1

After 10 weeks of training, there was a several pound decline on all lifts.

If you're ever cold, stand in a corner for a few minutes. They are usually around 90 degrees...

Josh how was your diet the last ten weeks? I know when I'm not eating enough calories my strength good way down

11 hours ago, Tom Scibelli said:

Josh how was your diet the last ten weeks? I know when I'm not eating enough calories my strength good way down

There was a few days here and there that weren't good with food and sleep but in general it was good.

• Like 1

Cool log and it shows the struggle is real. Been reading this for a while. Keep it up!

From Friday

So I pull the majority of my deadlifts DO. It was a shame I wasn't stronger on this day because my grip felt solid.

• Like 2

On 3/26/2016 at 8:26 AM, Geralt said:

Cool log and it shows the struggle is real. Been reading this for a while. Keep it up!

Thank you. I hope to make it to Nate's event when you are stateside and meet you. All the best.

• Like 1

Another fun Sunday

On a whim I decided to hit grippers.

50x20,60x10, 90x8, 109x5, 120x2, 129x1, 136x1, 143 Lx1 Rx0

The outside of my forearms start knoting up immediately when I started to work into the double/singles. It was so bad I couldn't close the last single.

Hmm, grippers...

Crusher

115x4, 115 Rx6 Lx2,1, 2, 1 R a 125

Blockweights - tosses, cleans, hulas, figure 8s

Stones

190x1, 220x2, 190 3x3

I tried to pop the stones up but am out of practice.

Did you hear about the new corduroy pillows? They’re making headlines everywhere!

Ta-da...

QuickMemo+_2016-03-27-11-53-39-1.png

It seems like my desire is always greater than my capacity. I have looked over the calender and crunched the numbers a dozen times. I just won't be able to do many events this year, one, maybe two games and maybe one grip comp. I keep trying to figure out a way around it but aside from hitting the lottery...

With consideration to this year's schedule, training is going to go on the back burner for sometime while I work on some other things.

Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like bananas.

• Like 1

Tuesday

Finger ext. & sledge finger walks

Standing behind the back wrist curls

Iso 45's pinch

What is the difference between a hippo and a Zippo?

The hippo is heavy. The Zippo is a little lighter. Ta-da...

• Like 1

Thursday

Using a slow linear progression on squats, presses, and deadlifts for a few week.

Finger ext., sledge finger walks

DO bending IMP 60dx2, 5/16 plated, Bastard for speed for fun

And since opening day is soon...

Shout “out” to baseball players who get three strikes.

• Like 1

Just in case you didn't see it elsewhere, here is the speed Bastard from Friday.

I tried to get it in 15 seconds. the two gripper crushes were after the fact. It was probably really close to 2 before and was well under after.

I need to rebuild my kink technique.

On 3/16/2016 at 10:17 PM, anwnate said:

Im always a little amused when people are bummed while doing things I likely will never be able to do. ;)  

This is how I feel taking to you about bending.

1 hour ago, JHenze646 said:

This is how I feel taking to you about bending.

LOL.  Not the truth...but I'll take the compliment.  Thanks!

BTW...nice job on the Bastard, and...poor job on leaving out the joke of the day. ;)

Another Fun Sunday

Squat, press, and deadlift

Finger ext. & sledge finger walk

Added a Dc0 to the chain

Crusher worked up to 125x1

35's pinch hold R 14&10 count L 14&15 count

I saw a video on the strongman archaeology group on FB where James Fuller was doing continental snatches. I tried a few at 115 lbs to get the feel but didn't have time to mess around further.

Jokes are reserved for training updates.

How do you get holy water?
Boil the hell out of it.

0403161339.jpg