Buy The Ticket, Take The Ride

JHenze646

Training has been bad but as part of the plan, I hope to run to the post office once a week. If I have your address, consider this your warning.

Boo

Yes 

• 3 months later...

Spider relocation medley 

load entire gym from garage into truck, rest 36 min, the load entire gym from truck to garage

repeat for set two with furniture 

highlights from the first set were the “crate of chains” and moving the opportunity bin(my metal scrap bin of unknown weight)

No PRs can be claimed during set 2 as Brent assisted. “It’s all you, Bro!”

Apparently the stories of Brent’s demise were wildly exaggerated and mostly untrue.  Although he did partially sever his leg with a rusty filing cabinet so it’s only a matter of time before the blood loss and ensuing infection overcome his will to live.

• Like 4

Did you move? Or was this renovation just so you could do some extermination? 

Despite my ongoing physical ailment and current life chaos, I decided to sign up for the East Ohio Grip Championship. It’s just too close not to go. I expect my lifts to be horrendous but am going to be doing a little GTG training the next two weeks to hopefully let me get on the board in all events at the comp. Here goes nothing.

59AD2C8B-CC62-4404-81F7-D3BEAF14B6F7.thumb.jpeg.be43ef94549ecac1cf853388c3ff84e0.jpeg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Well I couldn’t make the contest. Despite my best efforts everything keeps getting further and further behind schedule. I am told this phenomenon is called life. I will just have to keep struggling.

The idea for the new gym space needs reworked. Although my equipment will technically fit, there isn’t enough room for it to actually function.  The squat rack would work but you won’t be able to get past it... Squat stands would fit near the wall but where would I bench... am I going to sit on a bench or the floor to press... I might need a platform for grip items... I think I am going to lift stones outside... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, JHenze646 said:

The idea for the new gym space needs reworked. Although my equipment will technically fit, there isn’t enough room for it to actually function.  

hold on a grip second batman...,
you were supposed to "Unite the Force".
Remember?  You were helping me "re- imagine" my own basement office into my a proper grip gym, and now your admitting your not even able to get your own ducks in a row?

8 hours ago, richcottrell said:

hold on a grip second batman...,
you were supposed to "Unite the Force".
Remember?  You were helping me "re- imagine" my own basement office into my a proper grip gym, and now your admitting your not even able to get your own ducks in a row?

You are from the wrong end of the state. I would not expect you to understand.

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

New Year, New Me

i have set up my gym space and have tried to get a lifting schedule going. It’s mostly been light weights  but I got to start somewhere. 

I have decided that I need to get rid of quite a few of my grip items. I don’t really use them and they shouldn’t just rust away. I am going to get them cleaned up and ready for sale. Don’t get the wrong idea I am not stopping Grip training and my blockweights wont be going anywhere. However I do need to make some room so I can make more stuff.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Tonight I am knocking the rust off of a bunch of stuff including these items in preparation to sell them. So to anyone reading this, do you think raw steel(pic) or painted would sell better?F285C0B7-C654-4A37-997D-DBA9B894F343.thumb.jpeg.d6367519f90babd4cb24068fdedeec01.jpeg

btw, I am still lifting but it’s pitiful.

• Like 1

I partial to raw steel myself. Pitiful lifting is still lifting. Glad to hear you're still at it!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JHenze646 said:

Perpetually starting over lifting. I ordered some supplies for a future goal.

A singular goal?

• Like 1

I just caught up with your log.  Hope the health issues are resolving theirselves! 

40 by 40 list - if you look over my various lists you will see some of everything - from bodyweight goals to Kettlebell goals - to whole body lifts like squat, bench, and Deads to bending and associated grip feats - Highland Game numbers - Concept 2 rowing numbers - you name it, it belongs on your goals list.  It's not a 40 feats only list - it can have a hundred items on it - you just have to complete 40 things off the list to say you did it.  Make some of the goals stupid easy and then bump them up after you do them (or just forget them or whatever).  Make most goals challenging but doable on a good day after training it for a while.  Make a few that would be personal bests if done.  And have a few you consider impossible - you just never know.

Now get better and get busy :) 

On 2/8/2020 at 12:07 PM, climber511 said:

Now get better and get busy :) 

Unfortunately I will be working more on getting healed than accomplishing any goals by the time 40 rolls around. Maybe next year I can work on a list of items. 

• Like 1

Injuries take a lot out of you and it’s not always just what’s injured. It took the joy and desire of training away from me. Even though I am not yet healed I want the joy back. I lost the ability to “heart” shoes and almost to bend them entirely. I hope to take that back and plan to heart 40 shoes by my 40th in several weeks. They are super easy shoes for now.

92BF6B44-7D43-476E-BA39-ADB8F3F5A2BC.thumb.jpeg.198f903a632a280823be771650dda049.jpeg

3 down...

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, JHenze646 said:

Injuries take a lot out of you and it’s not always just what’s injured. It took the joy and desire of training away from me. Even though I am not yet healed I want the joy back. I lost the ability to “heart” shoes and almost to bend them entirely. I hope to take that back and plan to heart 40 shoes by my 40th in several weeks. They are super easy shoes for now.

92BF6B44-7D43-476E-BA39-ADB8F3F5A2BC.thumb.jpeg.198f903a632a280823be771650dda049.jpeg

3 down...

Great goal Josh! I am excited to see you bending!

• Like 1

Good to see you bending Josh. Injuries really suck. I have had way too many of them. I hope we compete together again in the future and I will kick your ass again just like old times 😁

Edited by Chez
  • Like 2

I am up to 20 of 40 on the horseshoe hearts. I bend every session right now because the shoes are so easy. I do well with frequency and short cycles of intensity. That’s the plan for now. I have plenty of time to get all forty as my deadline is around Easter.

Quite a few projects are on hold till the warmer weather arrives. Many large furniture items that need restoration are occupying space in the gym area and gym items are backed out into the shop. I also need warmer weather for painting the pieces headed to MI.EFBDAC0F-A43D-45AE-B194-AFC51E8F4A0D.thumb.jpeg.399279677d0f7a26148e1c9c7f4d03fa.jpeg

I mainly work on organizing projects, shelves, cabinets, tool stands, etc. but try to keep some time open for learning activities.

Training is mostly light as in squats x bar for three sets. Hopefully slow consistency leads to progress. 

@Andrew Dube I will have to check out that “Power of Less” book. I try to read a book a month as well.

• Like 1