Buy The Ticket, Take The Ride

JHenze646

This past week I lifted on Monday and Wednesday but just some easy work on squats, bench, and some accessories. My only grip work was the blockweight feats which was more than enough. 

Fortunately I was able to make it to the Last Gripmas yesterday. Although I arrived late and wasn’t able to compete, it was really good to be there.

Training related Gripmas details

Andrew’s Axle - up to 302x1, 308 x Fail - training is working but there is lots of work to do.

Inch dumbbell medley - 150 x fail (repeatedly) - walked upstairs and lifted Gracie(146) easily multiple times - I need more accurate training here. I got a bunch of tips from Mr. Pantke and was informed on the the details of the “Fat Bastardized Thickbar Program”*.

I also missed multiple attempts on the Heller blob and the Mannanuff, although  I hadn’t done any specific preparation to attempt either.

Merry Gripmas everyone!!!

*top secret

• Like 3

Tuesday

Db thrusters - 2 sets of ~4 min resting when needed

FG deads 245 5x2

Fat Bastardized Thickbar protocol 100# inch trainer - absolutely brutal

I can’t wait to get the written program, @Andrew P.

70552B9B-FBE5-413A-A4A6-7FFF609B1649.thumb.jpeg.bee957e5766237a63597089b5df5c132.jpeg

I also picked up this sweet Scope trainer while at Gripmas. Ain’t nobody gonna break this circle now!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, JHenze646 said:

Tuesday

Db thrusters - 2 sets of ~4 min resting when needed

FG deads 245 5x2

Fat Bastardized Thickbar protocol 100# inch trainer - absolutely brutal

I can’t wait to get the written program, @Andrew P.

70552B9B-FBE5-413A-A4A6-7FFF609B1649.thumb.jpeg.bee957e5766237a63597089b5df5c132.jpeg

I also picked up this sweet Scope trainer while at Gripmas. Ain’t nobody gonna break this circle now!

My kids immediately took off with my half-2 blob and I don't know where it is.  Probably behind the couch or under someones bed, or they fed it to the dog.  Such a cool and thoughtful grip item.  

• Like 1

You got me. Did you get the Word doc in messenger? 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Recap post.

Monday is Tuesday, Wednesday is Thursday, and Sundays are fun again.

thurs.

Sq. 225x10, dead 315x5, bp 185x mess

1 hour of blockweight feat attempts. Literally 1 hour of attempts, like an attempt at one of several various feats every thirty seconds.

Another Fun Sunday!

Sq 185 5x5, pull up +15 5 sets, Bp 135 5x10

1 hour of blockweight feat attempts. I only achieved the behind the back blob toss. And missed lots and lots of attempts very very closely.

tues.

db thrusters 2 sets

FG dead’s 255 11x2

Fat Bastardized Thickbar program 100 freedom unit Inch trainer 3 sets

AC25CD0A-1CF8-42F3-A3DB-50274EAD1A1B.thumb.png.639dd4853c56d09b1ed85076b54e2773.png

There might be a reason I am not good at grippers...

• Like 5

Thurs.

sq. 235x10, bp 185x10, deads 350x(5) rebuild PR, wrist curls 125 5x5

i haven’t recorded deadlifts in a long time but it’s about time. I am going to make every set count...

• Like 4

Deadlifts look smooth and speedy! Won't be long before you're setting new lifetime PRs!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JHenze646 said:

Thurs.

sq. 235x10, bp 185x10, deads 350x(5) rebuild PR, wrist curls 125 5x5

i haven’t recorded deadlifts in a long time but it’s about time. I am going to make every set count...

The correct spelling of my name is Broussardonovitchian.  :)

• Like 1

Another Fun Sunday

Sq 190 5x5, pull ups +10 x8,8,7,5,5, bp140 5x10

Grprs 30mm block GHP6 (129 RGC) 5x1, 109 RGC 3x3

A few quick blob lifts. I still need to snag 3 more blockweight feats before the end of the month. It’s gonna be down to the last minutes.

I stopped and saw Brent today. He gave me some sweet new art supplies!

DEE024C0-B6D1-4E43-9896-905ED6375DD9.thumb.jpeg.19e7a72b28b2104ac370566f6aa8b328.jpeg

• Like 3

Tues.

i spent the day in the car or sitting on a couch. These are like the worst possible things for me to do health wise. Happy Holidays everyone!

Thurs.

sq 240x10, dead 355x5, Bp 190x10

my hands were fresh(read less beat down) so I endeavored at a few blockweight feats. I snagged two. I have one more to get but need to be outside to do so. Fingers crossed for Sunday.

In the bent steel from Brent were several horseshoes bent to various degrees including some SCF UL. I have set these aside so that I can help them complete their journey.

B0162CEA-00A8-45CF-AAD2-D0C16FECE627.thumb.png.79e47ce70b883343de4c4c75ff6d0769.png

Anytime I send out a package, I almost always include a note. It’s important and as the year draws to an end, I can think of no better closing then to write a few notes. I can only hope that the new year starts well for those who will receive them.

• Like 2

Sunday

sq 195 5x5, pull-ups +10 5x5, bp 142 5x10

no blockweight feats. I couldn’t muster the energy 

tues.

Db thrusters 45 2 sets

This months Reddit challenge is a Gripsport total

grippers CCS 109 rgc

2hp 165ish

axle 290

Wow... the rest of the year can only go up from here because that was absolute garbage.

Edited by JHenze646
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, JHenze646 said:

Wow... the rest of the year can only go up from here because that was absolute garbage.

You bought the ticket, now you just gotta take the ride. 

• Like 1

On 1/1/2019 at 8:00 PM, Adam Juncker said:

You bought the ticket, now you just gotta take the ride. 

Unfortunately bad days happen. I try to keep upbeat about it as illustrated below.

“When things go wrong, don't go with them.”

― Elvis Presley

For clarification, I use that quote all the time at work but I didnt know it was from Elvis. Me: “He really is everywhere!”

Edited by JHenze646
  • Like 1

Thurs. 

sq 245 x10, dead’s 355x5, bp 195x10

grps 30mm bs R x 136 L x F, 2hp 140x1*, Fat Grip deads 315x1*

wrist curls 125 3x5

*There is something wonky going on here.

Thanks for reading my log!

• Like 5

I love your mere 140lbs euro lift - it makes you seem approachable to us humans - the fat grips 315lbs is another matter - I'm gonna make some videooooooooooooooooos

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Anton.Torrella said:

I love your mere 140lbs euro lift - it makes you seem approachable to us humans - the fat grips 315lbs is another matter - I'm gonna make some videooooooooooooooooos

If you count the plates in the video, it’s not 140. I think my barbell is bent or bending making the FG deads much easier than they should be.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Regroup.

So I missed a couple log updates but that doesn’t matter now. I will be rehabbing a lower body issue for the near future and will be grip training by feel til it gets all sorted out. It’s nothing serious. Just another set back.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, JHenze646 said:

Regroup.

So I missed a couple log updates but that doesn’t matter now. I will be rehabbing a lower body issue for the near future and will be grip training by feel til it gets all sorted out. It’s nothing serious. Just another set back.

Sorry to hear that dude. Hope you recover soon 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 1/1/2019 at 8:58 PM, JHenze646 said:

Unfortunately bad days happen. I try to keep upbeat about it as illustrated below.

“When things go wrong, don't go with them.”

― Elvis Presley

For clarification, I use that quote all the time at work but I didnt know it was from Elvis. Me: “He really is everywhere!”

Hadn't seen that video since it first came out!  I saw those guys perform in Washington, D.C. in 1990.  Hole in the wall bar.  Very fun and entertaining!

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, JHenze646 said:

Just a Anvil Stub lift for the BSS leaderboards. I am hoping to catch the bottom of the list.

Always good to shoot for the stars.

• Haha 1

So there has been a total lack of workouts for the most part. I feel so limited in what I can do I didn’t do anything at all. I did force myself into the gym one night.

Thurs. 

Deads 135 - 365x2 20 lb. jumps 

strangely with my laundry list of current ailments, this lift is unaffected...

Bench 135-245x2 20lb. jumps

stublife.

I just realized that in a little over a year I will be Masters age. I gotta work on my 40by40 list. Any suggestions?

Also I need to get my body weight sorted out for Living Legends so I will be posting my food lists for a good and bad day. Hopefully posting this will help me see a few things. And maybe someone else will notice something I am not.

thanks for reading my log and I always appreciate your responses/comments!

• Like 2

Food log

Down day

breakfast

two cup coffee and bag of gas station Carmel popcorn 

*driving

Luna protein bar

3 oz. cashews, 2 bananas, 2 more cups of coffee

lunch

3 beef tacos with two avocados, some water and another cup of coffee

diner

2lb. Chuck roast  steak, 2 zucchini’s with peppers and onions

Premium Bourbon 

24ECA193-8F7A-41A7-B928-D39545AC75EE.thumb.jpeg.25106d0081e1eb20bd525c5dcedcc301.jpeg

*foot for scale

Up day

Breakfast

3 egg omelette with peppers and onions 

4 cups coffee with milk and sugar

2nd breakfast

4 oz steak and can of peaches in heavy syrup 

mid-morning snack

Survival sandwich- 4 oz chicken breast, half jalapeño, mayonnaise, on corn tortilla

lunch

chicken breast in mushroom gravy over rice (5 cups)

sweet iced tea 1 L

classroom dinner

8 oz hot sausage sandwich with 4 oz cheese and mustard

gatorade

late night

peanuts in the shell

Premium Bourbon

D3FF71C7-9D26-4ABE-9419-5A1B858A0B36.thumb.jpeg.92d6cbbd37eb3af0744779728d604d95.jpeg

Right now I weigh in at 215. However that might be water weight from the hours spent driving. I also anticipate losing several lbs once the weather allows for conditioning again.

From looking it over, I can tell right away that I need an afternoon snack added in there.

And before anyone says anything about my caffeine consumption... don’t.

• Like 2

I'll look over this in more detail tomorrow, but a few questions:

1. How much does this represent a typical day? I'm wondering if has station Carmel corn is a regular item Haha.

2. Are the up days training days? Are you intentionally cycling calories?

3. I seem to recall you are gluten free and this log would confirm that. Do you have any other food restrictions?

4. Related to question one, do you meal prep and/or make the same few dishes  over and over?

5. That's a lot of coffee, I hope you have a local roaster you like ;)