Buy The Ticket, Take The Ride

JHenze646

Wednesday 

weigh in: 205 freedom units

rev/hypers and  hipwork to warmup

squats 192 3x10 rebuild PR - clawing my way out of the pit42A9ACD2-2B4B-4163-BA81-61324092FBD4.thumb.jpeg.ed58f453ad0d3f2619f0449b5a11b3e9.jpeg

Bw lunges, hip thrusts, and rack pulls w/ fatgrips 

finger curls 75 3x10

Edited by JHenze646
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Dude...I'll buy you an extra beer if I can get you to turn the radio off before filming. 

It was extremely difficult to make out.

If you are interested in gripper gains...I'd consider training grippers once every two weeks only...using higher end grippers (read step up) to destroy your hands...then just let them recover. 

There is just soooo much we gotta train for...and it's hard to improve on grippers with inadequate rest.

LOL   BTW...my SSNW has nothing specifically to do with legends beyond that it is gripcentric.  

• Like 2

Sorry about the sound on the video. It sounded normal while uploading.

Thurs.

pullups BW 3x11, band assist 3x10 - time to start adding weight

bent rows, shrugs, and facepulls 

wrist pro/sup, rev/curls

tri’s and bi’s, bro!

• Like 1

I want to know more about that steel bar on your power rack. I don’t think I have seen you post bending stuff recently. Are you braced bending?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Donc101 said:

I want to know more about that steel bar on your power rack. I don’t think I have seen you post bending stuff recently. Are you braced bending?

That is the 1/2 round bar I am going to snap. It is in a waiting period along with my horseshoes. I have to get in a little better shape before I start back up.

• Like 1

Friday.

Here is a picture of a screw jack I made to help my cheap drill press be more accurate. Yes, yes, it is magical.D82AB303-A47E-4DDE-A605-3CF30D1884C4.thumb.jpeg.6c4e79dffe453879f4f2f82212df2802.jpeg

now that your mind is bedazzled let me discuss the boring run

the park has a walking path made of asphalt that can be roughly jogged into a loop. Two trips around the loop took about 10 min. So I will need to do 3 laps moving forward. Med ball throw and jumps plus bonus fun!

As an aging adult(am I really an adult 🤔) I think it’s important to try new things just for the novelty of it sometimes. No one in their right mind would pay me to be an athlete and the world won’t end if I don’t achieve my athletic aspirations. Let’s face it I am here to enjoy myself in training, sport, and competition.  Now on to the bonus fun.

the park has “exercise stations” and according to this one, I am an intermediate.

588BD94F-5039-4BE9-AE91-95539A080C7A.thumb.jpeg.5d1533423764a6931e4b73107a5b897e.jpeg

And this was some kind of jump station that I repurposed.

Shop note: I have an Art project on my bench right now that I am very excited about. I generally don’t tell anybody about what I am working on aside from Nate(I consider Nate an investing partner) and sometimes if the project is a gift I never tell anyone. If the recipient wants to share it that is their business since it was made for them. I actually have quite a few projects on the horizon now and I think they are gonna be very exciting. Stay tuned.

Have a great Friday everybody and Thanks for reading my log!

• Like 2

A humans gotta braciate!

• Like 1

Get your Monday started!

Sometimes you have to redouble your efforts to reach your goals.

“Success comes in cans not can’ts.”

Edited by JHenze646
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Monday

seated press 115 5x5 - I need to clear room so I can press inside again, winter is coming.

Bp 157 3x10

block weights up to 90york, hops on the right, +2lbs left

incline dbp, bottoms up kB press, axe chops and leg raises. Two trips around the world with 45’s.

Edited by JHenze646
  • Like 1

Wednesday 

weigh-in 208 Freedom Units

rev/hyper, Squat 205 w/ sleeves and belt 2x10 rebuild PR

lunges, calf raises, hipwork

As with arms it’s unusual for me to do consistent direct calf work. My calves always got bigger as I did lower body work. It should be interesting to see how this works.

finger curls, single hand setup 80 3x10

and as instructed by coach @barbe705 inch-trainer holds 100x3

Edited by JHenze646
  • Like 2

Good to see you training again dude.

• Like 1

Thursday 

well, I missed the workout for Thursday.

Friday

walk a lap, run three laps, walk a lap on the park path. This park lacks the excitement, a.k.a. Spiders, of the other park but its only a few minutes from the house.

i skipped medball and jumps in favor of getting in some strength training.

pullup Bw+5 4x7

rev/wrist curls 3x10

side note: The wife and I visited an art market over the weekend. I saw an absolutely genius idea that I am going to have to steal. Stay tuned.

Edited by JHenze646
  • Like 1

Monday

SP 120 5x5, Bp 160 3x10, oap, incline Dp, Rear laterals, face pulls, band pull aparts, axe chops, and leg raises

york37 loaded to 23” 3x5, 1hp 35’s 1x3 - on the second set something in my right thumb pinched so I shut it down. After a few minutes it felt fine so maybe it was just a weird angle.

Wednesday 

weigh in - 204 freedom units 

I woke up sore in all the wrong places and I tried a few different things to loosen up to no avail. 

Rev-hypers, finger curls to 80 x10, squat to 135 x10

i started reading a thread here on the board. I stopped what I was doing and wrote a lengthy and somewhat detailed reply. After proofreading my reply, I realize it was mostly opinion and my personal values and It would not affect any change whatsoever. I deleted it before posting and instantly regretted wasting my valuable gym time.

i stood there for a few moments watching the paint dry and trying to figure out what I am doing.4AAA6895-6EA7-47F1-9B0A-A4C47F48312B.thumb.jpeg.833b06cd58130621133d740571a6647f.jpeg

As I went back to lifting I thought about the possibility of re-injury. This is not a good spot mentally to be trying to rebuild from. I called it.

Came home from work. Eat tuna. Push ups and V2 closes.

Thursday

Pull ups +5 4x8

i couldn’t tell you what else I did today. I was in the gym for 2 hours mostly staring off into space unable to focus.

“You can’t connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. ” - Steve J.

41 minutes ago, JHenze646 said:

Thursday

Pull ups +5 4x8

i couldn’t tell you what else I did today. I was in the gym for 2 hours mostly staring off into space unable to focus.

“You can’t connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. ” - Steve J.

Love that quote. Awesome speech he gave at that graduation which I still watch at times.

Friday

20220EFB-21ED-4D57-9DFE-68812A9E945E.thumb.jpeg.14aefa6009226f949c1767d2fc83a9a7.jpeg

path run - walk a lap, jog 3 laps, walk a lap 

i have been working at the paint shop this week so this felt awful like my lungs are congested.

med ball throws and jumps.

shop note: I just have to get  one thing figured out.

F2B4013E-D92B-4B6D-B517-3700896BCF15.thumb.jpeg.1ba85acb0acf41fcaf662351a82d9c99.jpeg2B080667-E1C2-4708-98A0-CB26784165B1.thumb.jpeg.5aa11ecdcfcfb180c51f1bb1f70b966c.jpeg56F1CBDC-A658-4E12-98F6-6A0B79C88B5B.thumb.jpeg.c6221a196358b55f2da0e5bd50f42623.jpeg

Edited by JHenze646
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Monday, the start of Grip-tober

finger walks, finger curls 80 3x8, rev. hyper

squat 225x10 rebuild PR

blockweights up to York90 L x 5 singles R x 4 singles (Pr-ish)

Deadlifts 225 x 5 Rebuild PR

calf raises, lunges, 45’s around the world x 3

P.m.

V2 closes

• Like 1

Thursday 

today’s workout was a mess.

pullups +10 4x8

wrist curls 115 3x10, standing wrist curls 135 3x10

Sp 125 5x5 (easy)

bent rows & shrugs

yep that was all I could manage in 2+ hours but on a positive note my father stopped by and dropped off a sledgehammer (10#).

p.m. Jameson, peanuts, v2 closes and rock ring hangs

every day in October I am going to try to get some gripper closes in. So far I have got some V2 work in at night no matter how bad I feel. I owe it to bring everything, absolutely everything.

“Resolve means promising yourself you’ll never give up”

– Jim Rohn

• Like 2

Friday

Running wasn’t going to happen. I made a little time to squeeze in some weights.

shoulder laterals, tricep ext. , and curls

Grippers MMS worked up to GHP 5(109) 3 singles each hand

p.m. Rock ring hangs

• Like 3

I got at least a few closes on the V2 and rock ring hangs everyday over the weekend.

monday

rev. hyper, finger curls/walks/ext.

squats 205 2x10, 35’s pinch 5x2, calf raises, Fg dead’s 245 2x5, sit-ups, Bw lunges

grprs up to ghp 6 x fail, 64kg bell x 1

the deads feel awesome. It’s hard to hold back.

B36C570A-1B67-48E0-A6AE-DFFE044DA245.thumb.jpeg.5300ffc587412ee8be6b3f668ed81141.jpeg

A little light reading. 

I asked the day time machinist if there were any resources or books he could recommend on machining basics or project layout. This is what he lent me. When I thanked him, he said he was glad to have the “cursed” books out of the house because apparently they had belonged to a machinist he worked with who died in a horrendous accident. 😳

Edited by JHenze646
  • Like 2

Weigh in: 208 freedom units 

I’ve been real tired the last few days, deep down in your bones tired.

Thursday

sp 135 3x5 - easy, pull-ups +10 x8,5,5,6 - not easy*, bp 155 3x10, bent row/shrugs, skulls,rev/curls, kick backs, hammer curl, side/rear laterals, side bends, club swings

wrist - pro/sup, rev/curl, standing curls front/rear lever

grpr up to 129x1

”fatigue masks fitness.”

*this is an indicator lift of general well being.

new opportunities are on the horizon

• Like 3

Training hasnt been happening but I tried to get a few lifts in. After listening to this week in Grip, I decide to check my Flask numbers. A “soft” lift at best.

• Like 2