Buy The Ticket, Take The Ride

JHenze646

Thurs.

reverse hypers, Bw squats, lunges, hip thrust(cheek meat makers)

shoulders and arms felt terrible so 

club swings 6x20

soon I will only be able to make it into the gym once a week but for a good reason.

In the meantime...

CACE3D04-9BB2-439D-AD40-2A4136739B46.thumb.jpeg.64a3bac3cf34112b3117b4a54e7fa281.jpeg

*lowers hood*

• Like 1

Sketching this morning.

(first draft)

E114125F-D461-404D-AB38-AFDFD780A05C.thumb.jpeg.7ea98e09246db6ede025205c31884d3a.jpeg

I really can’t draw and I am not an artist. I do like ideas though and I would like to silk screen some shirts this year.

i also need to start planning my once a week workouts to maximize the effectiveness. My main goals will be to improve my bench and DO bending. 

Do you have any ideas?

Once a week to hit the whole body? Or just a bench/ bending workout once a week? Either way is tough. If you really can only train once a week I would try to do some bodyweight exercises throughout the week grease the groove style. I've done this in the past when I was working lots of overtime. If you get regular breaks at work use that or set an alarm for every 1-2 hours throughout the day and bang out a few squats, pushups and pullups. I found the simplest thing to do was rotate exercises daily. Then I would lift on the weekend with a lower/upper split. I'm interested to see how this works out for you! I know your new endeavor is worth the interruption to your training 😁

@Andrew Dube I have a band in the van and plan on push ups, band pull aparts, and BW squats whenever I can. It will be a once a week, full body day with focus on bench/bending. 

Squat-Bench-Deadlift-Bending 

• Like 1

Okay, you know I love supersets so here's how I'd set up your lifting day:

A1 squats

A2 bending

B1 bench press

B2 deadlift

C1 press variation (OHP, incline, floor press, close grip, etc.) higher reps here

C2 whatever additional wrist work you feel you need (wrist roller, sledge work, pronation and supination, etc) 

Feel free to substitute the deadlift for swings, hip thrusts or whatever other posterior chain (cheek meat) exercise you're working on

Edited by Andrew Dube

6 hours ago, Jörg Keilbach said:

Squat-Bench-Deadlift-Bending 

5 hours ago, Andrew Dube said:

Okay, you know I love supersets so here's how I'd set up your lifting day:

A1 squats

A2 bending

B1 bench press

B2 deadlift

C1 press variation (OHP, incline, floor press, close grip, etc.) higher reps here

C2 whatever additional wrist work you feel you need (wrist roller, sledge work, pronation and supination, etc) 

Feel free to substitute the deadlift for swings, hip thrusts or whatever other posterior chain (cheek meat) exercise you're working on

Thanks, guys.

i miss squats and deadlifts but I am still hurt.  Body weight stuff is about all I can manage. 😢

Sunday

club swings 

light bench and rows

BW axle hold for time, 55, 43, 48

KV method thickbar

1-3/8 x 215, 2x170, crusher x 135, 2.75x 80, 4.25x 55

A4 x 50, 55

D9E20D3B-4B79-46A8-BBB4-C2BCAB60EFF6.jpeg

• Like 1

The last Tuesday fo awhile 

BW axle holds (it was already set up) 3x 20 count

pull up Bw x10, +chain x5

bench 205 5x3

it was supposed to be more but I was super tired 

Db row 70 5x10

Do Bend  a bunch of 60Ds, and a pre-kinked red nail from Adam J. all in Fbbc leathers(for wrapping speed)

2 minutes work on my snap bar - not much excitement, see super tired above.

• Like 2

The Last Thursday of spring

a butt load of cheek meat work

Do Bend Imps x 70D hands were sore but no technique issues  

Note: I have a Hexabastard wrapped and a gripper in the van so I can work kink iso’s and chest crushes thru the week. I gotta keep getting the work in.

Bw Axle hold for time: Bw 203, axle 210 

i cant quite make the minute mark(49 sec) but not for lack of trying.

its all Sunday’s now...

Edited by JHenze646
  • Like 4

Sunday 1

club swings, rev. hypers, and Bw squats

Bw axle holds 3x20 counts, I didn’t have a max hold in me this day

bench up to 225x1 then 175 6x3, pull-up x 10, +20 x 5, OAR 70 5x10

Polo 0 to 180 in new FBBC suede, DO bend SS 1/4sqr, SS 9/32, 70D x fail - I missed the 70D because I attempted it after the first round of arm work and I was just too swole to get it into position. 

Rev. Curls, skulls, curls, and side laterals 3 sets

farmers 100 3 trips

thruster tabata with bar - my squat is improving.

the only thing I couldn’t fit in was blockweight sand wrist curls. Maybe next week.F1BB9277-3726-49AE-A5CD-49B0E6B7AE46.thumb.jpeg.c9c6a53d95daa30c7e7ffd250dc41299.jpeg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, JHenze646 said:

Polo 0 to 180 in new FBBC suede, 

image.png.8ea31c04b414fb97626377279507a903.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I drove to the nearest Menards to get bending stock. (11 hrs driving in a 30 hr period) There are three different batches of 70D nails I have come across so far, two dull finished ones with narrow heads and one super shiny with wide nail heads. On this trip they only had the shiny 70Ds which happen to be the hardest ones(above a red nail beneath a shiny Bastard IME). Without other options I bought a box of Shiny 70Ds. I guess I will have to get stronger. And possibly try a different Menards when I return to the great state of Indiana again. 

I also return home with some 3 in od pipe to continue the rolling handle collection.

• Like 3

The 3 in pipe was a false alarm. After more careful guesstimating, it doesn’t appear to be much larger than the 2.75 handle I already have. The search continues...(I still plan to use it for welding practice though)

Sunday 2(really on Monday but...)

club swings - if you have ever wondered and I haven’t mentioned it before I use my little league baseball bats for this. Seriously, I cut lawns to have enough money to buy these bats.

rev. hypers w/band - this was exhausting

Bw lunges 

at this point I knew I wasn’t in any condition for a good workout and I had to try to simply make it through.

Squat w/bar 5x20, pull-ups Bw x 8, 7

Bench 215 x 3, 185 6x2, OAR 70 5x10

DO bending dull 70D(IMP), shiny 70D(IMP) x fail - yep, super hard, not even a wobble, wobbled Shiny Bastard in BBW x movement, Dull 70D(IMP)

SCF Lite 1 to 90* - I am not quite on my shoe game.

35’s pinch 3x2, blob85 3 x holds(6s)

Rolling KV method

1-3/8 to 220, 2 to 175, crusher to 130, 2.75 to 115, K-size to 60

skulls, curls, and side laterals1C905904-D160-4D4D-9F7D-85156DF2DCDE.thumb.jpeg.82838df074ee1eb3817d249360114e59.jpeg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I didn’t have the opportunity to work today. So I put in a very brief workout.

squats w/ bar, BW pull ups, bench press

Tips tester replica 225 3 x 5

• Like 1

This mornings amusement. This is intended for entertainment purposes only. Enjoy!

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

I am still busy and have only managed a few Sunday workouts of bench, pull ups, and squats the last few weeks. I am looking forward to more regular training in about a month though.

• Like 2

What will Josh come up with???? Who laid down the challenge? I like the background music.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I am thinking that conditioning might help with recovery. 

1.5 mile run - 17 min. Rebuild PR

I am ready to get started.

• Like 3

On 7/14/2018 at 7:53 PM, JHenze646 said:

Cant wait to see!

Sunday

some training including shot rotations and wrist curls.

i heard from TWIG #60 that @MaizelsTrainingHall has been killing it on the face levers and Jedd joked about a three hammer lift. I immediately thought of the lift below. I wonder how much weight  Mr. Maizel can do...

How much can you lift like this?

i am going to be hitting the gym more regularly starting in a few days - so more log updates! I am also going to be including a lot more in my logs like projects, writing, and sketches. I hope it is enetertaining or thought provoking.

Thank you for reading my log.

• Like 3

Lower body work.

there was lots of different movements but with mostly just body weight or not much. With such a long layoff I feel like I need to progress in slowly.

Notable “Grip” exercise.

finger curls 115 3x15

5B1D6C30-CC96-409D-A440-82F78B38BDC6.thumb.jpeg.cbbfe926ec32e9a3cc8ef4595249a4c3.jpeg46FA211B-40D6-4569-ACF3-23CD229A5C41.thumb.jpeg.ed2bb34e44455e552c0649bcdcefe8f4.jpeg

• Like 3