Buy The Ticket, Take The Ride

JHenze646

Thurs.

i did squat supports up to 500 for 12 counts.

filmed some grpr closes.

bent 4 70D nails, starting to find my kink.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, JHenze646 said:

...bent 4 70D nails, starting to find my kink.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, JHenze646 said:

*loud victorious yelling*

1C4EEFDE-1F99-4A00-9B8C-7BBF42E0A4AD.thumb.jpeg.4e3f7a448cac7b76af1161c70effa462.jpeg

(Hexabastard in BBW)

Niice.. I am illiterate when it comes to nails.. Harder than a Red? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JHenze646 said:

*loud victorious yelling*

1C4EEFDE-1F99-4A00-9B8C-7BBF42E0A4AD.thumb.jpeg.4e3f7a448cac7b76af1161c70effa462.jpeg

(Hexabastard in BBW)

Great job Josh, strong bend!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, jvance said:

Niice.. I am illiterate when it comes to nails.. Harder than a Red? 

I don’t know how to quantify it. I have bent a few reds but never moved these more than a degree or two in the years I have had them.

6 hours ago, JHenze646 said:

I don’t know how to quantify it. I have bent a few reds but never moved these more than a degree or two in the years I have had them.

Great bend, Josh!!!  Even the "easiest" Hexabastards I ever bent were way beyond any Red.  I found them very hard to kink too - and had an easier time with them at 6" and under to be honest. 

• Like 1

I had every intention of having a good long session but the forecast said the rain was coming and I had projects to finish outside before the down pour started. I didn’t make it through the projects completely. I have three that require sanding and finishing. And I lined up three more projects while I was working!!!

Get your Sunday started(5pm)

i see patterns a lot of times in people’s training. I used to point things out to Brent when we would grip regularly.  I noticed a few things in a few peoples training that I will be incorporating into my training. 

Thick bar work- KV Method (Kapusta-Vance)

4-1/4 handle to 75, thumbless to 90, pinned to 125

2.5 crusher to 125

2 incher to 165

2x70D, then Hexabastard in BBWs - the kink was hard but yielded easily the rest of the way. PR.

• Like 2

On 11/20/2017 at 12:29 PM, JHenze646 said:

A week later and I am still building back up from my work trip. I made it over to Brent's and he let me borrow his Euro to prepare our group for Gripmas. I forgot what a great piece of traing equipment it is. I need to get mine pulled together.(I need spacers)

Tested 21hp - this is the first time I can remember pinching over my bodyweight!

Shoes - polo0 & SCF LR1

I have gone full blown Gripmas elf and I will try to have a picture up later of some toys.

A couple questions -

1 what's your bodyweight?

2. It's not all that impressive if you had to use 21 hands :)

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, climber511 said:

A couple questions -

1 what's your bodyweight?

2. It's not all that impressive if you had to use 21 hands :)

At that time, I was 213.

on a board about grip training with tons of weird words and acronyms, autocorrect still changes things to even weirder words.🤔

10 hours ago, JHenze646 said:

I had every intention of having a good long session but the forecast said the rain was coming and I had projects to finish outside before the down pour started. I didn’t make it through the projects completely. I have three that require sanding and finishing. And I lined up three more projects while I was working!!!

Get your Sunday started(5pm)

i see patterns a lot of times in people’s training. I used to point things out to Brent when we would grip regularly.  I noticed a few things in a few peoples training that I will be incorporating into my training. 

Thick bar work- KV Method (Kapusta-Vance)

4-1/4 handle to 75, thumbless to 90, pinned to 125

2.5 crusher to 125

2 incher to 165

2x70D, then Hexabastard in BBWs - the kink was hard but yielded easily the rest of the way. PR.

I don't even know my method... enlighten me sir 

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, jvance said:

I don't even know my method... enlighten me sir 

Oh, you know! 😉

The week in review 

nothing remarkable occurred this week training wise. I made an unwise attempt at a shiny that went nowhere. I am listening to an audio book by Dan John which helped with some ideas and reinforcement of some things I forgot I knew.

sunday

i made a last ditch attempt at the April rolls wrist roller challenge but with the extra work shifts, I didn’t have the energy. I did a series of blob/blockweight loads to a platform and plate pinches. I did 3trips with 100 per hand on my farmers🤞And a tabata set of push presses/thrusters with the empty bar - interesting 

At my work now we are given gloves to protect our hands and told to mark them so they don’t get wasted. I draw on mine.

67794F96-56B5-49E7-A210-1D8F769661AF.thumb.jpeg.1d904a24cd4815826bb94e65c9936686.jpeg

Thanks for reading my log.

• Like 2

Tuesday

bench 185 5x5 still not adjusted to the changed sleep schedule.4038E344-8598-4333-81A5-A94CEE8357A4.gif.e4568b213dba5ccef6c2b8b3a29f45ab.gif

bend 70Dx3 I will soon run out of this stock and the nearest menards is a bit of a drive to get more. Thinking...

tried to get a setup going for the April challenge on Reddit, dead hangs with weight. Sketchy. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I am going to be sharing more loosely grip related material in my log, if everyone is ok with that. What say you?

• Like 4

i am not sure if the weighted hangs are stretching me or my setup. When I started the weights were a few inches from the ground.

Do I look taller now? 😂😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Sunday

Rolling handles - doubles -  4-1/4 up to 50, thumbless to 80, pinned to 145

2.75 up to 105, crusher up to 125, 2incher up to 155E29DD37C-D6A3-4D5A-9BBC-462AD41AE5BB.thumb.jpeg.8d89926d3fd035d5ccf84394c88a7feb.jpeg

farmers 100 x 3 trips, thruster tabata with 65 lbs - miserable 

1/2 rd x 18 eventually I will snap this bar - day 1196B0CBF-8A74-42B3-BD1D-DA6B1F2E98E0.thumb.jpeg.33d186d9bd907aab736a1e81346bd40f.jpeg

• Like 1

2 things:

A- The anaconda 4 is neat. Would you film some lifts on it?

2- did not know you were braced bending. 

Otherwise, everything else checks out.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Adam Juncker said:

2 things:

A- The anaconda 4 is neat. Would you film some lifts on it?

2- did not know you were braced bending. 

Otherwise, everything else checks out.

I brace bend from time to time. I like long bar, mid bar, and scrolling. Acquiring steel and cost are the biggest limiting factors. I wish I could do it much more.

i will definitely get a bunch of lifts on the A4 replica.

9 hours ago, Donc101 said:

Did you try to snap it today Josh or just bend it?

I worked on it for 7 or 8 minutes or so. I worked it back and forth a few inches finding positions. It will be a great training tool for shoe kinks and crush positions. Eventually I will kill it.

• Like 1

This and the Wilmington Pinch give me some ideas....

• Like 2

Thursday

bw squats & lunges

Reddit's May challenge - BW axle hold for time

i made 3 attempts but my hands are still smoked from the KV thickbar method. I am really interested to see how this method works out. 

Sunday

everything hurts today

2 x 35’s pinch 2x2

TT  up to 205 2x2

A4 up to 40 L & 45R

DT pinch 55 x singles

65E3F027-D13B-40CA-8197-73E47443D3D2.thumb.jpeg.037f044b08bd8a193f0aac1658d7a211.jpeg

• Like 3

Tuesday

bench 215 3x5, 155 3x8

farmers 100 2 trips I did this today because I didn’t fit it in on Sun.

Do Bend - there was too much time between bending sessions and I lost any semblance of technique. I couldn’t get the bar up high. I bennt 5/16hr on my chest, all kinds of awkward. I bent a few 60Ds trying to find my way back.

• Like 2