Buy The Ticket, Take The Ride

JHenze646

After a bacon, eggs, and toast breakfast. 😩

AB35F3B9-AA84-43F0-B186-68A0792D1FD2.thumb.jpeg.da71c424c1aa21fd8eca74f12106b31a.jpeg

and for your viewing pleasure...

• Like 3

I don’t remember Thursdays workout but Sunday wasn’t very good.

I started with the warm up of rehab and stretching for over a half hour. Nothing was helping. I am not sure if the exercise is helping at all. Because of the uneasiness of my warm up, I tentatively proceeded with some lifts in the gym. Every one felt uncertain and I was fearful with each rep. Re-injury is not something I want to happen. I finished just 3 exercises and shut it down.

i did one novelty bend for an old coworker which was the only highlight.

being down and out is hard.

Dam dude. Really sorry to hear your still struggling with injury

10 hours ago, Chez said:

Dam dude. Really sorry to hear your still struggling with injury

Thanks, Chez. I generally try to stay upbeat but it’s hard to cast this in a positive light.

i might buy Velcro shoes and call it quits. - humor, sort of

• Like 1

With the announcement of the GSI, I have been sketching some ideas out. I am not an artist by any huge stretch of the imagination. 

I thought of this one in the shower and I like it. Enjoy!

EF3B5408-F47D-4047-BC37-62A468C014EF.jpeg.743dae6c1027c09ec6fe040c91c69844.jpeg

@anwnate could you do your thing with the pic?

• Like 5

Tuesday’s workout sucked.

Hit some finger walks and wrist work then tried bending. I managed 1 70D with much difficulty. 

Now, I don’t want this to sound all bad. Anyone who has dealt with a lasting injury can attest there is a level of uncertainty, despair, and frustration that are a part of the process. I am sharing those things out of a sense of honesty in my log. Many people only post their fabulous successes online but failures and struggles are just as important, if not more so.

on the brighter side, there are some fantastic possibilities looming in the near future. While not entirely sport related, I hope them to be excellent and am looking forward with much anticipation.

All the best.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, JHenze646 said:

Tuesday’s workout sucked.

Hit some finger walks and wrist work then tried bending. I managed 1 70D with much difficulty. 

Now, I don’t want this to sound all bad. Anyone who has dealt with a lasting injury can attest there is a level of uncertainty, despair, and frustration that are a part of the process. I am sharing those things out of a sense of honesty in my log. Many people only post their fabulous successes online but failures and struggles are just as important, if not more so.

on the brighter side, there are some fantastic possibilities looming in the near future. While not entirely sport related, I hope them to be excellent and am looking forward with much anticipation.

All the best.

With you there bro, left knee went to shit last October and has on and off improved and degraded. Weird moreover that my squat continues to increase in pite of it. I'll be strong AF and crippled heh..

• Like 1

Does this mean you are competing at nationals?

50 minutes ago, JHenze646 said:

Looks like you solved the slippage problem with some tape. Are you up for some friendly competition on this one? Also, it looks like you did the same direction twice?

Edited by Andrew Dube

5 hours ago, Chez said:

Does this mean you are competing at nationals?

Are you training the wrist roller for Nationals?

44 minutes ago, JHenze646 said:

Are you training the wrist roller for Nationals?

Ya, I’m training it first time saturday 

• Like 1

One step forward, two steps back

I have taken so many steps forward and backward that I am not even training any longer. It feels like I signed up for a dance class instead. 

I was in rough enough shape going into the weekend that I scrapped the idea of training and decide to work on the dozen or so projects I have lying about. I tried not to think about training or recovery.

Tuesday

light upper body work with Bp 185 3 x 8

light bending

Thurs.

Bodyweight calisthenics mainly working on the booty

what do you think is the most unsettling way of saying glute work? Booty work? Buns? Cheek-meats?

bending - mostly over reaching

Do Imps 70D x2, FBBC leather 9/32ss, suede 9/32ss-wobble done back to back 

then Hexabastard attempt in BBW - PR260C3CCA-A8E7-4338-80EE-7E806D5660A9.thumb.jpeg.feb9d545a9b3cd8dc064643be4119766.jpeg

With the recent decline overall, I have decided to just stick with calisthenics for lower body work for a while and have a day dedicated to just grip training. It’s not like I can do anything else anyway.

Thanks for reading my log!

• Like 3

Caffeine and Chalk

I made a second pot of coffee today 😳

I dropped all the prehab/rehab and anything else that would constitute exercise and just hit two hours of gripwork.

blockweight lifts, cleans, passes, and hulas

wristwork and fingerwalks 

4” cap lifts, 25’s & 35’s plate pinches, a little crusher work.

i got to try out a new piece of grip kit that arrived in the mail from @Adam Juncker

i am not sure what he is calling it but it was simply genius!

i realized a few things today during training. One being that I need to make a few more pieces of grip equipment to work on my weaknesses.

Adam’s custom grip implement 

CC997C86-024A-429D-8EEC-6977D369A7B7.thumb.jpeg.a74b25888d54a4ac79d5693fac46f164.jpeg

Edited by JHenze646
How in the @#$& do you rotate the images!?!
  • Like 3

Tuesday

hands are smoked. They have that deep down muscle soreness. 

Tried bending but just couldn’t hold on.

I had a bunch of stuff to do so I only got to bench and row today. I need to start prioritizing my workouts a lot more.

Thurs.

i am trying to find that happy place for lower body work. Sometimes it’s too much too soon other times it feels like I am doing nothing at all.

Today was bodyweight work focusing on the cheek-meats.

since I wasn’t able to bend earlier in the week I wanted to do a harder bend today. I was also mentally going through a few things that have happened recently. I got out a horseshoe.

1FDB7342-92D9-4286-B932-7708F33A95BC.thumb.jpeg.b4727da2e20ba722af2ad15b453901e5.jpeg

This is the first shoe of 2018 and the first heart in I don’t know how long.

Rebuild PR.

@Adam Juncker said he hadn’t seen me mess with any red nails. I just don’t buy them and the ones I bought a long time ago I mostly gave away. I still have a few about so here you go.

Thanks for reading my log.

• Like 3

Cheek meats :laugh

• Like 1

I made some new implements. I am calling them the 2.5 centimeter squeeze square. I might even start selling them. How does Appendage Ninja sound for a company name?😉

864C5617-FFA9-47EA-A3D6-C000B4530D22.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

The above post is nonsense posted clearly for amusement as today is April fools day.

Sunday grip training.

i made a 2 inch size rolling handle to pair with the “Kapusta size” one I already have.

i worked up to 45 with thumb, 55 thumbless, 115 “pinned” on the bigin’, then 135 on the 2.5 crusher, and finally 150 on the 2 incherBC7FBE7A-5594-43C8-9B11-C07050C8592A.thumb.jpeg.f83a44e79fd8862fbed78952836ea0fb.jpeg

i did some pulls on the inch pinch replica I made working up to 45 lbs.

And then I restrung my pulley system that has been down for quite some time. Did a bunch of wrist work on it including some curls with the pinch wrench.

i finished off  by hand sanding some boards for a shelf project.

Edited by JHenze646
Added video link.
  • Like 3

Tuesday

My forearms were sore from the rolling handle work so I didn’t do any grip specific work.

bench 230  3x1 these were supposed to be triples. However I am in the process of adjusting my sleep schedule and not eating well. Not a big deal.

i did a little scrolling. It will be an expensive learning experience. I went in with a preconceived idea of what it was going to look like which was bad. I should have just followed the steel. A lot of physical endeavors I compare to dancing, where there is a give and take between partners. The next scroll will be better if I keep that in mind.

This one didn’t go so well as each new feature tended to unravel the previous one but a day later looking at it, it’s not all bad.75E5046E-E689-4B91-B20B-3942413F0546.thumb.jpeg.aa6d020dd1b0dab2b3175dadb78e9f59.jpeg0962E6F8-F452-46FE-8695-F41D84F65609.thumb.jpeg.d487794b60236dd899888c8e26d4f6d7.jpeg

Also here is one of the shelf brackets I made. I would show a picture of the installed shelves but I have  another shelf project that the Boss has informed me must be completed and installed before these smaller shelves can be hung. 😜

7E2D757A-F170-4326-ADCD-DE968077E645.thumb.jpeg.0a18281690d8a974ada885138edd38cf.jpeg

From a bent spike.

• Like 6

Bad bending and Buns

my hands were still kind of spent. Interesting.

i tried to bend but only managed one 70D. I may have found my kink though.

i tore some cards to make up for the lack of bending. The bicycles were torn as half decks(26 cards).

B9207089-A366-4F80-91D2-D67FF4E96D9F.thumb.jpeg.0498b6fe20498ec4952f876097cf94df.jpeg

hit a bunch of other light work.

You’re welcome!

• Like 2

What might you use those muscles for......

• Haha 1

Sunday

i made 6 or so runs at the April Rolls Challenge. One of these days I will pick a challenge I am decent at. I was horrible at hub and am equally bad at the wrist roller. I think I Dnf’d the wrist roller at NAGSC one year.

i hit some blockweight afterward. I worked up to some ramp jumps with Blobzilla. You know just like riding a bike as a young delinquent, prop a board up against some thing and hurl yourself off. Fun.

i finished off with splitting a log.

• Like 2

Tuesday

Hit a few wrist roller attempts. I have some obvious areas for improvement like strength and speed.

bench 200 3x5 still feeling weak but was in a nice groove.

EA2E2653-405A-4A18-8976-32EF1836EC24.jpeg.796bfe1aaf50148bcfc5806ed05318ca.jpeg

bent one 70D but couldn’t get in position to do another (?)

i had the scroll in the kitchen with a wine bottle in it.

My wife: It’s about time you made one of those!

Me: What!?! That’s your anniversary present I made for you!

Wife: Oh... *hugs me, laughing*

• Like 3
  • Haha 1