Buy The Ticket, Take The Ride

JHenze646

6 hours ago, JHenze646 said:

Hit some wrist work and hub yesterday. 25# shallow hub PR. Yep, I am horrible at hub.

Glad I'm not the only one :D

I have been having weird pains that come and go so grip has been inconsistent.

Re visited my current squat max for a cleaner rep at 330

Hit a few loads of my 190 stone

Tied crusher gym pr with off-hand at 140(?)

Onward!

Strong work on the crusher!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I am back home after the Cross Canada Grip Challenge. All day yesterday while driving home, I couldn't stop thinking, "Why cant life always be like this?"

I will post a write up later when I get time.

• Like 6

It was great to see you Josh! Thanks for making the trip and breaking our four way medley tie. I counted 5 axe heads in my yard yestetday. I'll mail them to you if you need any more. Excited to see what you make. I may need to do something similar with mine...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Andrew Dube said:

It was great to see you Josh! Thanks for making the trip and breaking our four way medley tie. I counted 5 axe heads in my yard yestetday. I'll mail them to you if you need any more. Excited to see what you make. I may need to do something similar with mine...

Sssshhhh!!!! :fear That's on the down low.

Back to regular lifting after a half week off. Somethings felt fresh and strong after the slight lay off, like pull ups, but others felt awkward and weak.

Hit some blockweights loaded to a 20 inch platform and Blobzilla negatives

Hit squats and lunges, finger walks, crusher, and a few Db rows.

Bent a SX7 0. This was the first shoe in a very long time.

I made it out throwing on Saturday and my hand seems to be holding up ok.

LWFD, open stone, hammer, caber

Today i was a little beat including the skin on my hands.

2 in. Vbar up to a few lifts at 160. I have a long way to go here.

Wrist work and DO bending 1/4sqr, 70D

I have two comps coming up that I would like to do, one games one grip.

I know I am a little late to the party but I am going to try to compete in King Kong for the first time. I will be fighting all comers for last place in the 105kg class.

I wasnt feeling particularly fresh this day so I planned a simple workout Squats and crusher.

Crusher worked up to gym PR 142 x 1 both hands. Then 145 x left and partial right that while not to lockout would have passed a crossbar.

My right is typically my stronger thickbar hand but it was hurt for so long it is under trained. It is really nice to get this lift moving. Onward!

Edited by JHenze646
Autocorrect
  • Like 1

Busy.

I hit vbar working up to 200 with both hands and a few singles at 190.

DO bend 60D x 9, dcoh failed heart attempt. I need to get some larger size shoes and start hearing again.

11 minutes ago, JHenze646 said:

I need to get some larger size shoes and start hearting again

I heart horseshoe hearting👊❤👊

• Like 1

14 hours ago, canthar said:

Nice!

Thanks.

Crusher 115 3x5, Wrist work

Sx7 #0, then on a whim SCF Lite plain #3 - several minutes of struggling but a full bend & PR

If you would like to see the struggle(6 min).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I missed a few updates. Pinch work, crusher, and vbar work continue.

I put the Flask on the GripNBend loading pin I have, absolute magic. Having done most of training with the Euro, blockweights, plates, and other solid weights, the slop in the flask connection drove me crazy. The tight fit of the excellently machined GNB pin eliminates most of the slop and provides a very solid connection for pinch training. 

I threw the last games of the year yesterday. I haven't practiced as much as I would like and it showed. Everything was off but it was a good day in the sun with good people.

I can only hope that next season will be "Thee Season" and train hard to make it so.

Onward.

• Like 2

It rained last night while I was lifting. The garage partially flooded.

Vbar 180 3x3

Larger shot rotations

1 hour ago, JHenze646 said:

It rained last night while I was lifting. The garage partially flooded.

Vbar 180 3x3

Larger shot rotations

So you had this certain ‘flow’ going on (ba dm tsss) 

• Haha 1

I have switched to a 3x a week program in anticipation of a run on the Texas method again. I need strength... Badly.

Heavy shot rotations

Blockweights

Polo0, lite rim 1 to 140° - shoulder was a bit out and the shoe was moving all around on me. This will make a good vengeance shoe.

And something I am working on that I would appreciate thoughts and opinions on.

• Like 1

No real grip training just some western, finger walks, etc. I am not looking forward to the upcoming work travel. I am ready to be home and training/working again.

• 3 weeks later...

I am relieved to be back home. I was away for a nine day work trip and couldn't locate a real gym. It was nice to be back in my gym today but with all the time off, I have a lot to overcome to get back on track. For nine days I slept extra, eat resturant food, and had almost zero exercise. Now because of that, I have lost five pounds, all my joints are sore, and I am incredibly weak.

Today I did more mobility/warm up work then I normally do in a week. Everything was incredibly stiff and awful. I struggled to squat 70 lbs less than I could easily do just 10 days ago. *sigh*

I tried to keep grip training light since both my elbows hurt and my left wrist is swollen. Idk.

Shot rotations, wristwork, finger walks.

Then I figured I would bend a shoe or two... Polo 0 x2, dc00h, dc00h to heart attempt, SCF Lite rim 1

The heart got away from me. Hopefully I can get some larger shoes to get back to hearts.

1112171432.jpg

• Like 3