Buy The Ticket, Take The Ride

JHenze646

Learning as I go Thursday

SSB 205 5x5, 2.5 Crusher 90 2x5, 100 2x5, 110 2x3, 120 2x1

Rev. Hyper 3x15, DO bending IMP 60D x2,1/4 sqr, 5/16 G2, failed Huge Bastard Attempt.

I probably should have cut a few 1/4 sqr bars down to 6 inches to practice the positions for a few sessions. Now I have to order more Bastards to try some more.

Tried some different rigging for belt squats but still not working. I need an exercise to work as an accessory for squats for volume. Any ideas?

Sidebends & Situps

• Like 2

An accessory to squats for volume? I don't know if you would dig it, but I do one exercise that is definitely in the squat arena. You just need a barbell with weight that you bent-over row. The movement is a dead lift, then bent over row, straighten back up, then down to dead lift again. Pick a weight for volume, and you will get a serious all-over pump on this one. I don't know if this is what you were looking for.

Hellified workout, by the way, serious bending.

Damn I need to check out your log more often, that first hit on the huge bastard was solid! wont be long man.

Strong bending Josh!

Thank you, gentlemen. "Size, apparently makes a difference."

An accessory to squats for volume? I don't know if you would dig it, but I do one exercise that is definitely in the squat arena. You just need a barbell with weight that you bent-over row. The movement is a dead lift, then bent over row, straighten back up, then down to dead lift again. Pick a weight for volume, and you will get a serious all-over pump on this one. I don't know if this is what you were looking for.

P.S. If you do that movement with thick grips, it is an insane forearm pump..

Thank you for reading my log and your suggestion. I am looking for something more quads and glutes without shouldering a bar.

P.S. If you do that movement with thick grips, it is an insane forearm pump..

Thank you for reading my log and your suggestion. I am looking for something more quads and glutes without shouldering a bar.

Goblet Squats!

• Like 1

lunges. esp with your past hip issues something with that big of a stretch could also serve as prehab.

Another fun Sunday

Squats 185 3x10, SP 110 3x10, Grprs CBT week 7

During warm ups I felt slow and on the third set of squats something twinged in my lower back.

Deads 405 6x1

Shoes R polo0, dc1h L DC00 to heart, hind0, SCF LR1 x2

Farmers 150 50 turn&return x2 tried stones but the back said it was a no go.

I had gone to the steel suplier to get some 5/8 hrs round to scroll it for ring handles. I was assured it was HRS. It was not.post-23285-0-28742700-1443399245_thumb.j

• Like 1

Another fun Sunday

Squats 185 3x10, SP 110 3x10, Grprs CBT week 7

During warm ups I felt slow and on the third set of squats something twinged in my lower back.

Deads 405 6x1

Shoes R polo0, dc1h L DC00 to heart, hind0, SCF LR1 x2

Farmers 150 50 turn&return x2 tried stones but the back said it was a no go.

I had gone to the steel suplier to get some 5/8 hrs round to scroll it for ring handles. I was assured it was HRS. It was not.attachicon.gif0927151401.jpg

That was easy, Man!

That was easy, Man!

Thank you. That is a easy shoe but bending shoes on my right side feels wrong, like having the bike pedals reversed as you approach the lip of a jump.
  • Like 2

I saw you mentioned side bends and situps. And I liked what you wrote about it feeling like the bike pedals were reversed...

I used to do very heavy side bends. It was right after I read Dinosaur Training for the first time. Then again about 10 years later when I had a Modular Plateau Buster Handle. I weighed 185lbs when I went to the police academy back in 2000. And won $20 on a bet with a guy there that I couldn't side bend 135lbs on an Olympic bar. I did 135lbs for 10. Then rested a bit and did 185x1. Then 205x1. Then he got the picture I could go heavier (lol) and so he left. I NEVER got injured back when I was side bending over bodyweight on a regular basis. But it definitely had the "feel" that if things went wrong my spine would go whipping out into the room, haha. I weighed 220+ when I did a partial range (the fullest range I could do with that handle) side bend of 320lbs on the MPBH. I think that was 2012 when I was trying a bunch of different stuff with it. I put some of the ideas for using the PB (Plateau Buster) on my blog. But the side bend stuff I left off on purpose. Seemed like someone would blow their back 0ut and then ask me why I didn't tell them they might blow their back out. Travis Mickelberry saw me side bend 300lbs on the FBBC 1" vbar years back. That was stupid! :huh::):grin:

• Like 1

I like side bends. I do a few sets of ten with 100lbs. but I have and can go heavier.

I will have to read a bunch of your blog the next time I travel for work.

I wanted to ask but not hijack the other thread. Would the cutting the steel down after the kink program work if the harder day was always kinked at 7 and the easy day started at 6.5? I fight hard for flexibility at 7 and only want to work down into the 6 inch range right now. I only bend DO one day a week which isn't optimal but I am ok with slower progress.

Edited by JHenze646

Taking it easy Tuesday

My lower back is still acting up. I think this is a combination of things and will need time to heal. With the back and the constant rain I omitted the push presses tonight.

Pullups bw 3x7, rock rings 5x1

Bp 260 5x1, OAR 70 5x10, shrugs 165 4x10

Inc. Db, facepulls, r.flye, curls, and tri's

Since I don't normally do long bar my midsection was beat from Sunday still.

I hit the tipping point and have decided to clear out a lot of "stuff" around the apartment including one of my atlas stones.post-23285-0-71033300-1443583083_thumb.p

Do you think I will get any takers?

Finally managed to catch up some. Sweet comp write up. Baby that back man. Rushing a back recovery can create a chronic condition. Not saying you are...just wish I was less stupid in my own past.

• Like 1

Finally managed to catch up some. Sweet comp write up. Baby that back man. Rushing a back recovery can create a chronic condition. Not saying you are...just wish I was less stupid in my own past.

Thank you, Nate. The trick will be doing just enough but not too much.

Doubting Thursday

Squat slowly working up to 245 5x3(yup, I now bench more than I squat) Crusher 90 5x5 hands still toasted from the rock rings

Squats holding propane tank & swings 3x10

Rev. hypers 3x15, DO bending IMP 60D x3, 1/4 rd, 5/16 G2, 70D pre-wobbled, 70D I had wanted to work with cutting the steel down after the link but my shoulders were tight and sore.

Side bends & situps

• Like 1

Solid work Josh! This has happened to me a few times … ordering 5/8 HRS and getting some type of CRS. One time, a place was adamant that they do not make mistakes and it was A36 HRS, but agreed to take it back. I got an apology that they "messed-up" and some extra stuff at no charge. It's funny though, 'cause after awhile, it's pretty easy to tell the difference, especially on the kink.

Solid work Josh! This has happened to me a few times … ordering 5/8 HRS and getting some type of CRS. One time, a place was adamant that they do not make mistakes and it was A36 HRS, but agreed to take it back. I got an apology that they "messed-up" and some extra stuff at no charge. It's funny though, 'cause after awhile, it's pretty easy to tell the difference, especially on the kink.

Thank you, Carl. I could tell almost right away that is was wrong while I was bending it. Even though it's pricey, I wish I could get the right steel. I actually enjoy doing the long/mid bar bending occasionally.

No doubt you can tell when it's not A36. I have got some before and I know it had to be CR steel. Totaly different bend!

• Like 1

An open Saturday

I had the opportunity to drive over to Brent's house to train. It has been like 3 or four months since I saw Brent. It was good to catch up.

Front squat up to 185x3 these were awkward and my hips were tight.

Grprs week8 deload

Dead lift up to 385x3 back is still touchy.

2HP to 200x1 210 miss x2 a few hops with 1hp 2x45s. Around the worlds

We loaded up the throwing weights, a stone, and Brent's shoes and headed to a park near his house. After arriving at the park it was noticed that we had forgotten the stone and shoes. Oh well. We threw some weights and finished with some ego boosting tosses of the 14 lber.(women's lightweight)

• Like 2

Since I had lifted yesterday I thought I would be off today, but when I awoke...

Wife: "You're working out today while I am at church, right?"

Me: (trying to maintain composure) "Yeah."

Another fun Sunday! Bonus gym time!

I was going to do any heavy lifting that would have been too much. I went through a warm-up, cut some steel, and swept out the gym. My younger brother stopped by to get a workout in. I helped set up equipment and load plates while bending horseshoes.

Shoes R polo0, Dc1H L DC00, SCF LR1, SCF PL3 attempt

I melted the lite rim and struggled to move the pl3 by degrees. The last time I bent This shoe I got much further. This may have been a hard shoe but I am doubting it. I don't think the lite rims are anywhere as difficult as they are ranked. I will have to find another stepping stone shoe to fit in this gap.

My brother and I did Vbar, working up to 200 where he just hovered it.

I also talked him into a little bending.

post-23285-0-77529300-1444010003_thumb.j

• Like 2

Since I had lifted yesterday I thought I would be off today, but when I awoke...

Wife: "You're working out today while I am at church, right?"

Me: (trying to maintain composure) "Yeah."

Another fun Sunday! Bonus gym time!

I was going to do any heavy lifting that would have been too much. I went through a warm-up, cut some steel, and swept out the gym. My younger brother stopped by to get a workout in. I helped set up equipment and load plates while bending horseshoes.

Shoes R polo0, Dc1H L DC00, SCF LR1, SCF PL3 attempt

I melted the lite rim and struggled to move the pl3 by degrees. The last time I bent This shoe I got much further. This may have been a hard shoe but I am doubting it. I don't think the lite rims are anywhere as difficult as they are ranked. I will have to find another stepping stone shoe to fit in this gap.

My brother and I did Vbar, working up to 200 where he just hovered it.

I also talked him into a little bending.

attachicon.gif1004151409.jpg

A lot of the work with shoes! I love that kind of a volume training with them, sorry I don't have a shoes that you have, just to try them too. Here is only Kerckhaert everywhere )