Buy The Ticket, Take The Ride

JHenze646

1/11

Squats - I positioned the bar in more of a lowbar manner, it felt different.

225 5 x 5 I hope these come together at some point.

Finger curls 55 5 x 10 these have felt weaker each time I do them. I am considering adjustments.

1HP 25's x 1, 35's 3 x 1, 45's x 1 round(around the world drill)

Braced bending 3/8x12 x 2, 3/8x10 bolt

Shoes Dc1 to mangled heart, sx7(0) to 150 or so

My crush has been off and I have 3 or 4 shoes stopped around this point.

My cousin T and my lil brother stopped to use the gym. I showed them a bunch of different lifts and they asked about tearing.

Tool catalogs x 6

Tuesday.

Unfortunately the store only had one 2.5 pancake plate. I increased my inch trainer to 130.

5 attempts 1 x L, 2 x R

3 cheated holds

W.wrench 50 x 1, 60 x 1, 70 x 1 cheated hold - hands were tired at this point

Wed.

2hp - 135 3 x 5, 150 3 x 5

8# sledge finger walks x 3

Climber curl rev. 10 3x 15

I made a set of clubs out of pvc but only had 1.5 inch handles available so swinging them smokes my thumbs after a few minutes. Good stuff.

post-23285-0-09741400-1421286690_thumb.j

what did you fill them with?

Silicon Dioxide. I used a vigorous vibration method to ensure consistency. They are uncalibrated and will probably remain so. - humor

Friday night bender

Sq 280 x 5, 225 2 x 10 these felt better today

W/ grippers L 136 x 1,1 143 x 0,1,0 136 x 1 R 136 x 0,0,1,1 143 x 1

DO bends 60D x 2, 2 x 5/16 plated, O-1 N

Another fun Sunday

Sq 235 5 x 5

W/ finger curls up to 120 x 1 (heavy/stupid heavy)

2hp up to 185 x 1, 200 x 0,0, 190 x 1 - I am going to refer to this setup as the cowbell from now on because of the sound it makes when I pat on the chalk

Tried bending a spike and crushing a pre-bent DC00 but I didn't have anything. Perhaps last week was too much...

IM hub up to 45 x 1 - working some technique suggestions.

1H tips tester 90,100,105,110,115 x 1

Club swinging outside(41°F) All kinds of awkward! Sometimes I wonder what my neighbors are thinking.

What day is it?

I have been discussing programing with Brent so things will be changing here and there.

Day 3 on day 2.

Cowbell 150 5x3 these felt harder because of the max attempts on Sunday, not that my hands were tired or weak but the skin was sore.

8# sledge finger walks x3 these were absolutely brutal. This combination hits the thumb and first two fingers pretty hard for me.

Climber curl 10 rev. 3x15, 20 reg. 3x10

My shoulders are fatigued in weird places from the club swings. Hopefully down the road this adds to improvement.

Day 4 on Wednesday.

Squat(box) 290x5, then 225x12 both w/ belt & knee sleeves in more of a mid stance and lowbar position.

Grprs L&R 110x1,136x1,1,0,110x1 - This is a little bit of a back off because I could tell my hands were fatigued.

DO bend 60D x 2, 5/16 plated, 70D x1 - this was a great bend for me. My shoulders, chest, and hands were all tired or this particular nail might have been harder. The kink had pain and it was an effort for every degree. I took the picture below right after the bend.

Sometimes I take important bends to work and have them on my desk. They rarely are the successful bends but they are the really important ones, the ones you learn from, the ones where you gave up, the ones where fear and doubt crept in and you endeavored on to success anyway. I put this nail in my lunchbox. Its gonna go on my desk.

My squat is improving. I have been able to tell for sometime that it was making slight improvements but I have not been able to slowly and cosistently move the weights up to advance on these improvements.

post-23285-0-60465300-1421898842_thumb.j

• Like 1

Another Fun Sunday

Squat to box 245 5x5

w/ finger curls 65x5, 75x5, 85x 7

It was warmer today so after my strict presses, I took my log outside for some fun. I paired this with some double 35's plate pinch attempts. I had the one pair of plates lined up wrong and they would pry apart when lifted. I made a better attempt after.

I got some new chains for for the garage. So I did the only sensible thing I could think of, I loaded all the chains I now have on the bar and did some pulls.

I wasn't sure if I was up to bending so I did a little tearing. I never figured out how to "pop" a Phonebook. I just struggle with tearing it.

This is kinda a PR as I can't remember tearing a PGH phonebook before.

Thanks for checking it out.

Weds. Night

On here I wrote last weeks squats as 290 but in my workout journal I wrote 285. I only went to 295 this week and it felt easy. I guess thats why.

Squats(box) 295x5, 225 x 10 w/ knee sleeves & belt

W/ grprs L&R 110* 6x1, GHP block set 109 3(5x1)

*This gripper is a non-rgc'd coc 2.5 & is just an estimate.

DO bending 60D x2, 5/16 plated, rednail, O-1 L x2

Climber curl reg. 20 3x15, rev. 10 3x10

Nick R. was nice enough to invite me to his Birthday get together. The wife and I jumped in the car and made the short drive over to Columbus. When I arrived, I knew instantly that I was in the right place. There was a several hundred pound flippin' tire in the driveway. The party started of with a bang. After a very warm welcome, We slowly found our way to a seat on the couch and instantly started learning about lego Star Wars for Wii with Nick's son.

After food, (read lots of cookies- humor) I eagerly ventured into the garage/gym. If you ever have a chance to see, in person, the gym of Nick or any other major steel bender, take it. Although I had seen the walls of his gym in many videos nothing can compare with seeing the bent pieces of steel and touching them. Some were so ridiculously huge, it is hard to imagine they were bent by a human.

A Gracie bell just happened to be sitting out and was lifted successfully by many party goers. The Ardrey bell was brought in and successfully lifted by its owner. Many lifts were made on anvils, bells, and blobs. Highlights would have include Mr. Rice's anvil dance, the "Ooooh" when Mr. Ardrey cleaned a pair of pinched 35's, and Nick's bend of a "hard" 10 In. wrench.

Many thanks for allowing me and my wife to be apart of the celebration.

Personal attempts

Gracie - several attempts, 1 x Left (?)

Several blob lifts with several attempts at a hand to hand toss.(NexGen) And a Dc1 hearted. Doc was nice enough to talk with me and provide some coaching with club swinging.

It was a great time.

Another fun Sunday

Box Squat 265 5x5 w knee sleeves. See video below for first two sets.

Awful Box Squats:

I know there are many strong squatters on the board and if anyone sees a glaring mistake, please help me out.

Finger curls 70x3, 80x3, 90x6

I didn't do any really grip specific work afterward. I did strict press, side bends, pullups, and put some of my new club swinging knowledge to use.

Grip ups:

Thanks for checking out my log.

All things considering Wednesday

BX SQ 305x5 w knee sleeves & belt

W grprs L&R 110,136,143 x1, L 150x0,0,143x1, R 150,152,159x0, 109 GHP block 3(3x2)

Tried something different with squats for the rep set 225x5, then push press x11, then squat 225x5 w belt&sleeves and no rest between.

DO bending in IMPs 60Dx2, 5/16 plated, L x2, M x2

The bends actually got faster and smoother as I went But something "popped" in my left hand ring finger on the crush. It now feels odd, not painful but odd. This is an increase in volume for me and hopefully it will climb for the Rx'd 6-8 weeks.

10# sledgehammer work.

Edited by JHenze646

A warm Sunday- it's 45°F!

Bx Squat 275 5x5 w knee sleeves

W/ finger curls 75x5, 85x3,95x3

I slipped with the cordless drill yesterday and punctured my finger with a philips head while driving screws. I will repeat this cycle aiming for more reps before moving up my working max.

Cowbell - I worked up to a solid 180x3, then couldn't manage anymore than singles with the same weight, 5x1

Inch trainer 130 5x1 - this is a an improvement, in quality and volume.

This week has been a little jumbled. I skipped lifting on Tuesday because, not knowing proper technique, snatches bother my shoulder joints. Wednesday I ended up working till 9 pm and did Wed. workout on Thursday. I also recently had an opportunity fall in my lap and got some extra weights, a barbell, and a roman chair for free but I don't have enough room to properly set everything up, a good problem to have.

Wednesday's Thursday session

Box squat 315x5 with knee sleeves & belt

The first three were alright the next two not so much. Somehow I managed to shoot my hips up even with a low bar position, but my stance may have been too narrow. I have been stuck with a one step forward, three steps back scenario for way too long.

245X10 I might switch this back off set to pause squats to see if I can fix the hipshooting issue.

W/ Grprs L 136x1,0,110 5x1 R 136 5x1 , Vulcan CCS 3/3 3x3

DO bend in IMPs 60dx2, 1/4 G2, 5/16 plated, L, O-1 M x3

Bending wasn't really happening today so I just put in some work. I really dislike drillrod because of the flex. I have a hard time crushing them enough to fit them in the keg because the wraps touch then it springs back open.

I went around the office and collected every phonebook or catalog they would let me have the other day so I tore a phonebook as well. I semi-jokingly dedicated it to my coworkers fish. We had been talking about this fish for several days. My coworker is a brand new aquarium owner and this fish was struggling to adjust. In the end the shock was too much and Fred the fish passed away. Funny thing was it was easily the best I have ever tore a phonebook.

I forgot to do wrist work on Thursday, so I added it to Friday.

Climber curl rev. 10 3x15, reg. 20 3x15

Another Freezing fun Sunday

Box Squat 280 5x5 with knee sleeves - solid. Took more time between sets.

W/ finger curls 65x5, 75x5, 85x8

Worked up to 5 attempts at 2 45's pinch, lots of hops & hovers.

45 hub lift x 1

DOAD up to 290x1

Shallow hub up to 17.5x1, 20x1 R

Inv Hex 45 x 2 rushes

Breaking in new leathers 3/8x12crsx1,12spikex1, polo1x heart

Finished with some club mills.

It was absolutely freezing today. Its like -3° F outside and maybe (with the space heater) 20ish inside. I had to put on a heavy vest & gloves between sets and dance to the radio to keep warm.

• Like 1

some Prince would have helped with the dancing. next time you come over to train we stream purple rain

• Like 1

some Prince would have helped with the dancing. next time you come over to train we stream purple rain

I can make no guarantee as to your or your home's safety should I "unleash the whiteness" the next time I stop by.

Good and bad Wednesday

Box Squat w/ knee sleeves & belt 320 2x3

It was a good choice to transition to triples. The pause squats with 245 3x3 felt shaky but easy.

W/ grprs L up to 150x1, 143 4x1,1m, R 150x3, 2m, GHP block set w/ 109 3x3

DO bending 60Dx2,5/16 plated,L,M, M x fail

This represents a regression. I gave a 100% effort and only wobbled it. This is the first DO bend I can remember failing in months.

Anyway, enjoy the gripper closes.

Grippers 2.18.15:

Thanks for checking out my log.

• Like 1

Another fun Sunday

Box Squat 285 3x5, added belt & wrist wraps 2x5

For some unknown reason my hips were tight & sore. I had to give everything to get these and shoulder press was the same.

W/ finger ext. 3x20 & finger curls 70x3,80x3,90x6

I had the opportunity to train at Brent's today. I was running super late and hit inexplicable traffic.

Euro 2HP worked up to 215*x1(PR), 220 by a hop

I need alot more technique work with a Euro.

64Kg bell x 5 attempts & several cheated lifts.

We then did one run through the Natinals medley implements discussing each one. Then I did a few runs through the implements finding weaknesses. Can you plan a strategy this far out? Don't I still need to qualify.(?)- this is a reminder to myself to get it in gear.

Wrist roller - 2 sets

Paris pinch 2 sets 10, 15

Shoes - DC1 to 180, SCF Lite rim 0 to 180(PR), 180 Lite Rim 0 hearted(PR!), 180 Dc1 hearted

post-23285-0-27706400-1424658596_thumb.j

you're not on the 2015 athlete list. so, if you are qualified it slipped through the cracks.

• Like 1

you're not on the 2015 athlete list.

Oh, go ahead and rub it in!

I will more than likely have to qualify by video submission and you would know first. No one else would understand my excitement.

Mid-week work

Box Squat 325 2x3 w/ belt and knee sleeves

The last rep of the second set was hard but I didn't break form, i.e. hips shooting up.

I recieved a new toy today.

SSB pause squats 225 3x3

These felt like they hit the two weakness I feel I need to bring up to improve, glutes and upper-back.

W/ grprs R 136, 143 4x1, L 136 5x1, CCS Vulcan 3/4 3x1

I skipped bending tonight. I am excited/anxious about a games this weekend. I don't want to show up with sore shoulders. It's bad enough I am a horrible thrower and I haven't had a break in the weather to practice,I don't want to show up in bad shape. I packed some shoes & spikes in my bag for the trip. "Just in case."post-23285-0-88677400-1424924430_thumb.j

New toys are the best!

Sweet ssb Josh,that's good to have in the arsenal

Thanks, Tom. I like your new picture.

• Like 1