Official New Hub World Record

John McCarter

Before anything is said, I had my woman film all my attempts. I did not know that their quality turned out the way the did. I am upset because of that fact; I'm better known for having great videos, this one sucks on that part.

For anyone asking questions about my technique, I talked to Luke before the King Kong and showed him that everything was legal on my end. If he said no, I would have gladly have follow his command. I do lock out as the down command was given. Everything was cleared by him.

http://youtu.be/ZjMnbOUfaYQ?list=UUlQDajfyzVwQrYBFi1Tk7PQ

• Like 1

It has a cool mysterious vibe to it. For that, good job to the camera woman.

Reminds me of a challenger in a fighting game showed only in silhouette.

Anyways, legs locked, unbraced, locked out, looked all good.

Great lift. 100 soon in contest.... Don't beat yourself up about not hitting training numbers. Contests are a different beast.

-Hard to know where to open up

-How much weight to add between attempts.

-getting warmed up right in a social environment where it's more fun to hang out and bs

-staying mentally and physically "on" for 4-6 hours or more of the average contest.

Etc... Congrats on the record!

• Like 2

It has a cool mysterious vibe to it. For that, good job to the camera woman.

Reminds me of a challenger in a fighting game showed only in silhouette.

Anyways, legs locked, unbraced, locked out, looked all good.

Thanks man. I didn't not think of it like that.

Great lift. 100 soon in contest.... Don't beat yourself up about not hitting training numbers. Contests are a different beast.

-Hard to know where to open up

-How much weight to add between attempts.

-getting warmed up right in a social environment where it's more fun to hang out and bs

-staying mentally and physically "on" for 4-6 hours or more of the average contest.

Etc... Congrats on the record!

Thanks! I had fun the whole time. I wasn't expecting to get 100 but did make an effort to attempt it officially (freaking shirt got caught under my thumb and messed up my attempt), there's always another day, place and time to make it happen.

For now, I'm happy with the results I produced for my first contest.

Actually, I think the video looks like some crazy Hollywood sci-fi movie promo...

I am sure when you have more official records on video this one will have a certain cool factor but until then, good job with the lift!

• Like 1

Congratulations. You have a talent for that lift, no doubt about it.

• Like 1

Big congrats john. That is an insane amount of weight on the hub.

• Like 1

Huge hub lift, John! I was surprised your LBH was so low compared to your training numbers, by the way. I just got a chance this week (went to a funeral) to try out a new Little Big Horn. I didn't take any warmups and pulled 185 both hands. Then about 5 minutes later, I pulled 200lbs both hands.

I heard some of them (LBH) feel really tacky and others are slick. You guys might've had the slick one.

I heard some of them (LBH) feel really tacky and others are slick. You guys might've had the slick one.

Mine is pretty slick. People commented on it at my location. just like everything grip, the surfaces vary a lot.

Big congrats john. That is an insane amount of weight on the hub.

Thanks man!

Huge hub lift, John! I was surprised your LBH was so low compared to your training numbers, by the way. I just got a chance this week (went to a funeral) to try out a new Little Big Horn. I didn't take any warmups and pulled 185 both hands. Then about 5 minutes later, I pulled 200lbs both hands.

Thanks Ben. That was the first time I ever touched the LBH, it was well seasoned just felt different from the one I'm using. The axle and LBH were two tools I didn't have and had to improvise with what I had.

Congrats on the new record John ! Huge pull ! Your only gonna get smarter at each future contest. Keep on keepin on :) You gotta great start already !

• Like 1

Congrats John! :)

• Like 1

Thanks guys! I do wish the video was more clear but I'll do better next time on that part. King Kong was a learning experience for certain.

King Kong? King John!

Video has a mysterious and cool style. Sci-fi

• Like 1

Wow, you must feel great being a world record holder! Congratulation!

King Kong? King John!

Video has a mysterious and cool style. Sci-fi

Thanks man. Think I'll still stick with "The Beast" as nickname for right now.

I know I keep downing myself about the video, and the more I read people's comments about how the video looks, it is starting to make me feel better about it.

Wow, you must feel great being a world record holder! Congratulation!

I wasn't happy because I was having an off day, I had more in the tank and was going to attempt 102 or 103 lbs as an official lift but my thumb got caught on my shirt as I started to make the attempt and was denied my effort. I sucked it up and accepted what I had done, I didn't even think of myself as the world record holder until I knew for certain of what the results where but I'm glad I could raise the bar some, I don't expect to this number to stay where it is at officially right now. I hope someone can claim it as their own one day, if it be someone new to grip or me defending the record.

Here is Luke Wicks video he took of the lift. It shows what's going on more clearly.

• Like 1

Much better vid. Next time take the vids from the driveway looking into the garage. Lighting will be way better

• Like 1