Josh's Mm0 Challenge

GrassMaine89

This cert just passed. Also, last night I bent a Grand Bastard in doubles. I brought another one down 2 inches and 1/16, didn't have anything left to finish it. I wrapped a red in singles and was gonna try it but I could feel my finger opening back up so i'm going to continue waiting. I'm just about out of steel to bend in doubles but I've got more that should be here shortly.

Dude monster square?! Your progress is incredible. Good stuff.

thanks man...long way to go to cert it but I just ordered some to work towards it

Bent a Duke of all Bastards in doubles (felt relatively easy, will do a video when I figure out why my camcorder isn't working)

Finished off a pre-bent grand bastard

Failed on a 5/16 square (kinked it but gassed out), will hit it some more tomorrow

Tried a king of all bastards in doubles....no even a little wobble, i bow to the king

My finger is healing, probably next week I can go back to singles and purse the Red Nail Cert

• Like 1

Sick bending dude

Thanks man.

11/13/2015

Bent a hexabastard, it went off center so it was a little rough

Bent a Duke of all Bastards

Bent the square 5/16 x 7 from yesterday quite a bit further (probably around 90 degrees or so

Keep going man, the sky's the limit :mosher:mosher

thanks man, will do

Congrats on the bends! Some sick stuff lately.

• Like 1

Congrats on the bends! Some sick stuff lately.

thanks man, definitely got the bending bug

11/14/2015

Funny story...I tried that 5/16 square a little bit more today...didn't get any movement..noticed that it was shinier than my other squares...put a magnet to it, its stainless steel...I didn't even realize it...all in all its about 75 degrees

After this I tried a regular 5/16 square, didn't have anything left

Bent 3 Reds in IMP w/ rubber bands

Bent 1 Red in IMP w/o rubber bands...video coming shortly

• Like 1

these were both posted in the bending section but I like my log to be complete with the videos....

11/15/2015

Bent 2 red nails in IMP under cert conditions, video above

Tried a third but the skin on my index fingers was done, I gave up in fear that I would split the skin again

Little more work on the Shiny Monster Square, its at about 103ish degrees now

Gonna take a few days now, let my hands heal...I've put in for the Red Nail Cert, we'll see what Ironmind says

this finger splitting is getting lame...i heard back from Ironmind, they are searching for a judge, which should take a week...The finger split was pretty bad but I'm going to lift and bend in doubles, I will be fine...the Red Nail will fall regardless

both of these bends were done with no warm up, I wanted to test worse case scenario

• 2 weeks later...

11/26/2015

Bent 1 duke of all bastards in BBW's over IMP's

Bent 1 red nail

Bent 2 red nails under cert conditions

11/27/2015

Bent 4 duke of all bastards in bbw's over imp's...I kinked all four, swept all four, and then crushed all four...

my fingers keep splitting on me...but at this point Ironmind said I should get a judge early next week, I can still bend them with the split fingers, but can only do a couple at at time, if I do too much they split worse

• Like 2

11/29/2015

Bent 3/8 G2 Bolt cut to 7 inches in doubles

Bent 5/16 x 7 Square generic CRS in doubles

Time to take a few days off

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

I'm hunting the Red Nail again.  I have taken advice and am dong the bending in which you break the bend into its 3 components over 3 days.  Here he picture from the final day of that progression.  The top nail is a warmup bend of 5/16 x 7 HRS.  The four in the middle I finished the crush on, they are SteelWorks 5/16 x 7 CRS.  The bottom 2: Red Nail (started from wobbled) and a grade 5 5/16 x 7 (kink was done on day 1 in doubles). Everything was IMP except for the grade 5.  I'll add my most recent video as well which shows my only cert condition bend.  Ironmind has been searching for a judge for a week and a half, it's a waiting game but I'm ready.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I split my finger awhile back so have been conservative with my bending.  Today I bent 3 of the red nails, 1 under Cert conditions.  I had tried last week and couldn't even wobble a red, so I need to make sure I'm rested.  These reds feel heavy as hell.  I recieved them from Ironmind on 9/16, I'm hoping this is the hard batch everyone is talking about, if not I'm not sure how the cert will go.  My referee hasn't recieved the nails yet, I'll keep this log updated on the process.