Pinch/saxon Dumbbell Training

Royz

Hi I've made this pinch/saxon dumbbel to train with. I think I've only seen one once or twice before, custom made. Made this one myself.

You can do stuff with this you couldn't (easily) do with a europinch or plates. Like snatches, cleans, presses, rows, curls etc. So it's really versatile. Mine is 7cm on one side and 9,5cm on the other side. Perfect for my hands, but too small if you got really big hands. Your fingertips will go over the edge. My hands are average I guess at 20cm.

A video of me training with it. Some snatches. lifts and curls.

I apologize for the bad video quality. Especially the snatching bit is terrible. Something went wrong with the camera I think.

I also apologize for my english. I'm from Holland and haven't spoken english since college.

post-22763-0-44290200-1410474006_thumb.jpost-22763-0-34338700-1410474016_thumb.j

Short term goals would be to do a 30kg snatch at 7cm and a 35kg lift at 9,5cm. A 30kg curl at 7cm would be awesome, but that's a little further down the road I think.

Edited by Royz
  • Like 1

Looks great man, I might have to make something like this myself.

Yup nice the one I made Is simular as well, great training tool.

Nice, I have one I made a while ago. 3x3", it's a good training tool

Thanks. How do you guys train with it?

http://www.gripboard.com/uploads/med_gallery_13452_1037_142070.png and here is a video also ,Loadable Pinch Dumbell "Snatch" Workout: http://youtu.be/hnySsjqEMjk made 2 different ones, ive also done curls hold for time and max efforts.

http://www.gripboard.com/uploads/med_gallery_13452_1037_142070.png and here is a video also ,Loadable Pinch Dumbell "Snatch" Workout: http://youtu.be/hnySsjqEMjk made 2 different ones, ive also done curls hold for time and max efforts.

Wow the one in the pic is really thick, looks great, much be a tough one to work with?

Those are not snatches dude.:-) what you're doing there is much tougher! You hardly giving the dumbbell any momentum.

Love my 2" Saxon bar. I need to get back to working with it.

Snatch

Clean and Press

DL 260#

DL 270# attempts

Best DL on mine was 275# but didnt video.

One Hand Pinch Trainer:

I didn't know what to call this video ma be front raises.the one I have the picture of is really hard to lift heavier weights with, that's the one I would like to make out of metal someday. I also really like Aarons Saxon bar in fact I made one myself too I have videos on YouTube that show it, I can post them here too like Aaron did. I think it's a great tool and everyone should have one that does grip

Love my 2" Saxon bar. I need to get back to working

Wow those are some great numbers on the saxon. I would love to make one, but I don't really have the room for it. Hence the dumbbell format.

Ever try curls on it Aaron?

Love my 2" Saxon bar. I need to get back to working

Wow those are some great numbers on the saxon. I would love to make one, but I don't really have the room for it. Hence the dumbbell format.

Ever try curls on it Aaron?

Yep those are fun. Best was 135 on it. Really brutal like the plate curls.

• Like 1

I didn't know what to call this video ma be front raises.the one I have the picture of is really hard to lift heavier weights with, that's the one I would like to make out of metal someday. I also really like Aarons Saxon bar in fact I made one myself too I have videos on YouTube that show it, I can post them here too like Aaron did. I think it's a great tool and everyone should have one that does grip

Saw you 245lbs saxon bar deadlift on youtube. Made that look like a feather! How does that compare to your 2HP?

Also some heavy squats you are doing!

I think at the time my 2hp was 230, I havent pinched in a little while, I hurt my thumb at work but im almost better now. Squats help your grip too! Jason made a saxxon bar that slips over a olympic bar and is removable, its a good idea too.

• Like 1