Starting Chezs Gripper Masterplan

PeterSweden

Tried to film 3 closes on my coc3 153# and I couldnt get it closed, HAHAHAHA, wtf!

Im thinking of signing off mm1 now.

Shit session. Wasnt supposed to train until wednesday but....

I have to sleep on it. Might sign off and get stronger before I cert.

If I fail Ill start to hate grippers and will change focus to thickbar or something.

You had a bad training session....happens to all of us brother. I think you have the strength to close the mm1 now. But of course it never hurts to wait a little longer. Whatever you decide, we support you bro!

Tried to film 3 closes on my coc3 153# and I couldnt get it closed, HAHAHAHA, wtf!

Im thinking of signing off mm1 now.

Shit session. Wasnt supposed to train until wednesday but....

I have to sleep on it. Might sign off and get stronger before I cert.

If I fail Ill start to hate grippers and will change focus to thickbar or something.

You had a bad training session....happens to all of us brother. I think you have the strength to close the mm1 now. But of course it never hurts to wait a little longer. Whatever you decide, we support you bro!

I'll wait some.

I feel drained mentally from the constant pain in my back and stuff!

• Like 1

I have bad sessions also. Just stay the course and you will bounce back. I have noticed I always have a bad session when I rush and workout ahead of schedule. Patience is a virtue. You need the recovery time. Once you figure out the perfect recovery time for you stick with it until progress stalls.

• Like 2

Dude. I have experienced more downfalls than many skydiving instructors. BUT. Just stay at it. You just need to stay persistent. And like Chez said dude. Take rest. That's probably the hardest about these things. You have a bad session and that is very unsatisfying. And you need to wait again for almost a week for rest. I know.

• Like 3

Yeah, Im retarded for not staying on the every 10th day course.

That worked so well but as soon as i train a few days earlier it all goes to shit.

I'll have to remember the irritation of not closing an easy gripper when I feel like training when I shouldnt!

My wife was like "dont use those kinds of words! The children can hear you!". That kind of irritated! :D

If throwing grippers for distance will be an event at grip nationals I will win for sure.

• Like 2

Love this log, lots of great info.

Do you use Chez's progression at every workout, or do you modify it for PRs? I am really battling trying to train multiple times a week....I had great results with KTA. Added 35 or so pounds, some I am sure was noob gains. I think i am realizing I am at a point of diminishing returns. May try once weekly. Did you arbitrarily choose 10 day cycles, or is this part of Chez's program as well?

Keep it up

• Like 1

Love this log, lots of great info.

Do you use Chez's progression at every workout, or do you modify it for PRs? I am really battling trying to train multiple times a week....I had great results with KTA. Added 35 or so pounds, some I am sure was noob gains. I think i am realizing I am at a point of diminishing returns. May try once weekly. Did you arbitrarily choose 10 day cycles, or is this part of Chez's program as well?

Keep it up

Hehe thanks!

Chez does everything every 10 days.

Somthing like;

Day1 pinch

2days of rest

Day3 grippers

2 days of rest

Day6 thickbar

2-3 days of rest

And then pinch again.

I rotate the same but since I recover slowly I do,

Day1 grippers

Rest 2-3 days

Hub and or blockweights.

Rest 6-7 days and then grippers again.

This has gotten my gripper strength up from 140# coc3 mms to mms or alittle deeper set closing my 157# mm1 in like 2 months?

PR every session since. Either 1rm gripper or a rep or set more on repetition gripper.

Edited by PeterSweden

My plan of doing grippers on his style program every Tuesday and Saturday may be a little over zealous then?

It is for me. I cant train twice a week.

When you realize that training isnt a goal but getting strong is its easier to take the longer rest.

I also like training but I hate training when weak. Makes me madder than hell when I Do and fail hard!

• Like 3

Haha good point, thanks for the tip

• 3 weeks later...

Hehehe, you dudes :D

I feel mentally drained from the back problem and other shit that I have to work through, lost my inspiration to update the log but I closed my rb300n a couple if days ago. PR. And also, I aaaalmost got my 161 lbs elite closed.

After that I did some sledge levering, sledge deadlifts, static holds and fingerwalks.

My forearms are so sore today! I feel it in my wrists even!

Gotta have these exercises after grippers every session from now on.

I had forgotten how much I liked sledges!

Yeah Chez, stop combing your mustache and get back here and update your log.

haha, I'm still training as well. The place I was trying to buy fell through so I have been busy trying to find a new place. I need to get back on track with updating my log.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...