Trying To Break 200lbs On Thee Rolling Thunder

steve0

I am going to be working on getting my RT numbers up in the next 2 months and will be logging my workouts. Going to be aiming for 2-3 high rep sets and thumb work three times a week. I never gave the RT a serious run so here I go. I am using the short standard weight loading pin in training and attempt max lifts on the taller Olympic loading pin. All weights I am posting are not including the pin weight.

7/22/14

Fbbc 2.5" Crusher - 108x12 r/l

RT - 121x10 r/l

- 160x1 r/l

- 170x1 r/l

Rolling Thunder - forward and reverse

70x3

• Like 1

Higher reps are truly the way to go.. The also build your baseline thickbar strength and that carries over to most diameter axles

• Like 2

Higher reps are truly the way to go.. The also build your baseline thickbar strength and that carries over to most diameter axles

Yes i agree with this I started out a little under your current max and got to over 200 with this approach. Good luck though with all your goals this year.

Edited by Stephen Ruby
  • Like 1

Im breaking that barrier on August 3 :)

Good luck and have Fun man!

Edited by PeterSweden

Done screwing around with this thing. Time to have some fun

Yes i agree with this I started out a little under your current max and got to over 200 with this approach. Good luck though with all your goals this year.

I have a feeling that my goals this year will be my goals for years to come. I had the same goals last year.

Im breaking that barrier on August 3 :)

Good luck and have Fun man!

Looking forward to,workout 2 tomorrow

7/24/14 - Leg day

Fbbc crusher - 110 r12/l12

RT - 125 r12/l12

- 135 r10/l10

25lb plate pinch around the body 10x3

In the next few workouts I think I will get a good feel of what my working sets will be around. Thinking of every third workout being a higher rep set between 15-20

Its 12r Right handen and 12l Left handed. I suppose.

Its 12r Right handen and 12l Left handed. I suppose.

That's it

7/27/14. Bench press + assistance

Crusher - 110 10/10

RT - 138 10/10

RT - 145 3/4

These weights are good and challenging. Going to work on these for a whole and get the reps up.

Crusher - 110 12/12

RT - 138 12/12

RT - 145 5/6

Reverse curls on my new Ivanko OBZ-40 rackable curl bar. (Yes, I am now awesome, I can do curls in my squat rack!)

Paused bench 285/8, 315/2

Db press 110s/8

Band Fly (2 minis per side)10,10

Crusher - 110 15/15

RT - 145 6/6

I'm finding that training every third day is the best for me. The farther into the program I go I will see if I can go every other day as I get used to the volume.

Rt 135 15/15

145 12/12

Breaking the 200lbs barrier is one of my goals too.

When you're doing high rep sets do you re-grip between each rep?

So do you re-adjust your grip during the reps or do you just pump out your reps in one go?

2 things ,interested in the answer about re grip between reps,2nd how often do you do the routine in a week 1 or 2? started last week and got a 1r max of 125 and this week im at 130

• 4 weeks later...

Had to take some time off due to tendonitis and the arrival of my new son. I'm adjusting the volume to once every four days. I'm also substituting the Wrist Wrench for the Rolling Thunder. This thing is humbling if you hadn't tried one. Along with working the thumb, it works the hell out of your wrists.

Today's workout:

Wrist Wrench 2x8x50 - smoked!

Breaking the 200lbs barrier is one of my goals too.

When you're doing high rep sets do you re-grip between each rep?

So do you re-adjust your grip during the reps or do you just pump out your reps in one go?

I try not to adjust my grip, but usually find myself doing it on the last few

9/2/14

Leg Workout

C0C#3 mms: r/4 singles, l/4 misses

Wrist Wrench: r/60x5, lx5 - r/50x10, l/x10 - r/50x10, l/x10

I'll say it again, the wrist wrench is humbling. It's also doing great for the elbow tendonitis, I can put in the same amount of effort using less weight. If anyone is thinking about trying one out, do it!

10 second holds with the Wrist Wrench. Two sets with 65lbs left and right, one set with 70 left and right. Probably going to see how the Rolling Thunder numbers are on Monday.

150/11,11

160- 2 five second holds each hand

Reverse wrist roller 74x2

Hands And forearms were a bit tired today due to disassembling and reassembling a Nautilus machine and taking apart Hammer Strength machine. Did some low volume work today. Three singles and holds with 180 and two with 187 left handed. Two singles and holds right handed with 180, one miss. One righty single with 187, one miss.

Need to work on more wrist strength at this point. Feeling that this is my weak point.