Question Regarding Finding Dumbbells

ChimpGrip

Thanks for the explanation wulfgeat. Didn't know that. He's obviously very strong so he must indeed be doing something right. :-)

He also shits roids.

Not alot of 800 + # Deadlifters not on a program. Rich Williams I think is au natural.

Edited by Mike Sharkey

Ill check it out, thanks for the link btw. Has there ever been a 400 lb dumbbell dumbbell shrug?

Are you being serious right now? Once again your posts are coming across like a troll.

Please don't waste peoples time on this board.

And don't mistake kindness for blindness.

200 lb dumbbell curls??

First off, it's you deciding to "waste your time" replying to me on this thread. I'm not making anyone reply to me. It's y'all's choice to post/not post on my threads.

I don't want to waste my time on here, so I'm being dead serious. And yes, a 200 lb dumbbell curl. That's what I said isnt it?

I'm not trying to come off as a jerk, and I can see where some things I post can come across as being a "troll", but I want to know everything there is to know, and I just want to shoot for the stars like anyone else who wants to be one of the best. But, regardless of how my posts come across, I am being dead serious, as stated.

I've seen someone hammer curl the 150 pounders so its probably more possible for someone to hammer curl them...

it's you deciding to "waste your time" replying to me on this thread

You are 100% correct. Replying to you is an absolute waste of time.

Yep.

Thanks for the explanation wulfgeat. Didn't know that. He's obviously very strong so he must indeed be doing something right. :-)

He also shits roids.

Not alot of 800 + # Deadlifters not on a program. Rich Williams I think is au natural.

@Royz: Anytime man. I like sharring things I have found: it makes feel like all the time I spend probing the internet for information wasn't wasted.

@Cancrusher: I laughed.

@MikeSharkey: Thanks for the post; I will have to look this guy up.

The only reason I know of Matt Croc, is because I have spent a great deal of time researching how to train the upper back. Besides powerlifters, John Meadows and he have been the must helpful (in terms of getting my hamster-wheel spinning). I am working with a form for the row handle currently, and I think I like what I am finding, but I am just getting started so we will have to see.

PS. When I want to look into deadlifting: I look up powerlifters, worlds strongest man contenders, or just ask my brother.

Here's a 150kg dumbbell.

http://watsongym.co.uk/product/150-kg-dumbbell/

Maybe you could try to curl that?

Dude, that's a big freaking dumbbell. I have never seen one that big; thanks for posting.

Yep.

@Chimpgrip: My answer to your last question about shrugs is in the first sentence of my orignal reply regarding the heaviest dumbbell shrugs.

I have seen a good many people try to help you with your lapses in forum etiquette. I would appreciate it if you would quit being defensive and fix it. I don't care what your reasons for being testy (looking for things to take personally) are, your confrontational behavior at genuine inquiries into the integrity of your posts is unacceptable. I was personally offended at what you wrote about the person you believed to be "making fun you" in another forum--completely uncalled for.

If you want to train for the stars, you are going to have to grow thicker skin. Do you know what the first thing my step dad said to me when I ran upstairs to excitedly tell him and the rest of my family that I had just hand driven a nail through a 1/2 inch thick pine board? My step dad told me: "if you break your hand, you're paying the hospital bill." Do you know what people generally tell me when I tell them that I want to bend things in my teeth? They say: "You only got one set, and most women don't like men bad teeth." Also, I am constantly asked when I will get "strong enough?" (asked in a way that implies strength training isn't a worthy pursuit or something).

You need to grow a thicker skin. If you want to get strong enough to curl a 200 lb dumbbell, people are going to think that you are crazy, or at least stupid. Be a man, and suck it up--that is what everyone else has to do.

For the record, I try not to hold things against people. Despite how confrontational you are, I answered your questions; though not so much for you, but because this is a public forum, and it might help other people.

Since you don't seem to be picking up on what everyone is trying to say to you (second thought of this reply), I am going to spell this out for you: Don't be surprised if your last exchange with Mikesharkey causes your future questions to remain unanswered. The members on this forum have been more than patient with you--and I believe we all just watched that patience boil over.

I will leave you with this metaphor to mull over: Good Forum etiquette, is like a straight lowerback in deadlift form: it makes everything work better. Bad Forum etiquette is like a rounded lower back in deadlift form: Your lumber disks shoot out of your back and hit the wall, and you spend the rest of your life struggling to pick up pillows (except the equivalent of this catastrophy happens to your activity on the forum).

PS. Since you seem to think it is okay to give your two cents about every stupid little thing, I assumed it would be cool to give my two cents this one time. I don't tell you this to start an argument or to upset you, I tell you this for the same reason my brother yells at me to straighten my arm when I do mixed grip deadlifts: he doesn't want to watch my Biceps Brachii tendon peel off my radius.

• Like 4

My gym only goes to 130s. Ain't no way in hell anyone there is curling those lol. I'd love to see a. 200lb db curl Lols.

I slightly injured my forearm doing very heavy hammer curls with 105s about 6-7mo ago. No longer use that much for those. I do own the 130s in shrugs and rows. I do 40 reps without chalk on shrugs and have done 25 reps with a knee on the flat bench for db rows. I've been doing both of those excersizes for 15plus years. The body becomes good at repetition. The rows are a killer but the shrugs are dependent on your grip. They don't take your breath away like rows.

If you're Ronnie Coleman you could at least use those 200lbs dumbbells for presses.

Off course he 'shits roids' too (cancrusher quote). :grin:

http://youtu.be/TaC2Dy_wAfk

You are completely wrong ronnie said he was natty.

He is a cop so he cant lie.

You mean, "he is a cop, so he can and will lie!"? :) Edited by PeterSweden
  • Like 2

If you're Ronnie Coleman you could at least use those 200lbs dumbbells for presses.

You mean, "he is a cop, so he can and will lie!"? :)

I hope you are kidding bro.

All those who work for the government cant lie and they work only for us.

You mean, "he is a cop, so he can and will lie!"? :)

I hope you are kidding bro.

All those who work for the government cant lie and they work only for us.

I thought Ronnie Coleman quit being a cop so he could lift and eat full time.

Just for future reference, the government or police depts no longer piss test for anabolics. The government stopped around 2005. It's not an addictive drug nor does it cause a "high" so it's not exactly frowned upon during polygraphs.

• Like 1

He was a cop until 2003. I think he's actually been arrested for impersonating an officer more recently.

• 2 weeks later...

I've had memberships to 4 different gyms as an adult, and worked out at several Power lifting Clubs in Michigan and Arizona. Only Thorbecke's in Phoenix had dumbbells that big and as far as I've seen no one ever touched them. Maybe they got used occasionally, but I think a set of dumbbell bars you could load to various weights of your choice would be so much more versatile and useful than just 2 huge 200 lb "widow makers" with a handle.

Anthony suggested the dumbbell handles from Iron Mind, and those do look nice, I don't have a set so I can't speak for their quality versus price point, but I just use Olympic size dumbbell handles I got at Play it Again Sports for $20 a piece, but then again I never put on more than 120 lbs and that involves using 25's which makes it a bit awkward.

Yeah, most people will never use a 200 lb dumbbell. Is there a dbell handle out there that can hold 10 25s on each side? Just curious.

Ill probably go with the ironmind bar.

Thank you everyone for the input.

I have a custom made DB handle that will hold 8, 25's on each side. The handle is 2" diameter so I can't see

why anyone would load it that heavy. The handle empty weighs 32 lbs. It's a BEAST!

Edited by Mighty Joe

Chimp, why don't you start posting videos so that people can see you're actually working towards some of crazy goals you set. If you have then I apologize for not seeing... However, if you keep writing about off the wall and virtually impossible feats you plan on doing, without showing what you CAN do, the stronger veterans will write you off as a troll - some might already have. I wish you the best and if you're a genuine grip trainee, I hope you make good progress.

Remember, the GB is home to some of the strongest men on the planet, so a bit more discretion and decorum would go a long way :)

I've had memberships to 4 different gyms as an adult, and worked out at several Power lifting Clubs in Michigan and Arizona. Only Thorbecke's in Phoenix had dumbbells that big and as far as I've seen no one ever touched them. Maybe they got used occasionally, but I think a set of dumbbell bars you could load to various weights of your choice would be so much more versatile and useful than just 2 huge 200 lb "widow makers" with a handle.

Anthony suggested the dumbbell handles from Iron Mind, and those do look nice, I don't have a set so I can't speak for their quality versus price point, but I just use Olympic size dumbbell handles I got at Play it Again Sports for $20 a piece, but then again I never put on more than 120 lbs and that involves using 25's which makes it a bit awkward.

is thorbeckes still around im in AZ and always looking for good gyms and great equipment

also kinda off topic but how do you guys do the heavy dumbell rows without your lower back hurting . i seem to have lost the technique or set up as recently whenever i do dumbell rows with the 120s at my gym sad its the heaviest mine has :( it just seems like ym lower back/sides are killing me and i cant find the rigth set up

Edited by ImpGrip

is thorbeckes still around im in AZ and always looking for good gyms and great equipment

also kinda off topic but how do you guys do the heavy dumbell rows without your lower back hurting . i seem to have lost the technique or set up as recently whenever i do dumbell rows with the 120s at my gym sad its the heaviest mine has :( it just seems like ym lower back/sides are killing me and i cant find the rigth set up

I haven't lived in Arizona for quite a few years, but the best gyms in Phoenix then were Gorilla's and Thorbecke's (world's oldest powerlifting gym). I'd recommend either of them. Gorilla's is much more modern but Thorbecke's is just cool to lift at because its so historical and nostalgic.