Frank Pizzo

Bending Steel Documentary Movie

Scott Styles

This movie is now available for rent on Google play. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

• Like 1

Ryan Scafuro

Hi Everyone, I'm the producer of Bending Steel and stumbled upon this topic from a google alert (took me a few tries to answer the trivia question to register, lol).

Thanks for the kind words, as most here have already said the film does explore more of the personal and emotional aspects of feats of strength, particularly in regards to performance. We were lucky to meet Chris at the beginning of his journey, and were able to discover some of these ideas and the history of some of the greats along side him. It may not be a film about strength per se, but I think most interested in that world will find it entertaining, and hopefully a little inspiring as well.

It is available on iTunes and Amazon in the US, and also streaming for free on Hulu with a subscription.

Happy to answer any questions you may have!

Edited by Ryan Scafuro
  • Like 3

KRC

Hi Ryan, 

Thanks for putting this film out there.   I found the movie extremely well done, and the peak strength vs. performer question never even occurred to me.  I was very happy to meet Chris S. at a grip competition last summer, too.  

Only question I have is, have you tried bending steel yourself? 

acromegaman
34 minutes ago, Ryan Scafuro said:

Hi Everyone, I'm the producer of Bending Steel and stumbled upon this topic from a google alert (took me a few tries to answer the trivia question to register, lol).

Thanks for the kind words, as most here have already said the film does explore more of the personal and emotional aspects of feats of strength, particularly in regards to performance. We were lucky to meet Chris at the beginning of his journey, and were able to discover some of these ideas and the history of some of the greats along side him. It may not be a film about strength per se, but I think most interested in that world will find it entertaining, and hopefully a little inspiring as well.

It is available on iTunes and Amazon in the US, and also streaming for free on Hulu with a subscription.

Happy to answer any questions you may have!

Hello Ryan! Are there any plans to make this movie available on DVD? I have already seen it, but I would love to have a hard copy for the future. Thanks

• Like 2

richcottrell
18 minutes ago, acromegaman said:

Hello Ryan! Are there any plans to make this movie available on DVD? I have already seen it, but I would love to have a hard copy for the future. Thanks

I too would love to see if a dvd version is possible.   As a student of film, I would absolutely love to hear a director’s commentary track.   

Either way, I really enjoyed this film of yours.

rich

• Like 1

KapMan
1 hour ago, acromegaman said:

I second this. A hard copy would be awesome

Ryan Scafuro

Hi guys, unfortunately as much as we pushed for it, the distributor didn't feel there was enough interest in putting the money forward to publish DVD's of the film. The sad reality of the film industry.

I will say though, if you feel strongly and there is enough of you... perhaps writing to the distributor directly might influence them? I really do appreciate your enthusiasm for the film!

You can contact them via this form, or via email here: hello@bondinfluence.com

• Like 1

Ryan Scafuro
5 hours ago, KRC said:

Hi Ryan, 

Thanks for putting this film out there.   I found the movie extremely well done, and the peak strength vs. performer question never even occurred to me.  I was very happy to meet Chris S. at a grip competition last summer, too.  

Only question I have is, have you tried bending steel yourself? 

I have! The guys showed me the ropes throughout filming, and I actually was bending 60d nails and #2 horseshoes (Lite I think?) at one point. I have to say, Chris Rider is a really great guy, and incredible teacher. I bent my first shoe into a heart on the night of the film's premiere and I still have it. :) 

It certainly gave me an appreciation for all of the elements that go into this activity, both physical and mental.

• Like 4

Donc101

Does anyone know the dimensions of the flat bar Chris has as a goal bar that he bends in front of the crowd?

• Like 1

acromegaman
36 minutes ago, Donc101 said:

Does anyone know the dimensions of the flat bar Chris has as a goal bar that he bends in front of the crowd?

I was wondering the same thing.

• Like 1

KRC

Just from looking at it looks to be at least 2" wide.  I think he mentions the dimensions in the film too, but I can't recall.

• Like 1

KapMan

2”x3/8”x30” is the one in the film I believe.

Thats the wonder bar. Here I am, 290 lbs and cant even kink a 2”x3/8”x36” from effin tractor supply. 

Edited by KapMan
  • Like 1

KapMan

Believe he did 2”x3/8x36” too

KapMan

Scott vincent did a 22” x 1.25” x 3/8” 

Ryan Scafuro
2 hours ago, KapMan said:

2”x3/8”x30” is the one in the film I believe.

Thats the wonder bar.

That's it... and he isn't lying when he says in the film that he tried to bend it the morning of his first performance and it didn't budge.

• Like 4

3Crusher
2 hours ago, Ryan Scafuro said:

That's it... and he isn't lying when he says in the film that he tried to bend it the morning of his first performance and it didn't budge.

Hey Ryan-

It's Steve Weiner here.  Nice to see you chime in here.  Hard to believe it has been almost five years since Bending Steel made its Tribeca Film Festival debut!

Ryan Scafuro
On 1/23/2018 at 12:16 PM, 3Crusher said:

Hey Ryan-

It's Steve Weiner here.  Nice to see you chime in here.  Hard to believe it has been almost five years since Bending Steel made its Tribeca Film Festival debut!

Hey Steve! Great to hear from you... those were some good times.

• Like 1