My Weak Return To Bending..... Edgin

EJ Livesey

So, its been about a year since I posted a video. In that time I was healing from massive injuries in my hands and wrist. this is the beginning to my bending return. This is the second edgin in that time and probably 6th time bending.

These are the black edgins that were rumored to be a bitch to bend. Hopefully the guys I sent these to will chime in. so after this I am 100% pain free and feeling good. This is a huge hit to my bending esteem, i went from bending big g8s in these exact wraps back to edgins, my warm-up bend. Im a sad panda.

http://youtu.be/kIDqOLHAxU0

Enjoy!

BTW i know i got fat, lets not dwell on it lol.

Edited by EJ Livesey
  • Like 4

Just watching this hurts my girly hands.

Badass.

Thanks bro, but....

If anyone has some man-hands it's you. Ghp9 need I say more?

• Like 1

Glad to see you hitting it again. It's always rough having to take time off to heal up.

EJ, your ceiling is unlimited with this. Great to see you back at it!

That awesome EJ good to see you back at it!

Thanks Tom. It feels good to have the steel back in my hands.

Glad to see you hitting it again. It's always rough having to take time off to heal up.

Thanks Tim. I suppose healing up is better than bending in a cast, or surgery.

EJ, your ceiling is unlimited with this. Great to see you back at it!

Thanks. I really hope you are right. I have some big bends planned for the next year. We will see how it goes.

Glad you are all healed up and back at EJ. You are still crazy strong. I wish I could bend that.

I have some of those black g5 Edgins, when i took a break

from bending a while back i barely kinked one. Your a crazy

good bender EJ keep it up bro.

Damn man that was awsome glad to see you back at it brother

Helluva strong bend for not having been at it for a full year. I doubt I could bend an Edgin in doubles never mind in fricken BBW's these days!

• Like 1

Incredible bend man I know you think you have lost some strength but it really doesn't look like it to me. Now that your feeling strong if your motivated I'm interested to see what bends you decide to go after.

I was wondering if the old benders battlefield records were lost or if we could restart them here? I know the horeshoe bends were saved but I enjoyed the other bends.

• Like 1

Good to see you healthy and back at it :rock

Thanks bro. It felt good.

evil_zps92ada358.jpg

That shit is funny lol.

Word. Thats a pretty sick bend for not having bent in a year dude. And yes, those black edgins were literally the hardest edgins ive ever bent. And imo, they werent that far off from BG8's we were bending in the past. Id even be so bold as to say they were within 30-35 lbs of each other.

You really think so? Before this I destroyed a 595Q bar but was shut down by a 640R bar. So I'd say these are 600-630 but I think I'm being very generous. The big g8s are less than 700 but more than 660. I know that for a fact.

Glad you are all healed up and back at EJ. You are still crazy strong. I wish I could bend that.

Thanks man. It took me a long time to get here. And I guess this is my guaranteed bend.

I have some of those black g5 Edgins, when i took a break

from bending a while back i barely kinked one. Your a crazy good bender EJ keep it up bro.

Thanks so much for the kind words. You were so close to killing one of these too. I hope you come back and smash one.

Damn man that was awsome glad to see you back at it brother

We will see how my body holds up. I will never give up steel bending.

Helluva strong bend for not having been at it for a full year. I doubt I could bend an Edgin in doubles never mind in fricken BBW's these days!

But I'm sure you could kill an ssp4 right now with no sweat at all. You were/are a horseshoe MONSTER

Incredible bend man I know you think you have lost some strength but it really doesn't look like it to me. Now that your feeling strong if your motivated I'm interested to see what bends you decide to go after.

I was wondering if the old benders battlefield records were lost or if we could restart them here? I know the horeshoe bends were saved but I enjoyed the other bends.

Thanks Stephen you were always one of the talented reverse benders. Since you asked about my future goals I have two in mind. The koasb and the gold. I have figured out the progression to both and have had many pieces of steel machined to meet the progression measurement.

As far as I know, everything was lost. All the Certs, rules, stickies, logs - everything. And that sucks. We wrote and had some great information on there.

As far as I know, everything was lost. All the Certs, rules, stickies, logs

Into the ether.

I think so.. Lets put it this way, i got a BG8 in single imps just as far as i got one of those black edgins in single imps.. Maybe 15 degrees if i had to guess. Looking back though its hard to say if they were that close. There was, i think, a month or so span between the black edgin and a G8. So its possible in that month that i got a little stronger by the time i was messing with the G8s.

One thing i am certain of in comparing the two- i remember them both bringing identical pain. Lol

An edgin in imps and a big G8 in bb wraps is without a doubt the same pain. You are correct. And there were a few months were WE went head to head, and kept getting stronger. So I have no doubt in a months time you got stronger, I was right there with you.

Pretty incredible and inspirational to see bends like this go down again. EJ your potential is limitless and this video just makes me want to go out and bend some steel today!!

What's your weakness right now after the lay-off? Personally I found my crush went weaker in proportion to my kink and sweep after my lay-off.

Looking forward to following your progression that you have developed. You should start a log.

As far as I know, everything was lost. All the Certs, rules, stickies, logs - everything. And that sucks. We wrote and had some great information on there.

Yeah, a lot of us bled for spots on those lists! Was really bummed when it went down. I thought i printed them out recently but can't find them. It'd be great if we could get them back up!

Pretty incredible and inspirational to see bends like this go down again. EJ your potential is limitless and this video just makes me want to go out and bend some steel today!!

What's your weakness right now after the lay-off? Personally I found my crush went weaker in proportion to my kink and sweep after my lay-off.

Looking forward to following your progression that you have developed. You should start a log.

Thanks bro. Right now is say my top weakness is my skin. It's not as tough as it was and gets pretty sore. I tried a low 600R bar and couldn't crush it past 3" in the first session. So I'd also say my crush. But all around I lost a lot of strength and hand toughness. I feel like I have the strength but not the pain tolerance. But when I want to push through the pain I feel like the strength isnt there. It's sounds contradicting.

I still have the 6in (P) i was gonna cert

on BenderBattlefield. Suppose i could

still bend it.

Yeah, a lot of us bled for spots on those lists! Was really bummed when it went down. I thought i printed them out recently but can't find them. It'd be great if we could get them back up!

It's sad that the lists are all gone. I worked so hard to get on that 7" imp list. That was a goal of mine for so, so long. But oh well records are made to be broken.

I still have the 6in (P) i was gonna cert

on BenderBattlefield. Suppose i could

still bend it.

Do it Josh. Bend it and post it up here!

What is the calibration? What style and wraps are you planning on using?

The more videos of bends that get posted in the bending forum the better!!

Incredible bend man I know you think you have lost some strength but it really doesn't look like it to me. Now that your feeling strong if your motivated I'm interested to see what bends you decide to go after. I was wondering if the old benders battlefield records were lost or if we could restart them here? I know the horeshoe bends were saved but I enjoyed the other bends.

It's sad that the lists are all gone. I worked so hard to get on that 7" imp list. That was a goal of mine for so, so long. But oh well records are made to be broken.

I still have the 6in (P) i was gonna certon BenderBattlefield. Suppose i couldstill bend it.

Do it Josh. Bend it and post it up here!What is the calibration? What style and wraps are you planning on using?The more videos of bends that get posted in the bending forum the better!!
Correct me if im wrong EJ but i believe its 620?? Idk been a while since i seen it but i will try DO in imp singles.

Yes Josh I believe it is 620x6. Be sure you can kill it though, it may be the only one left.

Edited by EJ Livesey