Horseshoe Benders Top-20 List

Ivan Beritashvili

DEAR BENDERS!
Finally I have sorted up all the cert submissions in this topic and from my Facebook and Vkontakte messages. So many things happened and it is a big joy to see how far the level of bending mastery has grown! So please check the news:

1) Zsolt Hornyak comes on 3rd place with his Kerckhaert DF front clipped 10x22 #1 bend!
Congratulations Zsolt, you have made a huge progress!

2) Carl-August Mertz takes 13th place with athletic arm strength bend of Kerckhaert DF front-clipped 8x22 #2.

3) Juha Lehtimaki places at 15th spot with Kerckhaert DF front-clipped 8x22 #3 bend. Congratulations to the first and strongest Steelbender in Finland!

4) Unfortunately two benders are out of this list - Dmitriy Osipov and Richard Santos, but we all hope we'll see them soon with tougher attempts!

5) SEVEN (7!!) models are no longer available for cert submissions, these are: 
St. croix Lite plain #3
Kerckhaert SSP 8x22 #3
Kerckhaert SSP 8x22 #2
Kerckhaert SSP 8x20 #1
Kerckhaert SSP 8x20 #0
Kerckhaert SSP 8x22 #1
Kerckhaert SX-7 side-clipped #000

6) One new model is added in the list - Kerckhaert DF front clipped 10x25 #5.
As soon as it lays between Kerckhaert SSP 10x22 size #3 and size #2, we have placed it by LOWEST estimate above SSP#3, but below St. Croix EZ PLUS #3, because we have no clue what kind of shoe it is. We are Ivan Yastrebov and myself.

7) Two clauses are added in the rules to clear things up:
6. Horseshoe, hand wraps and leg pad must be in the frame of the camera throughout the entire bend. The video must be in clear focus with good light, to make sure no place for any doubts are left.
9. All the measurements must be done with a digital caliper - width and thickness of the horseshoe and hole diameter for wraps measurement. In exeptional cases a machanical caliper can be used, but the quality of the video must be no less than 1080p60 HD with a proper focus.

Edited by Ivan Beritashvili
  • Like 7

Hello. My new attemp)

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Vankovich_Kirill said:

Hello. My new attemp)

Congratulations with entering TOP-20 list, Kirill!
You deserve it!

• Like 4

On ‎4‎/‎13‎/‎2020 at 9:53 AM, Ivan Beritashvili said:

DEAR BENDERS!
Finally I have sorted up all the cert submissions in this topic and from my Facebook and Vkontakte messages. So many things happened and it is a big joy to see how far the level of bending mastery has grown! So please check the news:

1) Zsolt Hornyak comes on 3rd place with his Kerckhaert DF front clipped 10x22 #1 bend!
Congratulations Zsolt, you have made a huge progress!

2) Carl-August Mertz takes 13th place with athletic arm strength bend of Kerckhaert DF front-clipped 8x22 #2.

3) Juha Lehtimaki places at 15th spot with Kerckhaert DF front-clipped 8x22 #3 bend. Congratulations to the first and strongest Steelbender in Finland!

4) Unfortunately two benders are out of this list - Dmitriy Osipov and Richard Santos, but we all hope we'll see them soon with tougher attempts!

5) SEVEN (7!!) models are no longer available for cert submissions, these are: 
St. croix Lite plain #3
Kerckhaert SSP 8x22 #3
Kerckhaert SSP 8x22 #2
Kerckhaert SSP 8x20 #1
Kerckhaert SSP 8x20 #0
Kerckhaert SSP 8x22 #1
Kerckhaert SX-7 side-clipped #000

6) One new model is added in the list - Kerckhaert DF front clipped 10x25 #5.
As soon as it lays between Kerckhaert SSP 10x22 size #3 and size #2, we have placed it by LOWEST estimate above SSP#3, but below St. Croix EZ PLUS #3, because we have no clue what kind of shoe it is. We are Ivan Yastrebov and myself.

7) Two clauses are added in the rules to clear things up:
6. Horseshoe, hand wraps and leg pad must be in the frame of the camera throughout the entire bend. The video must be in clear focus with good light, to make sure no place for any doubts are left.
9. All the measurements must be done with a digital caliper - width and thickness of the horseshoe and hole diameter for wraps measurement. In exeptional cases a machanical caliper can be used, but the quality of the video must be no less than 1080p60 HD with a proper focus.

Crazy how far this list has come since it started.  Keep up the great work guys!  I'll be knocked out of the top 5 soon. 

Edited by Mike Rinderle
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Crazy how far this list has come since it started.  Keep up the great work guys!  I'll be knocked out of the top 5 soon. 

Thanks for appreciation Mike! Glad to see you here! Hope you are doing fine.

Just think of the name of the list: TOP-20 HORSESHOE BENDERS! 
It must be tough list with high demands to the athletes to get in!!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Dear colleagues,
here is my successful attempt for 10th spot in TOP-20 Horseshoe benders list, judged by experienced benders Kirill Vankovich and Ivan Yastrebov.
Please take a look!

Also, a slight change in horseshoe progression list: SSP 18x8 #000 shoe is EASIER than DF 8x22 #1
7. Kerckhaert SSP 8x18 #000
8. Kerckhaert DF 8x22 #1 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Ivan Beritashvili said:

Dear colleagues,
here is my successful attempt for 10th spot in TOP-20 Horseshoe benders list, judged by experienced benders Kirill Vankovich and Ivan Yastrbov.
Please take a look!

Also, a slight change in horseshoe progression list: SSP 18x8 #000 shoe is EASIER than DF 8x22 #1
7. Kerckhaert SSP 8x18 #000
8. Kerckhaert DF 8x22 #1 

Congrats Ivan! Great bend.

Hello! My new attemp.

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, Vankovich_Kirill said:

Hello! My new attempt

Congratulations with entering TOP-10,  Kirill!

Good bend!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Dear athletes!

Today I have made a comparison bend of two horseshoes - Kerckhaert DF 8x22 #1 and SSP 8x22 #0.
Both bends done step by step from one shoe to another and so on in 1,5" sudes.
So the result is different, than I have expected: DF shoe is noticeably harder than SSP and the TOP-20 list should be revised.

ATTENTION STEELBENDERS!
UPDATE IN CERTIFICATION HORSESHOES LIST!

8. Kerckhaert SSP 8x22 #0 (UPDATE!!)
9. Kerckhaert DF 8x22 #1 (UPDATE!!)

• Like 2

May 7th, 2020
A cert bend Kerckhaert SSP 8x22 #0 with no leg pad.
The attempt is judged by Kirill Vankovich and Ivan Yastrbov, both green lights.

• Like 6

On 5/7/2020 at 11:08 PM, Ivan Beritashvili said:

May 7th, 2020

Great bend! Congratulations!

• Like 1

On 5/7/2020 at 4:08 PM, Ivan Beritashvili said:

May 7th, 2020

Glad to see you back at it Ivan! How have you been brother??

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Tommy J. said:

Glad to see you back at it Ivan! How have you been brother??

Dear Tommy, hi!

I've been fine, lots of work and business trips to far North of Russia and Siberia, I was erecting oil and wastewater refining machineries.
In August married wonderful woman!
Regarding training - due to business trips it was not a strict schedule, but still regular at least once a week.
So during lock-up, when I am home - blew off the dust from the steel, ha-ha! 
That is magical effect, you know. You just take the bar or the shoe, wrap it tight, just take a grip to hold a bit in the hand - and that's all, you are again in game 😄

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Ivan Beritashvili said:

Dear Tommy, hi!

I've been fine, lots of work and business trips to far North of Russia and Siberia, I was erecting oil and wastewater refining machineries.
In August married wonderful woman!
Regarding training - due to business trips it was not a strict schedule, but still regular at least once a week.
So during lock-up, when I am home - blew off the dust from the steel, ha-ha! 
That is magical effect, you know. You just take the bar or the shoe, wrap it tight, just take a grip to hold a bit in the hand - and that's all, you are again in game 😄

Great news Ivan! And congratulations on getting married! It’s good to catch up with old friends and hear good things.

also, I’d like to take a moment to give kudos to you for keeping the horse shoe rankings list alive and updated for so long. Very impressive! And much respect ✊ 

Edited by Tommy J.
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, Tommy J. said:

Great news Ivan! And congratulations on getting married! It’s good to catch up with old friends and hear good things.

Thanks Tommy!! for sure it is! I remeber we chatted via skype and exchanged some good steel!

17 hours ago, Tommy J. said:

also, I’d like to take a moment to give kudos to you for keeping the horse shoe rankings list alive and updated for so long. Very impressive! And much respect ✊ 

Thanks for kind words! This list is unique, and lots of very serious feats are done for it. We just can't let it disappear!
One thing remained to make this Chart perfect - to find Jason Bergmanns videos or to ask him make them public again. 
His YouTube channel was something! Each his update - you could take some popcorn and have a nice evening while watching! 😄

• Like 3

Congratulations on the marriage and on destroying a respectable horseshoe!

Yeah Bergmanns videos were great. Usually 20-30 minutes long showing good training and while discussing really insightful ideas on technique and training. He was not only a monster of strength, but an intelligent bender as well! Probably why he was also very successful in strongman in spite of his relatively small frame of 120-130 kg.

Edited by David_wigren
  • Like 2

Hello! My new attemp.

• Like 5

13 hours ago, Vankovich_Kirill said:

Hello! My new attemp.

Congratulations on 8th place Kirill! Excellent progress!

17 hours ago, Vankovich_Kirill said:

Hello! My new attemp.

Very nice bend!

On 5/7/2020 at 5:08 PM, Ivan Beritashvili said:

May 7th, 2020

Great stuff Ivan!