Horseshoe Benders Top-20 List

Ivan Beritashvili

That was a great bend Ivan! No question about that bend, well past 180! Congratulations to the cert Ivan!

Looks like you are getting the shoe bend technique down Ivan. Awesome bend!!

Nick, I am very grateful to you! Without your help in including new shoe models, the cert will be much more complicated for me and for all guys in Russia. Big respect for all your labour and experience.

This was a discussion Ivan and I had and we agreed it would be the best thing for the cert list. The SFC lite Rim 3 is a huge accomplishment but is no longer recognized. New shoes are always added since the sport must evolve

Thanks for support EJ, and much thanks for taking time to judge my video-submission!
Ivan, big congrats! Also would like to say, i like the direction the top 20 list is going. In my mind, the harder it is to get on the list, the more revered it will be. I would love to eventually get bumped off the list with a plain reg #3 bend, and have to bend something bigger to stay on. Just sayin.

Tommy huge thanks my friend! This was my very desired goal for two years!
Also cool you support the requirements tightening. I am very happy that world-class benders root for sport developing.

That was a great bend Ivan! No question about that bend, well past 180! Congratulations to the cert Ivan!

Thank you very much David. All crush technique I have is taken from your videos.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Huge thanks to EJ Livesey and Tommy Jennings for sending me these wonderful shoes. This is my first touch of St.Croix Forge.
SCF Plain Reg #3 bent asymmetrically and met me with deadly crushdown.
As I am totally in armwrestling training now, kink and sweep felt good, but leg isn't that tight as it should be for successful horseshoe bending. Big thanks to Nick Rosendaul, David Mitti and Carl Ansara for support. I closed this shoe back to 30-35 degrees, and will bend it back and forth till it gives up, either flattens or snaps.

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone!

Here is my submission for Top 20 horseshoe benders!

• Like 3

Congratulations to Crimean sailor Ivan Yastrebov for his disintegrating of Kerckhaert DF front-clipped 8x22 #3 shoe in under one minute and taking 12th spot in Horseshoe benders Top-20 list right near me!

Awesome debut my friend!

• Like 1

My new submission for top 20 list!

• Like 1

Huge congratulations to Ivan Yastrebov with entering Top-10 Strongest horseshoe benders!

Excellent progress, my friend!

SERIOUS SHOES!!

• 2 weeks later...

Big congratulations to my good friend Dmitriy Osipov for his awesome bend of Kerckhaert SSP 8x20 #0 and placing on 15th spot in Top-20 Horseshoe Benders List!

• Like 1

Sport is sport, so appearance of new athletes in our battlfield will inevitably lead to changes in this Elite List.
Unfortunately 3 benders are moved down to 19th spot and excluded from the list: Richard Bean, Chad Rickicki and Zach Kasukonis.

From June 30th 2015 the horseshoe model

St. croix Lite Rim #1 is NO longer acceptable for certifications.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hello everyone!

Here is my new subbmission for top 20 list

• Like 1

Huge congratulations to my Russian colleague Ivan Yastrebov with demolishing of fearsome little chunk Kerkhaert SSP 8x18 #000 and occupying 7th spot in Horseshoe Benders Top 20 List!

The legit world class bend, Ivan! Awesome work!

• Like 3

In Russian Federation Kerckhaert DF horseshoes are much easier to get than SSPs.
This is why some time ago I sent some DF shoes to Nick Rosendaul, which he kindly smoked and told his estimate, where these shoes fit in Cert Models list. This was made for us, Russian benders, to make cert process easier.

Two DF 8x22 models are already included in the list, size #3 and #2.
With priceless consultation of Nick Rosendaul summed up with Ivan Yastrebov's thoughts,

From September 22nd, 2015 we add two new models of shoes acceptable for certs:

1) Kerckhaert DF front-clipped 8x22 #1 - between St. Croix Forge Plain Regular #3 and Kerckhaert SSP 8x18 #000;

2) Kerckhaert DF front-clipped 8x22 #0 - right above Kerckhaert SSP 8x22 Extra #0.

All DF shoes are significantly tougher than SSPs of same dimensions, so Kerckhaert DF front-clipped 8x22 #0 is given a LOWEST estimate.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

My new submission for top20 :)

• Like 1

With easiness not meant for the shoe of this superb level, Ivan Yastrebov confidently smashes Kerckhaert DF 8x22 #0 and takes 6th place in World's Top-20 Horseshoe Benders list.

Huge congratulations my strong friend! On to the 10 mm!

• 1 month later...

Great to see people still climbing this list. Awesome job guys!

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Hi all!

Here is an attempt I have to offer:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 26.05.2016 at 2:12 PM, camz said:

Hi all!

Here is an attempt I have to offer:

Big congratulations to Carl-August Mertz with awesome entering into Top-20 Strongest Shoe Benders in the world!
That triceps crush was a killer one, last time saw this from Nick Rosendaul!

• Like 5

53 minutes ago, Ivan Beritashvili said:

Big congratulations to Carl-August Mertz with awesome entering into Top-20 Strongest Shoe Benders in the world!
That triceps crush was a killer one, last time saw this from Nick Rosendaul!

Thank you very much for taking your time and the kind words!

BÄMM!

:-)

• 3 weeks later...