Project Mm6

acorn

Have trained very little since last post. The occasional gripper squeeze or whatever. Not too much. Still struggling with feet issues. My wife started doing Saturday morning training sessions at the park in a bootcamp style workout that one of my old grip buddies is putting on so I've been taking the girls out there to play during that time and started playing with whatever equipment he has brought after they finish sometimes. KB's and BW stuff mostly like pullups, swings, presses, hanging leg raise, Battling ropes (both ropes in one hand vs the normal way). Stuff like that.

Stuff from this weekend:

Swings with KB 10x Each side 40 Kg, 2x 16Kg in one hand x 20 each hand

KB Clean and strict press - 40Kg x 2 each side, 2x16Kg in one hand x 5 each hand

Battling ropes both ends in one hand 30sec each side.

Pullups - 8x BW ~ about 270-275 I think.

Few hours of hoeing Bermuda grass out of the long fallow garden

Gripper set RH only 161# Adj BBE @ MM2 mount x 9reps (MMS)

R&P Only 1.5" VBar lift. LH 8 x 63#, RH 5 x 63#

( In this style:)

Thumb pads sore from something as well. Prolly sanding wood trim for room remodel that is ongoing or some work in the garden.

Not much I know but happy with where the grippers are at. I've really just been squeezing them every so often for a single set. I either get no where near closing it for a single or am able to add a rep from the last time I did them on that gripper however long ago I tried it. Started on this 161# BBE at a double or triple on a good day prolly not long after last post in Sept.. Rep here and there and this last attempt netted 9 reps.

- Aaron

Edited by acorn

Stay with it duder! Im still rootin' for you on the MM6!

Feeling fat, and weak but less busted up. Hopefully still on the mend. If I can get to feeling a bit better I might get some actual motivation to train back instead of this random occasional stuff here and there. Which right now there is very little motivation to train. Thanks buddy!

• Like 1

Yesterday, some grippers.

RH 3x2x 161# BBE, 3x 161# BBE, 4x 161# BBE, 0x 169# #3.5 close miss

LH 2x 159# BBE Negs.

Today

2HP euro

54mm 2x2x 85Kg

48mm 2x90Kg, 1x95Kg, 1x 100.5Kg or about 221#

• Like 1

Closing a 161# gripper is not too shabby either!

Thanks guys. I appreciate the perspective as both are obviously significant drops from my peak. I think 15-20% below, but a good starting point if I can get back after it.

-Aaron

Did some testing last night for my Birthday. Wanted to try a few feats and test some different aspects I don't normally train. Couple of beers may have helped the bending a bit.

11/13/2014

- Jump Squats BW - 2x10

- KB Swings

10x 25Kg each hand

- Grippers

RH 2x 161# BBE - 20mm block set

RH 2x1x 169# #3.5

(After Bending)

RH 2x2x 161# BBE - 20mm block set

RH - 2x Vulcan OC Lvl 9 - 10sec

(After Bending)

LH - 2 sets x Reps on Vulcan at gold Lvl 9 w/ 20mm block

LH - 2x Vulcan OC Lvl 9 - 10sec

- Bending DO

1x hard 60d

1x FBBC Bastard

- Hub lift - Gibson Plate

1x 46.5# Each hand

1x 66.5# RH

1x 77# RH

- 50# York Blob - no lift

- Inch DB - No lift, just spun out breaking off ground.

R&P 1.5" Vbar lift

6x RH, 6x LH with whatever was on there.

- Aaron

Good stuff buddy! I went and reversed a hard 60d a few days ago after a very long layoff as well. IT HURT!! haha!

• Like 1

Today

Grippers

RH 161# BBE - 20mm block set reps

3x, 3x, 3x, 3x, 3x, 4x

LH 159# BBE

Neg, Neg, Neg, Neg

Did a set of R&P 1.5" Vbar lifts before bed last night too.

7x Each hand. Maybe 59# on there.

- Aaron

Today

Grippers

RH 161# BBE - 20mm block set reps

4x, 4x, 4x, 4x, 3x

LH 159# BBE

Neg, Neg, Neg, Neg

R&P VBar 1.5"

RH 8x 59#

LH 6x,6x

• Like 2

Yesterday I wrestled with a trencher for a few hours. Was trying to expand garden area significantly and dig deep to break up hard ground and caliche. It kept getting high centered and stuck so I kept having to pick up the end and move it. 800lb was the weight listed though I obviously was not lifting all of that. 4 hours of fighting it though was a workout and I am sore today. also did a few gripper closes last night on a BBGM to test light up gripper prototype. Maybe 8 or 10 closes. Sore today.

- Aaron

• Like 1

Had an opportunity to pop up to Phoenix to visit with Martin for a bit today. Not really time for any training but I did get to show off some grippers I've been working on and talk training some. Good visiting with you and your family Martin and thanks for the hospitality.

Thanks for dropping by and visiting Aaron! Awesome creations you have come up with. Clearly, you have put the highest level of innovation into your grip tools. Thanks for bringing the great food, and letting my kids enjoy your dog.

• Like 1

Pic from yesterday's event at my work. Me with space suit in background from Alan Eustace's record breaking stratospheric jump.

Aaron

post-9402-0-65438700-1416800781_thumb.jp

Edited by acorn
  • Like 1

Pic from yesterday's event at my work. Me with space suit in background from Alan Eustace's record breaking stratospheric jump.

Aaron

Neat!

finally getting "red lights" will be a possitive thing....Very nice work

Couple training related items.

Monday 11/24

Tried to do pinch workout and worked up to training weight but skin was still too raw from the trenching work in the garden over the weekend so I delayed the workout for later in the week.

2HP Euro 48mm

3x 65Kg

1x85Kg

2x85Kg

3x85kg

Tuesday 11/25

Grippers test last night

161# BBE x1, x2

20mm block set reps

161# BBE x5, x4

- Aaron

• Like 1

Did a lighter gripper workout on Saturday. Didn't track exactly. Mostly reps with a BBM, Multiple sets.

Sunday went and trained a bit with friends. They were doing GPP workout of various things trying to keep HR up for 30 min. I brought my 2" Saxon bar and a couple 45# bumpers to add to the mix. None of them could break it off the ground with just the bumpers on it hahaha. So I did clean and presses with it for reps as well as speed hack squats and cheat curls. Most of the stuff I did there ended up being pinch related due to the way I did it. Did a bunch of 1H oly snatches on what they had setup as well as 1H barbell curls with the oly bar and 65# on it. Got 5x per arm. Reeves DL with the Saxon for reps and farmers walks around the cul de sac with the very wide black bumpers. High rep Cyplenkov's. Lots of other things but those were some of the fun ones. HR stayed above 150 bpm for most of it and somehow I managed not to puke after the tire drags. Little sore today.

- Aaron

Trained a bit at a buddies again on Sunday. Same GPP work as last time with adding some grip type work in. Brought the 2" Saxon bar, 25# Bumpers and the fat 45# Bumpers as well as some smaller grippers. Grip stuff of note.

Saxon Bar snatch 92# x 5

Filed BTR BBSM x 10 RH and x 4 LH

Farmers walk with the fat 45# Bumpers pinch maybe 150'

Saxon Pinch curls 92#x 5

Saxon Bar pinch front raise straight arm 92# x 2

Static curl holds 2 x 5sec Saxon bar with 92#

Cyplenkov holds - End of bar with 25# Bumper and 88# KB hanging on it. 2x per hand

KB Snatches 88# x 5 each hand

also some KB juggling with the 88lb KB

Lots of other stuff as well all done in 30 min. Sore today.

- Aaron

• Like 1

Home with sick kid today and managed some gripper work finally.

Grippers

#Tx10, #1x5, #2x3 RH, #1.5x3 LH

RH 20mm Block Sets

#2x3, Filed BTR adj BBSM x 2, Easy #3 (138) x 2

Adj BBGM (145) x 2

Filed hard #3 x 2 (last rep did not fully close

Filed Hard #3 x 1 (no block set) - held 5sec

Filed adj BBSM x 10 + N -> #1.5 x 9 + N -> #T x 33 + N ( 20mm block swipe on each rep )

LH 20mm block sets

#2 x 2, Filed adj BBSM x 2

Easy #3 (138) x 2

adj BBGM (145) x 1

Filed adj BBSM x 5 + N -> #1.5 x 5 + N -> #T x 8 + N (20mm block swipe on each rep)

- Aaron

• Like 1