Project Mm6

acorn

Think the good pinching had anything to do with the recent rain and cool weather down there?

Think the good pinching had anything to do with the recent rain and cool weather down there?

My house is air conditioned so the humidity and temp do not change much inside. I have been putting a lot more focus into prep for the lifts, trying to figure out best routine for getting consistent friction on the implement. Still learning after nearly 10yrs in grip. So many comps over the years where I did not pull to expectations due to crummy surface or hand conditions day of the comp.

- Aaron

• Like 1

My house is air conditioned so the humidity and temp do not change much inside. I have been putting a lot more focus into prep for the lifts, trying to figure out best routine for getting consistent friction on the implement. Still learning after nearly 10yrs in grip. So many comps over the years where I did not pull to expectations due to crummy surface or hand conditions day of the comp.

- Aaron

Yep. I get a huge difference in pinch lifts down there.

• Like 1

Crummy training night last night. left pec was tender as well as right elbow acting up on grippers. Tennis elbow symptoms. Worked through it and gutted it out last night to get last higher tension session in before comp. Will try to baby it from here on in and try to not get a goose egg in grippers on comp day. Martin you may win this event yet. Even the #1.5 hurt.

9/23/2015

Bench 10x 70.4Kg

Grippers - #Tx20, #1.5x10

RH 20mm block set - #2x1, 1x 117#, 1x 121#, 1x 138# #3, 1x138# #3, 1x 160# adj BBE, 1x 165# adj BBE, 0x 169# #3.5, 1x 169# #3.5, 2x1x 160# adj BBE - 5sec OC

LH 20mm block set - #2x1, 1x 117#, 1x 121#, 1x 138# #3, 1x138# #3

Forkulator Ext - empty x a bunch

Arm aid deep tissue work Right arm

Hack sawing for 30min - making equipment for comp and flushing blood into forearm.

- Aaron

Edited by acorn

Martin you may win this event yet. Even the #1.5 hurt.

I'm sure with a couple Advil, you'll still close a 175#. My gripper work has been plateau'ed for a while, but I think it's due to the 2HP pinch & 2" crusher work during the week.

• Like 1

Couple of pulls from yesterday. Also show the new comp quick change pin setup in first vid.

• Like 3

I don't think I wrote anything down from the last workout so this is from memory. Was primarily a equipment testing session for the quick change pin gear and height indicator I finished just before workout. Didn't have alot of time due to getting the final fab and training \ testing in before toddler woke from nap.

9/26/2015

2" Crusher

LH - 2x 61Kg, 1x 81Kg

RH - 3x 61Kg, 2x 81Kg, 1x 86Kg, 1x 91Kg, 1x 96Kg

Inch DB

RH 2x attempts. Best was about 6"

2HP - Wood Pinch block 48mm - 2x 1rep x 205#

Elbow rehab work

• Like 1

Last night was going to train but the elbow issue was not thrilled with that idea. Ended up doing some cleaning on training room mostly and played with Gripper based Accentuated Eccentrics training rig. Couple Negs with that.

- Aaron

• 2 weeks later...

Trained light last night. Last one before the comp. Have not trained really since last logging as I was trying to take care of elbow issue, Then caught a stomach bug, then back sciatica flared up. Feeling better now and might actually make weight for the 120kg class, down 10lbs. Did test grippers a couple times to see how the elbow was doing though. Sunday morning it took 5 tries to close the Trainer RH due to the tendonitis. Last night was better though I did have to strap it.

10/8/2015

Bench 10x70.4kg, 3x 90.4Kg, 3x 110.4Kg

Grippers - 10x #T BH, 5x #1.5 BH, 2x filed adj BBSM BH, 1x 138# #3 RH, 1x 159# BBE RH

2HP Euro 54mm

1x 86Kg, 2x 66kg, 2x 86Kg, 2x 86Kg

2" FBBC Crusher - 2x2x 156# Each hand.

Elbow rehab work and Epson salt bath.

- Aaron

...Ended up doing some cleaning on training room mostly and played with Gripper based Accentuated Eccentrics training rig. Couple Negs with that.

- Aaron

Meanwhile...in Nate's world..."what the hell is he talking about?"

Google

Google

Google

Ah-ha! Ok...gotcha. :)

• Like 2

...Ended up doing some cleaning on training room mostly and played with Gripper based Accentuated Eccentrics training rig. Couple Negs with that.

- Aaron

Meanwhile...in Nate's world..."what the hell is he talking about?"

Google

Google

Google

Ah-ha! Ok...gotcha. :)

Feel free to PM me if you ever have questions.

- Aaron

• Like 1

Trained light last night. Last one before the comp. Have not trained really since last logging as I was trying to take care of elbow issue, Then caught a stomach bug, then back sciatica flared up. Feeling better now and might actually make weight for the 120kg class, down 10lbs. Did test grippers a couple times to see how the elbow was doing though. Sunday morning it took 5 tries to close the Trainer RH due to the tendonitis. Last night was better though I did have to strap it.

10/8/2015

Grippers - 10x #T BH, 5x #1.5 BH, 2x filed adj BBSM BH, 1x 138# #3 RH, 1x 159# BBE RH

2HP Euro 54mm

- Aaron

Wow, didn't know you trained up right until 2 days before a comp.

10/8/2015

2HP Euro 54mm

- Aaron

Wow, didn't know you trained up right until 2 days before a comp.

I don't normally like this but I didn't get to do my typical peaking schedule. Most of the stuff was sub 80% range with minimal volume just to re-enforce neural adaptation patterns precomp. My normal peaking taper would have done that but didn't happen this time. Was just trying to knock the rust off a little not have a true workout if that makes sense.

- Aaron