Why I'm Not Fond Of Grippers Anymore

Volko Krull

Autolupus

Autoplus, not sure I completely know what your saying. Would you mind going into a bit more detail, because as you put it. I do feel as though I'm regressing and getting nowhere

Pay attention to what people are saying, read what is there, not what you want to be there!

It's Autolupus not Autoplus!

Base level is what you can do with sub 100%, usually around 75-80% of max should give you a good idea. You will not be hitting PRs every workout, so long as your average trend is increasing then you are progressing.

Peak power will peak and trough all over the place but your base strength should be a more stable indication.

• Like 2
  • Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CANCRUSHER

• Josh O'Dell

• Volko Krull

• Mephistopholes

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I love grippers so much. Closing them is very satisfying to me. Therapeutic practically. I like to hold them and not even close them. Here is a haiku about grippers: A worthy challenge Rock the awe

oh yeah!! Hello Chris!! pleased to argue with you Let us take two athletes- one does grippers (e.g. closes 3.5 gripper from 20 mm block), pinching and thick bars - other one does pinch and thick b

I do agree that things like thickbar and pinch have far more carryover to real life than grippers. But then again, love is rarely logical. I still love grippers.

Geralt

Autoplus, not sure I completely know what your saying. Would you mind going into a bit more detail, because as you put it. I do feel as though I'm regressing and getting nowhere

Pay attention to what people are saying, read what is there, not what you want to be there!

Base level is what you can do with sub 100%, usually around 75-80% of max should give you a good idea. You will not be hitting PRs every workout, so long as your average trend is increasing then you are progressing.

Peak power will peak and trough all over the place but your base strength should be a more stable indication.

Good point Mike. I also tend to forget that sometimes.

Jones1874

Didn't realise, I'm on my phone so predictive txt writes what it wants. Thanks for clearing that up. I think it would be useful if I had a few more 'in between' grippers. When I get a few more I'm going to get them calibrated to so I know what I'm working with Edited by alexjones234
Mike Sharkey

Here's the other thing, it's one thing for Chris to say he doesn't like grippers or thinks there are better ways to achieve the same results. He's obviously got insane hand strength no matter how you measure it, and I think that's the point. It doesn't matter how you get the strength, just that it's there for you when you need it.

CANCRUSHER

Always leave something in the tank.I am starting to understand this quote only after 6 years of training.

slazbob

And read up about the central nervous system: It will give you the reason why you don't always do your best. It's more about that than anything.

Your mind isn't always firing with your body; if you can learn how to use your CNS, you will be training like the best athletes in the world.