Biceps Curl 309 Lbs X 5 Cyplenkov

Kashtan

Wow that's crazy strong...I think the list of people who could cheat curl over 300 for reps is pretty short. This is one of the best performances I've seen on video. Thanks for sharing.

i'd like to see him and CT Fletcher do an arm workout.. they would DEMOLISH everybody's self esteem!

"Call me maybe" playing in the background definitely helped.

• Like 2

While I find this super impressive and a crazy feat of strength - calling those "curls" is pretty iffy. His arms are "locked" and the angle never changes. Maybe they are so big they can't move :) but "curls" - come on.

• Like 2

While I find this super impressive and a crazy feat of strength - calling those "curls" is pretty iffy. His arms are "locked" and the angle never changes. Maybe they are so big they can't move :) but "curls" - come on.

Dennis has a ridiculous level of strength in that short range of motion. I agree, they're so big they cant move! :grin:

I'm with Chris; no curls were done. That said, very few people could move that weight in that fashion. Will he be the first to slay the Bigfoot of Curling and strictly curl a 100# db or just fall to the wayside as another guy "that could do it easily if he tried"?

• Like 2

while I definitely cannot, I assume this guy could curl 100lb strict in 1 hand. (I only assume) because the 1 guy who did curl 100lbs semi strict (Rob V.) could probably not beat Cyplenkov at aw'ing.

Your right, Rob.V would not be able to beat Cyplenkov either arm, Denis is off the charts in terms of arm strength, Rob is a great puller though.

The thickness of his hands, arms, and self in general is crazy.

Yes when I asked Devon the other week about Denis he mentioned that Denis is a mutant....I asked him how he would beat Cyplenkov, and he mentioned that he would get his entire body behind his bicep lock, and at the same time try and isolate Denis's extremely strong bicep..they could meet in top 16 later this year.

• 1 month later...

I bet he'd make short work of any existing strict curl records. Would love to see that.

I wrote the rules and started the United States Strict Curl Assoc (USSCA) back in 1987, and in 1988 put on a contest at Venice Beach, which drew 14 lifters. The following year it doubled to 29, and the following year (1990), with lifters from Mexico, Puerto Rico, Canada, as well as the USA, the number increased to 53 for the inaugural Strict Curl World Championships. CT Fletcher did his record of 225 lbs (the most performed with my rules) in 1992 in Norwalk, CA, which I was one of the referees witnessing. I've had 2 or 3 strong bodybuilders claim 300-350 lb cheat curls, but 175-180 lbs is about their limit using the rules. Now even though CT's record is DAMN respectable, I'd really love to see what some of the elite current strongmen (Shaw, et al, even Samuelsson who was reputed to have the strongest arms back in the late 90s) could max out with. I had asked veteran strongman Odd Haugen who lives not too far from me, to give it a try but a bicep injury from several years prevents him from performing anything heavy. My guess is 250 lbs might be the limit for the very strongest. Thoughts?

• Like 3

• 2 years later...
On Sunday, May 04, 2014 at 4:05 PM, ironwarrior said:

I wrote the rules and started the United States Strict Curl Assoc (USSCA) back in 1987, and in 1988 put on a contest at Venice Beach, which drew 14 lifters. The following year it doubled to 29, and the following year (1990), with lifters from Mexico, Puerto Rico, Canada, as well as the USA, the number increased to 53 for the inaugural Strict Curl World Championships. CT Fletcher did his record of 225 lbs (the most performed with my rules) in 1992 in Norwalk, CA, which I was one of the referees witnessing. I've had 2 or 3 strong bodybuilders claim 300-350 lb cheat curls, but 175-180 lbs is about their limit using the rules. Now even though CT's record is DAMN respectable, I'd really love to see what some of the elite current strongmen (Shaw, et al, even Samuelsson who was reputed to have the strongest arms back in the late 90s) could max out with. I had asked veteran strongman Odd Haugen who lives not too far from me, to give it a try but a bicep injury from several years prevents him from performing anything heavy. My guess is 250 lbs might be the limit for the very strongest. Thoughts?

Idk, there's this guy who's quite full of himself yet he can bicep curl (used a bit of momentum) 345 lbs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36AyTieEC9s

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/17/2014 at 4:19 AM, kasparov said:

Yes when I asked Devon the other week about Denis he mentioned that Denis is a mutant....I asked him how he would beat Cyplenkov, and he mentioned that he would get his entire body behind his bicep lock, and at the same time try and isolate Denis's extremely strong bicep..they could meet in top 16 later this year.

I've only seen Andrey Pushkar beat Cyplenkov, and he did it fast. I'd like to see Larratt face him, but I don't see him grinding out a victory against Cyplenkov. 

On a side note, how is Cyplenkov that big? Just hard to believe he's natty. Do they even test in arm wrestling? 

He looks like he's been taking growth hormones and steroids for a long time. Russia's reputation supports the argument. If so, he has no business opposite a natty in competition. Exhibition bout, maybe.

If you take PEDs, they take the credit.

Edited by mgalovic

And sorry, I don't mean to hijack your thread or anything. It's just that when I see guys like that its like a walking bill board for PEDs. 

I could be wrong, idk. 

And, I don't mean to shame those who do or have used them. I just think it should be disclosed.