Different Times Of Day You Are Stronger

Sybersnott

Today was my grip training day.... but I did something different today.  All throughout the day, I would test my strength on the CoC #3.

Just as soon as I got up this morning, I tried to close it.  Didn't happen.  Within a half inch.  Then before lunch, I tried again.  No luck.  Early afternoon - again I tried.  Nothing.  Then I waited till 7 p.m., just before going out to eat dinner.  I set up, and squashed it closed!!  Musta been for a full 5 to 10 seconds.  Then after dinner, I put in a grip workout.

Talking to Baraban Roberts; he told me that he is the most strongest late at night.  I think it's early to mid-evening to me.  Does anyone "feel" stronger during some parts of the day than others?  Ask me to close the #3 in the morning - and I can't do it.  But later on in the day, I have a better chance.  I also tend to grip train sometime in the evening - if this has any bearing on my grip strength.......

Guest kINGPIN

Times of the day affect me for my lifting aswell.  some people like to train in the afternoon as this is when they have the most energy but personally I like to lift late when everything else is out of the way (8:30 ish).  As for grip work I have got no chance of closing anything in the morning.  I save my grip work until after my dinner.

A strange thing that happened to me was one day I had a real hard grip workout in the afternoon and decided to take my grippers out that night to introduce it to one of my friends.  To show him that I could close it I said to him 'I don't think I can do it, I had a real heavy workout this afternoon'. I gave it a squeeze and it closed without much effort.

Sybersnott: i never train to early. the result will not be good with to little food in me. so later is better for me.

and i have heard that the back is weakest in the morning,but dosent have som much with griptrainig to do. but i have that as a rule, whether i will train with grippers or do squats and SLDL.

i train around 6-7 p.m

I feel best when training at night, but when I was in college, my best training was in the afternoons, but that is when my schedule afforded me the luxury to do that.  Mornings are always the worst for me, as it takes me a lonf time to get going.

Not sure if there is any research on this one, but to me it's all in the head.  I've had great workouts at 6am and great ones later during the day.

Guest kINGPIN

Like wannagrip said it is kid of in the head.  But a major factor is the fact that glycogen levels are lower in the morning.  A nice big breakfast with plenty of carbs and protien will soon sort this out.  As for my weight training, I like to train late because then I have no distractions.  I can sit a rest and eat as much as I want until I go to bed with out being distracted.

Probably Wannagrip is right about time of workout

being a very individual matter. As a point of history,

and you can accept the reasonableness of this or not,

but it was claimed by Alfred Monte-Saldo that when he

was training Edward Aston for his match against Inch

on June 3, 1911, that one of the reasons the match

was set to begin promptly at 8 pm (with a penalty for

either lifter to be late) was that Saldo had trained

Aston to be in top lifting form from 8 pm to 8:50 pm.

That is not a joke, but you may want to take it

with a grain of Saldo.

Course, I made sure early in the morn I had ample time to get in a good breakfast and wake up. It was NOT jump out of bed and train, etc.